please help ss been refused

warren&liz

Hi all

Have just checked tracking and found we are refused :

Refused. Applicant does not demonstrate genuine interest in SA - minimal research on employment prospects and on South Australia.

Is there anything we can do now. We are with an agent but I really don't have much confidence in her. I am just in bits at the moment so forgive me if I don't make much sense.

Liz

I am not at that stage yet but my advice is RESEARCH! RESEARCH! RESEARCH! Go into everything: What jobs are available for you, where you want to live and how much the houses are etc, cost of living, why you want to move to SA, schools around and why you want you kids to go there etc etc etc.

Good luck (and change your agent)

JOHN

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Liz

I see from your earlier posts that Warren is a Motor Mechanic and you have applied for a subclass 175 visa.

Were you always intending to move to SA or did this come about only because of the switch to State Sponsorship? If SA always was your Plan A, why do you want to go there, please?

If SA is not your first choice, where did you have in mind originally and why, please?

If you like, I am trying to get you to tell it to me "from the heart" because the same thing happened to another member on here not long ago. She was devastated because they are absolutely intent on Adelaide, have been all along and it simply didn't come across well enough in the way they wrote the words for their application for State Sponsorship from SA.

Alan Collett of Go Matilda suggested that the lady should phone SA and plead her case with them. She did so and they changed their minds, granting the State Sponsorship after all.

However if your first choice is really Sydney, say, then it is difficult - if not impossible - to be convincing about a place you really don't want to go to. Nor is there any point in pushing you towards SA unless it is what you really want. You can get a visa for Australia relatively quickly and easily. If you get there and hate the place it is a heck of a mess to untangle.

Several States are offering 176 sponsorship for motor mechanics. Would you prefer, say, West Australia? The link to all of the State/Territory migration websites is here:

State & Territory Migration Sites - australia.gov.au

With regard to your agent, I am not surprised that you have lost confidence in her after this. Did she charge you anything extra for supposedly guiding you through the State application? If she did, has she offered to return that money? What does she say about this refusal given that she presumably vetted it before it was submitted?

If your agent MARA registered?

Migration Agents Registration Authority

Migration Agents Registration Authority

There is a complaints procedure if you need to use it and threatening to complain to the MARA wakes the dozy ones up in a hurry, I assure you.

Only you really know in your hearts what the truth is about this. What sort of research did you (a) do; and (b) describe in your application to SA?

If you believe that SA have reached the wrong conclusion despite a very definite desire to move there on your part, you could always try negotiating with them?

If you want to dispense with the services of your agent, you need to send Forms 956 and 1193 to the ASPC, where your 175 application is being processed:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/956.pdf

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1193.pdf

It is best to use both forms because 956 is poorly drafted. It envisages that another agent will be appointed so it provides for the Department to communicate with a new agent by e-mail but it doesn't really allow the applicant to authorise them to communicate with the applicant by e-mail. The second form clears this point up.

The forms should be completed, signed, scanned with a colour scanner and then e-mailed to:

adelaide.gsm.documents@immi.gov.au

Contact Us - Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Please sing out if you need any more help.

Best wishes

Gill

Liz

So sorry to hear that. I agree with John though, surely your Agent should have advised if you hadn't put enough evidence.

Sorry, don't know the procedure, but do you have the option to appeal against the decision, perhaps giving them a lot more info? Might be worth a try - you've nothing to lose by sending them an email with lots more evidence to show how strongly you do want to move there.

Good luck, Mandy x

Guest Off to the Sun

Hi guys, seems I'm in a bit of trouble then, I just sent off my Qld SS but I didn't include any research on the area we had put down (Gladstone), I just put it on the application form, it didn't ask for docs to prove we'd researched it. I also didn't include anything about work research - is there any way I can do or will I have to start the whole process again. I have done the research on blue cards and registration and the region but just didn't add it to the file I sent off. Can I send them when I get a case officer from Qld or is the whole thing invalid? Help me please someone :notworthy:

Hi Gill

Thanks for replying so quickly.

We have always wanted to go to SA, even on our 175 it says destination Adelaide. Everything about SA has outweighed other places. The weather, the housing, family values, schools, work, just everything called to us.

As far as our agent goes she simply said fill in form and get it sent online. There was no talking us through it, no advice on what was required as evidence. We more or less thought it was a formality as it was being changed. I have sent her an email to let her know but as it is now the weekend I am sure I will not hear until Monday.

Yes she is MARA registered.

NO she didn't charge.

Thanks for your help

Liz

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Liz

I am pleased to hear that your agent did not charge for your application to SA considering that she didn't do anything to help you with it either.

I must say I would be livid with her. They call themselves "professionals" and make much of this daft claim but then it turns out they want to cherry pick about which parts of the job to be "professional" about? I don't ruddy well think so, frankly.

In your shoes I would contact SA first thing their time on Monday, by phone, and plead with them. Explain that although you have an agent she gave you absolutely no guidance about how to do the State application (the State Governments are wearily familiar with this scenario.)

SA might well relent if you explain what has gone wrong and ask whether they would be kind enough to consider additional information from you. It is worth a go. They don't bite.

I'd give the agent a bawling out.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Liz, Sorry to hear your news! I would be livid with our agent, at the end of the day its what you pay them for. ( i wouldn't let it drop, just keep emailing or phoning till you get an answer!!

Our agent asked us to send it to her via email so she could check through it, Which we did, she sent it back to us advising to tweak it here and there which we did, Can't thank her enough, guess thats down to having a good agent, Am i right in thinking you can reapply with more research??

