Cheap break in Bali/Singapore-how much?

Guest guest17301

Guest guest17301

Can anyone tell me what I should roughly expect to pay for a 5-7 day trip to Bali or Singapore with 2 adults and 2 children staying in budget accomadation please? I've tried to research it myself but prices seem so variable... Travelling towards the end of the year. Thanks:smile:

How longs a piece of Sting? I suppose it depends on what level of hotel you want - I just went aways for a weekend to Kuala Lumpur for my mum and got an incredible deal with AirAsia. The flights were $220 return each from Perth and the accomodation in a 4* resort was $300 for three nights. Bargain.

Bali can be really cheap - but as the old addage is - you get what you pay for.

T

Guest guest17301

Thanks to you both..when I look in the travel paper I do see what looks like bargains but when I go online it doesn't look quite so good. Still weighing up the cost of going for the 176...can't decide. Not bothered about how basic the accomodation is as long as it's safe and clean...

Have you thought about getting a cheap flight from Tiger Airways and booking your accomodation yourself? Might be cheaper. I have done that before and got the taxi from the airport. It can be cheaper but more work up front.

T

Fiona, I would recommend you go to Singapore and not Bali. We went to Bali earlier this year to activate our visa and hated it. It cost us about $2.5k for 5 days, the hotel was amazing. But, it was dead expensive. On venturing out into the town (Seminyak), we found it dirty, smelly, unsafe (crazy drivers, motorbikes, holes in the pavement), a bit shady, filthy beaches and a mecca for perverts. We ended up going way over our budget just so that we could stay in the hotel for food & drinks. We have no kids but I wouldn't be able to relax over there with a little un, no chance.

Sister-in-law went to Singapore to activate her visa and said it was fine. However, it is expensive there, more so than Bali.

I realise that millions of people go to Bali and love it but the above is my experience.

When we went to Bali last year, we arrived at the airport got a Taxi to Kuta, walked into two hotels and paid us$6 for a 5* hotel. Just bartered with them and they reduce their costs.

It was absolutley awesome! Might be a risk with children - but its all an adventure!

Jonathan

It's costing us $3,000 in the October school hols for the 4 of us - apartment and flights. Going down to Albany in January (taking the rellies), Nigel found the accommodation - a house in it's own forrest - knowing my hubby it'll end up being an overgrown back yard lol

If you are travelling with Singapore Airlines they have a special Singapore Stopover deal which is really good if you stay at least four days. The hotel rates are much lower than you could arrange yourself, there is a range of hotels from 2 up to 6 star, we'd go for 3 or 4 star. Most deals include a full breakfast, scoff on that and you'll only need a snack for lunch. All the deals, when you stay four days or more, include transfers from the airport to your hotel plus a free tourist bus that runs about every 30 mins visiting just about all the major tourist spots, you get free admission to a few of them and discount prices to many of them.

Just had a bit of a Google and found the following:

Singapore Stopover -- Singapore Airlines

seems like they have another special on at the moment, hotels for $1 per night but you'll have to read that yourself, I imagine that it would only be the first night.

The free admissions seem to be to:

Jurong BirdPark

Malay Heritage Centre

National Orchid Garden

Peranakan Museum

Sentosa Island Resort

Singapore River Bumboat Tour

The Singapore Zoo

Sentosa Island Resort would be good for children, you could spend a day there but take plenty of sunscreen.

Archived