** new to this site** applying for the OZ visa

Guest geo

Hello

I'm brand new to the site. :wideeyed:

my husband and I are now in the process to gather all the paper in order to apply for the OZ visa.

My husband is an Engeneer, south african with dual citizenship (SA and british passport). He will be the main applicant for the visa.

I'm italian with a brisith passport. We both live in London.

My husband said that to submit the application we will also need a certified copy of the our birth certificate.

I was born in Turin so that means I will have to go to Turin to get a certified copy of my birth certificate. :sad:

Other friends have applied also but they dont remember they had to provide the bith certificate?

Do we really need this document?

thanks Georgia

Guest siamsusie

Hi Georgia, I am in London as well and waiting for a visa. Just to wish you and your man success in your new venture and if you want someone to carry your suitcase to Turin I am your girl lol.

ss x

Hi and welcome. Have you or your partner read the booklet from the DIAC website relating to skills based visas? You of course have to prove your identity and age, as one would imagine for any visa/immigration matter. But I think a certified copy of your passport is sufficient-if you don't have a passport then you would have to lodge a certified copy of your birth certificate.

Look at the application form for the 175 and 176 skills based visas: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1276.pdf

And booklet 6 for skills based immigration: Australian General Skilled Migration Booklet

Sandra

Sandra

Not sure if the rules have changed this last couple of year but when we applied for a Skilled Independent visa you had to have certified copy's of your FULL birth certificate'. I had to order mine on-line as i only had the short version.

Hope this helps a little

Cal x

Archived