For all skilled applicants who have lodged medicals recently ...

Alan Collett

... I spoke with the ASPC earlier today, and they are aware there are delays finalising a fair few skilled applications where medicals have been attended.

I gather this is a resource issue at the Local Clearance Unit, and DIAC Central Office is aware of the need to commit more people to the processing of medical examinations.

Expect improvements to timelines and for visa grants to start coming through at an increased rate over the next week or three.

Best regards.

Thanks Alan for that bit of info, l know its only early days yet but our meds and police checks have been confirmed as arriving there over last couple of days so we know we are now down to chewing off our nails/fingers!?! With a bit of luck we wont actually reach our knuckles!?!?!?!

Lyn

Guest Redaussies

Thanks Al for the info on finalising details. You have just really made our day. Sounds like good news, Would love to buy you a beer in Geelong on our visit next month to thank you for all the advice you give and for the info you E-mailed my son Luke, ( re Accountant graduates in Australia) Many thanks:notworthy:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Alan

I've finally figured out how to make this thread sticky, since your info is important. Please let me know if you want it unstuck at any time.

Cheers

Gill

Archived