For all those Oz to UK returnees.

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest JoanneHattersley

I have read a ton of threads it seems lately on people heading back to the UK for a variety of reasons

TO all of you heading back...........well done for being here and having your turn at Oz life.

I hope that your return life in UK is everything that you hope it will be.

Guest proud2beaussie

I agree with Jo,I also wish anybody who is about to return to the UK the very best of luck and I hope things work out better for you,remember Australia will always be here if you decide to do a ping pom.

Guest nikkichap

Been back at week and everything is going well. I know i have done the right thing. No regrets.

Good luck to all those about to move back.

Do you think you know pretty quickly if it's for you or not? We have known right from our first weeks that this is for us ... made an offer on a house after 2 weeks (and are very settled in it), we just knew ... We didn't have any great expectations of Aus other than it would just be different and we've gone with the flow. Reading people who have settled and those going back ... it does seem that those decisions are made pretty quickly that yes it's for us .. and no it's not...

Wonder what other people think?

Guest guest17301

I agree Ali, we felt very settled, very quickly..I'm not sure if that feeling will change..all I know is it felt immediately wonderful and still does today. I feel that if you have doubts very early on they will grow as the months go by. It's already getting harder to be without my loved ones but I still have no doubt we made a good choice in coming here

Do you think you know pretty quickly if it's for you or not? We have known right from our first weeks that this is for us ... made an offer on a house after 2 weeks (and are very settled in it), we just knew ... We didn't have any great expectations of Aus other than it would just be different and we've gone with the flow. Reading people who have settled and those going back ... it does seem that those decisions are made pretty quickly that yes it's for us .. and no it's not...

Wonder what other people think?

I think you are right Ali, you must just know whether or not you"belong" here and can make that judgement knowing that "this is it forever". I think it is perfectly possible to be happy here for a while and yet still not belong.

Guest JoanneHattersley

I knew immediatly that it was right for me too. I just think that our returnees sometimes get thought of as failures for going back. There are lots of people that would say they are mad to go back,

I want them to know that they have our respect!

Guest Swing low sweet chariot

It didn't take too long for us to realise that we'd made the BIGGEST mistake of our lives. It really eats away at me that we gave up a much better life in all aspects, and I mean ALL ASPECTS!!

Guest caza75

i agree with ali, i think that you know in the first few weeks ... we were over in jan for 6 weeks an almost straight away i felt that i belonged there, i do agree that missin family an friends would be a big issue but to be honest i have not got a big circle of mates so that would not bother me although i would miss my best mate but she would come visit me so i could live with that .. i felt my life would be better in oz an that is why i made the choice to go there but i dont think i would if i did have great lifestyle here an loads of mates an close family ties. i cant wait to get back over there an yes i will miss the people i leavin but thats life,

caza

Been back at week and everything is going well. I know i have done the right thing. No regrets.

I do miss the sainsbury at crawley and tesco at Horsham, And my mates in horsham, ow no seeing crawley mentioned has got me going. :cry:

I think its great for people to step out and give it a go, but it takes a strong person to go back and give it another crack. I wish you all well and hope you appreciate where you are now more than you did before. (that sounds wrong but was meant as an encouragement) at least there will be no ' i wishes ' in a few years time about Aus.:biggrin:

Guest Aldo
I think Aldo protesteth too much and misses Aus. Wishes he had stayed.

Never mind you can always come back. :yes:

you never know :wink:

Guest claireandmark
I agree Ali, we felt very settled, very quickly..I'm not sure if that feeling will change..all I know is it felt immediately wonderful and still does today. I feel that if you have doubts very early on they will grow as the months go by. It's already getting harder to be without my loved ones but I still have no doubt we made a good choice in coming here

Hi Fiona

Seems like only yesterday we were at the stoke/staffs meet! hows life in Perth??

As for us we ended up in Tassy! been here for two months know looking at buying a house and there is no way were going back!!

Claire & Mark

Guest Aldo
Agree agree Aldo........................I want to be where you are:sad:

My home in Granada

Best snow in years on the Sierra Nevada this year. beautiful place:wubclub:

Hi Nikkichap,

Congrats on the move - I am sure that everything will work out well for you... I am in a different situation in that I have lived here for 13 + years - really feel need to return to roots - I KNOW THAT I WILL MISS AUSTRALIA - but roots are all for me -I will miss Australia - but for all those looking to move here - it ain't that bad - I have only really mixed with Aussies or Kiwi's since I've lived here, personally of course that it's always good to mix with Brits too anyway... an honest opinion to anyone waiting for the move - and I WILL NOT BE NEGATIVE - I know my posts have mostly been negative but that's just my experience - and I apoligse to anyone I upset.......it does have opportuniites and I actually love the country which has become my home - just trting to get to grips with that fact that I am now planning to "home" and I'm getting homesick already for "oz" = whoops hope I'm not going to do the ping pomg thingy.... going to Cowra tomorrow with partner with his work - now that IS country Australia....-

Archived