Property Market Confusion

connaust

Here are two stories out this weekend, both from the Melbourne Age and Sydney Morning Herald, i.e. Fairfax media group (who are the biggest newspaper real estate advertisers).

Institutions join pledge to assist struggling homebuyers Retail banks, building societies and credit unions have signed up to a set of "principles" that assist borrowers who are experiencing financial difficulties in these tough economic times.

Property market on the up and up MELBOURNE'S property market appears to be headed towards a strong recovery as conditions begin to mirror the heady days of the 2007 property boom. The auction clearance rate surged to 86 per cent this past week to hit its second highest level on record, according to the Real Estate Institute of Victoria.

Confusing.....

I can't speak for Melbourne but property around here is still selling well, more expensive homes (over $500k) seem to be taking much longer to sell than this time last year but there hasnt been much of a decline in overall prices at all. Lots of people i believe (talking to local agent) are cashing in on the first time buyers before it is dropped and stopped so maybe thats why lower priced homes are still selling well.

Cal x

Archived