Missing someone

Hey i am looking for advice. I was in Oz on a 457 visa but left my job the other day as it was a total shams and now have another sponser just waiting for the visa to come through. I am now starting to feel really homesick dont know what to do. I met this girl the other day from the UK who lives just down the road where i used to be from - we spent a few days together. I really miss her and the feeling is mutrual. I am considering throwing in the towel and going back to the uk? Can anyone give me any advice - i am a recent graduate and just miss her so much.

I have previously been to Aus on a working holiday visa and lasted the year not feeling homesick once. Are my feelings normal and what advice could anyone offer.

Hey, follow your heart .....if your a recent graduate you can always apply independently if things don't work out for you x You never know ...it might be the love of your life and then you can both return together x

i am still in oz just waiting for the new visa - the girl who i am crazy about has returned to the uk. All my friends think i am crazy to even consider coming back - but it just feels so good when we chat ect. I love aus and thats why i came back - i never thought i would get myself into a situation with a fella pom - it really sucks! i an due to move to melbourne in 2 wks hoping my 457 comes through quickly

Guest itskaren
Hey i am looking for advice. I was in Oz on a 457 visa but left my job the other day as it was a total shams and now have another sponser just waiting for the visa to come through. I am now starting to feel really homesick dont know what to do. I met this girl the other day from the UK who lives just down the road where i used to be from - we spent a few days together. I really miss her and the feeling is mutrual. I am considering throwing in the towel and going back to the uk? Can anyone give me any advice - i am a recent graduate and just miss her so much.

I have previously been to Aus on a working holiday visa and lasted the year not feeling homesick once. Are my feelings normal and what advice could anyone offer.

Follow your heart! If it does not work out you can always go back to Australia!

When I qualified as a nurse years ago, I had a job offer as a nurse on the QE2. A fortnight before I was due to go, I found a wallet containing cards and money etc. Inside the wallet was a gorgous looking man. There was a number of a girls name in the wallet. I called th girl to say that I have found this wallet and can she please contact the person etc.

To cut a long story short, this man came to the ward where I was working at the time with a bunch of flowers and some wine to say 'thanks'. He invited me to a party he was having. From then on, I decided not to go for the job! (all my friends thought I was mad!!) We have been together since. 12 months down the line we got married and had a baby..........

The rest they say is history. 12 years later, 2 kids we are still madly in love:wink:

Go for it!!!!!!!!

Why don't you see how you go chatting to each other and see how your feelings develop .... have you spoke to her about maybe going to the UK and what her reaction would be. Would you be able to get a job easily in the UK, do you have somewhere to live if you returned (all practical stuff) -Sometimes, if it feels right you just have to go with the flow ... Oz will still be here if you decided to return.

Guest dazla

Hi

I'm on a 457 and am thinking of getting another job. I'm on a client assignment in Adelaide currently, but have to return to sydney in a few weeks, I want to stay in Adelaide. Do you mind telling me what trade your in, I'm in IT. Did you find it easy to get another sponsor?

Thanks

Daz

Well, being a firm believer in love at first sight, if you think she is the one then do not let her go. I met my DH when I came here on a holiday in 1970 and we had a long distance relationship for 3 years before we got married (no email or skype in those days just airmail letters and L1 a min phone calls) - coming up for 36 years now. I knew the moment I clapped eyes on him even though the circumstances were quite ludicrous. I'd have a chat and see where that leads you and then follow your heart. Good luck!

Hey thanks for all of your advice guys its been really helpful! I have spoken with her and she dosent want me to base my descion soley on her - but think i woul rather take the risk. I am also rather homesick too and think Oz is a lovely county but isnt going anywhere so I can always come back!! Once again thank you!!

Archived