Prospective Marriage Visa - applied today

Guest kel0x

Guest mrsmynoraxis
When does the case officer call you? Do they contact you by email or post or phone? Also, how do you pay? A few people have said different things. Did you send in your application or did you take it in person? Our little girl is 7 months and she's gorgeous, but a little night owl too!! Were hoping the visa comes through quicly so we can all travel together rather than me and the little girl then hubby to follow. We want to leave end of May. Thanks

i got a call off the case officer within about a week he also emailed me the same day to confirm the phonecall,this was to tell me to go for medicals and police check and also that we needed to get my sons citizenship. After all that was done it was processed. I sent my application in my special delivery to London and paid by credit card giving the details on the forms. I was sent the approval via email and had to send in my passports to get the visa put on again by special delivery. i had them back within a few days. Had to send one back though as they got the name wrong lol.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AusSaus

Hi girls and guys,

Spoke with our solicitor today and he said I'm on the right track with the quotes and stuff to prove that we intend to marry.

As for the payment, towards the back of the form 47SP it gives details of how to pay. I actually went in and paid in Sydney before I forwarded the bulk of the application to my partner as our solicitor said it would be easier to pay here than using an Aussie card to pay in London, I used 2 credit cards to do this. The options are all there.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know your timeline mrs myn, it's always nice to know how long it actually took someone. And he is v cute.

Did anyone know about proving your address in the UK? Solicitor advises just to get another current police check, but my partner has been travelling around visiting friends and family since he arrived and doesn't have any bills or bank accounts to prove where he's living, since he's basically dossing on peoples floors. He may have some bank statements going to his Mum's house, but that is about all. Hmmmm, frustrating. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Guest becandtarso

Lovely, thanks for that - answered all my questions, now I better start doing some work instead of trying to arrange my visa app!! Lol

Guest becandtarso

Were using bank statement, tax letters, payslips and a P45 to show that were living at the same address. The bank printed a letter out for us with our account balance and address.Good luck.

Guest AusSaus

Our only contact so far has been by email, approx a week after they would have received the receipt and that was to ask for further information (see earlier in thread).

As for the compilation of the application, I think you should follow the order on the checklist and use a large bulldog clip to hold it altogether (is that what you call them in the UK?) and post it notes to mark the divisions. This was our advice from our solicitor and I did find it somewhere once on the Immigration website but have just spent a fruitless 10 minutes trying to find it again. They don't want plastic sleeves, staples or anything like that. Although it is apparently ok to staple each form eg. 47, 40, 80.

Guest lou_lou

AusSaus thats just what Ive been trying to find too. Apparently fancy folders and lots of staples aren't appreciated. Clearly it wouldn't hold up your application if you did apply too many staples but I'm all about keeping them happy!! :smile:

Guest Nadjez

friends of mine uses plastic folder things one you can slide stuff in i think and the other is a plastic stick thing to put ur stuff through punch holed paper with thin the folder if that makes sense. what abaout putting sections of paper work in plastic slleves to devide?

Guest AusSaus

When I took the application to the solicitor for checking I had it in a plastic folder (for my own convenience mainly) and he made the comment about using a big clip and post it notes. Like Lou Lou, I didn't want to get anyone offside from the moment they opened the application so I followed his advice.

Guest AusSaus

Hi everyone, just thought I'd let you know that they sent back all of our personal stuff yesterday. We hadn't included any envelopes or specifically asked for this to happen. Must be included in the application fee.

Guest KeanoArmy

4 weeks seems fair if everything is straight forward and complete. I have just recieved my subclass 309 Provisional Spouse visa, been together 3 years, lived together just over a year.....

Applied via migration agent to Aus House London 24th Feb

Case number allocated 2nd March

Medical & blood test sent 23rd March (delayed due to lost blood sample!)

Confirmed Medical reciept 31st March (only confirmed after saying hadn't recieved at first)

Visa Granted via email confimation to agent 26th April

Now just sending in the passport for the bit of paper - bring on Perth

Guest becandtarso

Yes, well done guys - enjoy Perth! Do they give you a phone number there direct?

Guest tony byrne

hi everyone just started looking into the prospective marriage visa route. just wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of evidence i would need to prove our relationship is genuine. would really appreciatte any help. thanks tony

Guest AusSaus

Hi Tony,

You can send things like mobile phone records with calls highlighted, invitations with both names, cards to each other, copies of emails, evidence of shared financials such as contents insurance, bank accounts, photo's of the two of you at different times, plus of course stat decs from friends and more importantly, family. Our solicitor suggested no more than 4 of these and they should all mention you are getting married.

Good luck!

Guest AusSaus

Nothing to report. We sent some wedding quotes in last week with no response so far.

The boy will send off for the updated police clearance and get his health check this week.

Guest Nadjez

hi steve i don't think it's refusable, but they may ask you, your partner actually you i think to get an AOS. My sponser has just been made redundant and has no savings as such and i don't have much savings either, but do have a job to go to. and i think they might ask me to get an AOS too.

Guest stevieitfc

Thanks for the quick reply. Excuse my ignorance but I'm not sure what an AOS is! She has finished her uni course and when we go back to Australia she will go straight into a well paid job. I have had a job in England so have savings. I am also studying a course through the internet so I can get straight into work too.

I would have thought this sounds reasonable....

Guest Nadjez

it should be fine then, i dunno haven't put in my application yet. AOS is assurance of support someone wh owill be able to finance you

Archived