Woods interviews

lynne1266

Hiya all,

My OH is a Panel Beater and has an interview with WOODS in Sept this year in Southampton (hopefully move on a 457 visa) :yes:

I was just wondering if anyone-else has interviews with them.

Lynne n Steve :biggrin:

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hearne_Family

Just to wish you all the best...Im sure your OH will do well, where in the UK does he work and for who?

Just to wish you all the best...Im sure your OH will do well, where in the UK does he work and for who?

Hiya,

We come from Farnham in Surrey, my OH is a mobile Panel Beater until 2wks ago he worked for SHINE which done all the repairs for Halfords but his brother has just started up a mobile repairers so he working for him now.

Hows it going 4 u out there has ur family settled in ??? I cant wait !!

Lynne

Guest Hearne_Family

Hey,

We are settled in well thanks for asking, I was working in Southampton for Seward Accident Repairs and my interview was also in Soton. If you want any help/advice about the interview just ask.

Terry

Hiya all,

My OH is a Panel Beater and has an interview with WOODS in Sept this year in Southampton (hopefully move on a 457 visa) :yes:

I was just wondering if anyone-else has interviews with them.

Lynne n Steve :biggrin:

Hi lynne,

just wondering how you find out about jobs with Woods ? oh is a spray painter and we would be interested in a sponsorship.

Thanks, Karen.

• 1 month later...
Guest GillianM

Hi all, i emailed ATC and they got back to us very quick with all the info, sounds pretty good. Just waiting to hear if OH gets an interview in Edinburgh in September. So fingers crossed!! Take it you wont find out till near the time which bodyshop you will be working in? Anyway will keep you updated the outcome xx

Gillian x

Hi all, i emailed ATC and they got back to us very quick with all the info, sounds pretty good. Just waiting to hear if OH gets an interview in Edinburgh in September. So fingers crossed!! Take it you wont find out till near the time which bodyshop you will be working in? Anyway will keep you updated the outcome xx

Gillian x

Hi Gillian,

good 2 hear !!!!! hope to meet u in Melbourne soon !!!!!

From the info i've been sent they tell u nearer the time which workshop u will b in.

Lynne xx

Guest sazzle76

Hi.

My OH has been offered a temp 5 week job with Woods. They seem very interested in getting staff. We have a PR visa.

We didnt really want VIC but OH hasnt got any other offers so it looks like we are heading for Melbourne.

When is Steves interview Lynne? We are flying out 18 Sept.

x

Hi.

My OH has been offered a temp 5 week job with Woods. They seem very interested in getting staff. We have a PR visa.

We didnt really want VIC but OH hasnt got any other offers so it looks like we are heading for Melbourne.

When is Steves interview Lynne? We are flying out 18 Sept.

x

Hi Sazzle76,

Steve's interview is 14th Sept so we hope to move by Feb/Mar nxt yr. We wanted to go to Goldcoast really but Melbourne was better on the job front.

How come he's only been offered a 5wk job?? did your OH have an interview in the UK ??

Lynne xx

Guest GillianM

Hi Sazzle76, 5 weeks aint a long time, what happens after that? have you not got a QLD SS, can you move to Melbourne? thought you would need ss Vic. We are going to apply for ss in Vic as we lodged our 175 last Dec. Hopefully get job with Woods then inform DIAC of a job offer, so we'll just see what happens.

Gillian x

Guest Guest18443

Martin has an interview with Woods too in September, but in Cambridge! He has now passed the TRA side of things and we're not sure whether to go ahead with the 175 visa or go for a 176 through Victoria.

Guest GillianM

Hi hoo, if youve passed your TRA and thinking that maybe your OH will get a job with Woods then maybe youd be better getting a ss in Vic (176). That would be the quicker route for you unless his trade is on the 175 CSL list. If he gets job offer then get in touch with DIAC with his job offer and that would help. Thats what were doing, changing our 175 to 176. Just away to start the process applying to Vic for ss.

Guest GillianM

Hi Lynne, im not really sure. If they need him soon then it'll be sooner. But i had in mind June/July. But i suppose he could go first. Just wait and see what happens in September. Im looking forward to my 40th on 4th June, then id go lol x

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi Lynne, im not really sure. If they need him soon then it'll be sooner. But i had in mind June/July. But i suppose he could go first. Just wait and see what happens in September. Im looking forward to my 40th on 4th June, then id go lol x

They will say the sooner the better but they will wait for the right people.

Guest sazzle76
Hi Sazzle76, 5 weeks aint a long time, what happens after that? have you not got a QLD SS, can you move to Melbourne? thought you would need ss Vic. We are going to apply for ss in Vic as we lodged our 175 last Dec. Hopefully get job with Woods then inform DIAC of a job offer, so we'll just see what happens.

Gillian x

Hi Gillian.

OH couldnt get any longer off work in the UK. Initially we wanted 3 months to get a better idea of living and working in Aus but we have to settle with 6 weeks. Better than nothing i guess.

Yeh we do have a QLD SS but by law we do not have to settle there as our visa is a permanent resident, it cannot be taken off us. The actual visa states we have a "moral" obligatation to settle and work in QLD.

As we are only trialing at this stage the trip to MEL isnt our final move as our house isnt up for sale yet.

x

Guest GillianM

Hi, i just thought when you get state sponsor, you have to live in that state for 2 years? i thought you would have to apply to Vic for ss there, or are you applying for 457?

Gillian x

Guest sazzle76
Hi, i just thought when you get state sponsor, you have to live in that state for 2 years? i thought you would have to apply to Vic for ss there, or are you applying for 457?

Gillian x

no not applying for 457.

we originally were applying for 175 but when all the processing priorities changed our agent advised we went along the QLD SS route, rather than get a work sponsor. i did have my doubts about it and being stuck in QLD for 2 years (as we want NSW just to confuse things more!) agent had checked with QLD secretary of state as our visa isnt temporary - we went through it very carefully before committing and the visa paperwork we have been granted doesnt say were we MUST live.

It is confusing but I understand it now we have all the written details of our visa.

PM me if you like.

x

Guest GillianM

Hi folks, OH getting an interview on 27th September in Edinburgh so hope all goes well. Just waiting now till September!! going to apply to Vic for SS. Dont know how long once 176 lodged it will take to be granted?

Gillian x

Hi folks, OH getting an interview on 27th September in Edinburgh so hope all goes well. Just waiting now till September!! going to apply to Vic for SS. Dont know how long once 176 lodged it will take to be granted?

Gillian x

Great news !!!!

Are you still going for a 176 or will you change if offered a 457 ??

Lynne xx

Guest GillianM

Hi Lynne. Not sure really. Would prefer getting our 176 then going over. Depends on how long 176 takes to get granted. Then its the selling of the house, who knows how long that might take.

Guest ashmalog

try the hearne family - if i can remember rightly terry works for them so he should be able to advise you well. lovely couple also

bonnie

Guest ashmalog
Hi Lynne. Not sure really. Would prefer getting our 176 then going over. Depends on how long 176 takes to get granted. Then its the selling of the house, who knows how long that might take.

it will take forever or what seems like forever. we got visas in dec and house went on market in aug 08. still no sale!

good luck

Archived