The All New Fishing Thread

Guest Working to fish

Fork me :shocked:........

Got up 3.30am ,we got out early ,fished for hours ,not even a cold was caught.

how was the weather nice and flat?

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Working to fish
how was the weather nice and flat?

A little on the swelly side ,waves were every 6 seconds ,a few white caps ,but in all ,not a bad day ,apart from the lack of bites :yes:

Guest Working to fish

Would have loved to come out with you Eddie - another time. Would you be standing behind me showing me how to hold the rod?

:embarrassed::wink:

Guest Working to fish
Next time, try an hour either side of the bottom of the tide. Neaps are not the best producing tides...

Cheers, Bobj.

Bobj ,neaps ,mate ,am lost .:idea:

Guest motlyman
Bobj ,neaps ,mate ,am lost .:idea:

The gravitational pull of the moon causes spring tides at full moon and neap tides at half moon. Basicly spring tides are higher than normal and lower than normal at full moon while neap tides dont move as much while there is half moon.

Here in SA we even have dodge tides where there is no tidal movement for 12 hours.

Colin

is the any good fly fishing ,freshwater/sea .And is the any stocked fishery in oz ,do they have trout etc.

G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Fly fishing in freshwater is very productive throughout Australia, except for WA as there are very few waterways. Trout and native fish are stocked throughout SE Australia; virtually all the Snowy Mountains area is well stocked with brown and rainbow trout as well as atlantic salmon. For trout and salmon, Tasmania is the best place.

North of Sydney, most of the dams and waterways are stocked with great native fish, ie. murray cod to 100lbs, yellowbelly to 40lbs, silver perch to 5lbs and bass to 7lbs.

North of Brisbane one can add the saratoga and barramundi to that list, 'toga to 7lbs and barra to 70lbs.

Sal****er, not sure which of the southern species rise to fly, but, north of Brisbane, most of the estuary and sandflat species will take fly and, in WA around Ningaloo Reef (1100 km north of Perth) the magnificent bonefish is regularly caught. Most of the pelagics will accept fly; there is even a "fly only" billfish tournament, or two.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Bobj.

thanks Bobj.

sounds like fishing heaven .Bobj is fishing&fishing gear expansive down under and do you have license system ,or is the fishing free

thanks Bobj.

sounds like fishing heaven .Bobj is fishing&fishing gear expansive down under and do you have license system ,or is the fishing free

No worries, mate.

Is fishing gear expensive???? Not particularly so, Plenty of tackle outlets to compete.

Campbell's ProTackle

Licences: depends on which state you want to fish in

FISHING LICENCING AND RESTRICTIONS, FISHING LICENCES

In Qld. there is no licence needed in rivers or at sea. There is, however, a State Impoundment Permit (SIP) at $35 a year for any of 30 dams (impoundments) or, $7 a week. That is, from the NSW border to Cairns in the tropical north. Supposedly 75% goes to stocking your favourite dam(s) and 25% to admin...These dams stock bass, murray cod, yellowbelly, silver perch, catfish, spangled perch, saratoga and barramundi.

Cheers, Bobj.

winds and swell down a bit at the weekend but looking like a northerly anyone going out up the sunny coast, what do you think of the conditions?

Guest Working to fish
winds and swell down a bit at the weekend but looking like a northerly anyone going out up the sunny coast, what do you think of the conditions?

Friday onwards ,no probs ,getting up a bit late on Sunday .

Saturday look,s the day for me ,just have to watch if a storm comes late afternoon .

:jiggy:

Guest guest30038
hopefully get out sunday morning, storms should be later on fingers crossed. Got some nuclear chicken softies to try!

Nuclear chooks! They're the way to go!

kev

Guest Working to fish
Bought a packet and still not taken them out of the packet...

Looking for a deckie for barra fishing, any takers??Me ,still love to get up there after xmas :yes:

Kinchantbarras005.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest Working to fish
did anybody get out on the Sunny coast it certainly picked up after about 8am on saturday

We didnt get out ,there were no storms ,but weather man got it wrong this weekend ,friday morning was flat around 7 ish ,but apart from that ,the whole weekend was a bit to windy for me .

:cry:

We didnt get out ,there were no storms ,but weather man got it wrong this weekend ,friday morning was flat around 7 ish ,but apart from that ,the whole weekend was a bit to windy for me .

:cry:

early days but this weekend looks good

Bought a packet and still not taken them out of the packet...

Looking for a deckie for barra fishing, any takers??

Cheers, Bobj.

Had a trip to the local dam in 'ladies hours' and scored 1 @ 93 cm and 2 @ 40 cm and had another 4 hits...Jo tried to take a photo of the big girlie but pressed the wrong buttons and the photo didn't come out, so I released the barra as I don't like leaving them out of the water too long. Water temp at 28 C. Caught the big one trolling a 20+ barrabait and the littlies on a B52 in the weeds.

Cheers, Bobj.

Got sent this from some aussie friends.

from email

This is a fish Lincoln caught up near Bundaberg on Saturday.

Big Buggar 127cms long 37.6kilos dream come true, he can throw all the fishing gear out now

Hi all,

Been reading the threads and I am keen to join in, We have been here in Oz since Sept 2009, relative new to sea fishing, and we are trying different areas around where we live, we live in burpengary, QLD

My question/s are where can we go and get some good fish (well try), recently we have been to Scarborough near the marina, we have had a few Squire, Brim but these seem to have died off there, also had a 1m ray but had to let it go, no way was i bringing that up the rock face plus some catfish. We have tried Queens Beach in Redcliffe the other night and Adele caught a Grass Sweetlip, also we ave been to Bribie Island to the right when you go over the bridge had little there mainly small brim, plus a flathead.

So we are open to new places to try and baits we should possible use, we try prawn but seem to get loads of bites with Chicken.

Also if anyone is local to us would be good to meet up one day when you are out fishing or failing that meet up any way for a drink. Prior to 12pm coffee, after 12 beer.

Look forward to hearing from you all with thoughts etc.....

Plus in the new year I am looking to go out deep sea fishing, if anyone would be interested would be good to hear from you, plus if you know any decent charter boats i could price up.

Thanks

Steve

Archived