Wishing you luck hun, don't give up sending you a :hug: Dawn x

Thanks Dawn

Everyone is making me feel a bit better. Don't know about re applying yet but no doubt I am going to have to find out. I really wish I had known about this site before we initially started the process. Would have gone with one of the agents talked about on here. Aw well hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Have to go to work now so that will keep me occupied for a few hours.

Thanks again

Liz x

Hi

I had the same experience. Our first SA ss was turned down because they thought I did not do enough research for job prospect. At the time, I equally was dissappointed with my agent for not helping me to write the application.

You can reapply. There is no question about that. But I think the best bet immediately as others suggest is to call them and plead in orally.

For the second try, I basically put everything that I could think of about SA and job prospect, so my application was I think 5 pages long.

Now I happily say that we got our 475 visa last week.

regards

wijaya

Guest Mel.R

If i am correct you can read the SA application form online to study it before you submit it. Have a look at the questions on there and what they entail.

Mel

Guest zedster
Hi Liz

I am pleased to hear that your agent did not charge for your application to SA considering that she didn't do anything to help you with it either.

I must say I would be livid with her. They call themselves "professionals" and make much of this daft claim but then it turns out they want to cherry pick about which parts of the job to be "professional" about? I don't ruddy well think so, frankly.

In your shoes I would contact SA first thing their time on Monday, by phone, and plead with them. Explain that although you have an agent she gave you absolutely no guidance about how to do the State application (the State Governments are wearily familiar with this scenario.)

SA might well relent if you explain what has gone wrong and ask whether they would be kind enough to consider additional information from you. It is worth a go. They don't bite.

I'd give the agent a bawling out.

Best wishes

Gill

I agree with Gill

we had applied for SS to SA and were worried about the amount of research we'd included (their online form doesn't allow you to enter more than 1500 characters in the research boxes!). So we phoned them one morning very early our time and explained that we were concerned that we may not have provided enough (we had but just weren't sure) - the guy that my husband spoke to pulled up our application and went through it on the phone and said we had nothing to worry about that we'd provided enough. It's worth a shot to phone them and verbally plead your case and ask if you can email them additional research you have done.

Give it a shot, you never know. Good luck x

Guest Sammy Naghi

Hi Liz,

I just assisted another one of my clients who were granted SA Sponsorship last week. He is a Carpenter who wants to migrate to SA with his family. We lodged a Subclass 175 Visa application but we have now switched this application to a Subclass 176 to allow for streamlined processing.

Some handy tips when lodging SA Sponsorship:

You really need to do some major RESEARCH. Statistics always look good. Have you looked at average salaries in SA for motor mechanics? Have you made any calls to potential employers? Have you any professional contacts in SA? Have you spoken to a SA represenative in the UK?

Have you researched suburbs in SA where you think you might want to live? Have you researched Schools for your children?

Have you visited SA or have you got any trips planned? They want to see a genuine desire and commitment to want to live and work in SA.

It's always good to get someone to check your application over and comment and help you as much as possible. If not an Agent then a friend.

Most importantly, keep positive. You obviously have the genuine desire to want to live in SA it’s just a matter of getting on paper and then submitting to SA in the right format.

Best of luck

Sammy Naghi

Australian Solicitor L.S. No: 42619

Registered Migration Agent No: 0641061

Direct Tel: +44 (0) 20 7427 5975

Taylor Hampton Solicitors LLP

www.emigrate-to-australia.co.uk

Hi guys, seems I'm in a bit of trouble then, I just sent off my Qld SS but I didn't include any research on the area we had put down (Gladstone), I just put it on the application form, it didn't ask for docs to prove we'd researched it. I also didn't include anything about work research - is there any way I can do or will I have to start the whole process again. I have done the research on blue cards and registration and the region but just didn't add it to the file I sent off. Can I send them when I get a case officer from Qld or is the whole thing invalid? Help me please someone :notworthy:

Same here, We sent ours off beginning of April. We filled out the form but there was nothing asking for evidence of research. aaarrgg:arghh:

Sorry to hear this guys..But i would defo blame the agent!!

These guys are doing these applications for a living!!

How can you definitely blame the agent?

You haven't seen what was lodged and as such cannot possibly reach a well founded conclusion. I acknowledge the OP is disappointed. But is it not possible that there is in fact a good reason for the application being refused? I don't know - and neither can you without direct access to the application that was lodged and the reasons for refusal.

Candidly, it does this forum no credit for certain individuals to jump to conclusions. Please try to be balanced.

Best regards.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Sammy

One thing that really would help a lot of people to judge from the queries I see and receive is a steer about the SA Financial Capacity form.

Someone asked me about it recently. It is possible that we both fell into the same trap of reading too much into it.

However it asks about the equity in one's house and it asks separately about how much cash one has in the bank. By the time the person moves to Oz the average British migrant will have sold his house in the UK so the equity in it will have become cash in the bank. This in turn is what will keep him afloat financially when he first moves to SA.

I agree with the chap who asked me. There does not seem to be a way to get this point across to them unless one puts the information into a covering letter or something. There is nowhere to explain it in the form. I was unable to help him because I do not do this stuff for a living so I am not prepared to get involved with suggesting a solution to this question and anyway I find the form as baffling as the chap who e-mailed me found it. I ended up suggesting that he should phone SA, explain the situation to them and ask them how they want this form dealt with.

I found the form very confusing, I have to say.

Cheers

Gill

Archived