returning home

Guest alan r

Guest alan r

well here goes,i have followed this site for about 18 months ,i am a reader not a writer. i have found many helpfull things on it. we arrived in brisbane on june 13 last year .we came over on a 457 visa my wife works in the wesley. i myself am a carpenter and finding it very hard to find work. so after a lot off thinking i am returning home to sunny wales!!!! my wife is staying till sept 09. i am returning with my 2 little ones 4and6 . i have been offered job back home with work for at least 18 months. makeing this decision has been very hard but i cant turn the work down. i am very lucky to have mates who will find me a rental when i get home. going home means i have to start from scratch... no home no furniture nothing but family and friends!!! i know people back home will say it has been a waste off time but i am glad i have experianced this country at least i gave it a go .so anybody out there got any douts give it a go u can always go home .

Guest snow white

hi alan,

its a very hard decision you have had to make alan, im sorry to hear that things have not worked out for you i wish you and your family all the best for your life back in the uk

lesley x

well here goes,i have followed this site for about 18 months ,i am a reader not a writer. i have found many helpfull things on it. we arrived in brisbane on june 13 last year .we came over on a 457 visa my wife works in the wesley. i myself am a carpenter and finding it very hard to find work. so after a lot off thinking i am returning home to sunny wales!!!! my wife is staying till sept 09. i am returning with my 2 little ones 4and6 . i have been offered job back home with work for at least 18 months. makeing this decision has been very hard but i cant turn the work down. i am very lucky to have mates who will find me a rental when i get home. going home means i have to start from scratch... no home no furniture nothing but family and friends!!! i know people back home will say it has been a waste off time but i am glad i have experianced this country at least i gave it a go .so anybody out there got any douts give it a go u can always go home .

Good luck Alan to you and your'e family...

your'e wife is very brave staying....people won't say its a waste of time....as you had the guts to do it in the first place...most people just dream about it....we came home and realised that we had more than we thought....grass is not greener and all that....all the very best Shellx

Guest kazmatt

hi alan, good luck mate, we totally understand everything you have stated, must be hard having to leave your wife behind and leave with the little ones, we are returning to wales, where abouts are you in wales, we are headed north wales, good luck. matt.

Guest alan r

we come from carmarthen in west wales. lived there all my life exept the last year !!!. also thanks to everyone for ther replies. i know its going to be hard till the wife comes over but its better than her doing 60 hrs a week here trying to keep the family without me working.

Guest TheArmChairDetective

Good luck Alan, you have to go where the work is, keep coming back to PIO though.

Good Luck.

Guest Finted

Hi Alan, we returned from Brisbane to Llanelli a few months back and are settling back into the swing of things nicely... the sun has started to make an appearance - happy days! Good luck with your move back - we were in the same situ as you and I did the flight on my own with two young kiddies (3 and 18 months) so if you haven't booked your flight yet, I can't recommend Singapore Airlines enough. ATB

Guest roma 1

Hi ,

Just wanted to say Good Luck and hope it all works out for you.

18 months run of work as a chippy is very good as my oh is a chippy foreman and the big contracts are not starting for a while in ole East Anglia.

Have a safe flight back and keep us posted on how you get on please,

Gail, Mark and Francesca x:v_SPIN:

Good Luck ...I hope you feel settled and keep busy so the time apart from your wife flys in.

We came "home" 4 months ago and its the best thing we ever did. The UK is still a great place to live even with a recession and the sun is shining today it doesn't get any better really.:yes:

Guest guest22466

Hello Alan r it is good that you are all going back home as a family.

As im sure you know that if one of the parents does not want to go back home then the children have to remain in Australia unless both parents agree to all return together so its not as easy to say you can just go back home in some situations. This does not effect you but people need to be aware that sometimes its not as easy as just going back home when children are involved. I wish you all the best for you and your family on your return back home , seeing all your family and friends again will be great too so stay healthy and happy. Australia is a beautiful country but you also need a job to survive regardless of which country you live in. Take Care and all the best

Guest alan r

well no turning back just payed for tickets flying 19 may, not long to go .flying with malaysia .any good?? start new job on the 1st june running a site off 6 homes. thanks to everyone for there replies. just know its going to be hard to say goodbye to wife for 4 months maybe the seperation will bring us even closer!!! good luck to everyone who comes to aus hope it works for you

Guest snow white
well no turning back just payed for tickets flying 19 may, not long to go .flying with malaysia .any good?? start new job on the 1st june running a site off 6 homes. thanks to everyone for there replies. just know its going to be hard to say goodbye to wife for 4 months maybe the seperation will bring us even closer!!! good luck to everyone who comes to aus hope it works for you

hi alan,

good luck for your return home did your wife get accommodation sorted hope so

lesley x

Guest nikkichap

Hi Alan, I am also returning to the UK with my two young boys. I'm flying on 9th May. I'm leaving my OH behind and he will join us in October. It's going to be tough but we just got to hang in there. Good luck.

Guest snow white

best wishes sent to you to nikki at least you came you tried and you know whats best for you and family

lesley x

Guest alan r

the wife hasent sorted anything out yet but we have a few feelers out .the problem is we have a king charles cavalier. and a lot off people dont want them in there houses. we will find something, its only till end off sept.

Guest snow white
the wife hasent sorted anything out yet but we have a few feelers out .the problem is we have a king charles cavalier. and a lot off people dont want them in there houses. we will find something, its only till end off sept.

a few of my friends have said if your struggling they will look after the dog for you let me know if that helps

lesley x

Guest snow white

no probs alan thats what we are all here for to help each other let me know wish i had a spare room would help the wife out no problem unfortunately for me 6 kids and 4 bedrooms leave no space !!!

lesley x

I myself came over in Nov with my 2 kids on a permanent visa, but I am seriously considering returning home as I miss everyone in the u.k so much. I am a single parent and although I knew this would be a challenge I didn't anticipate how lonely one can be and how much you need that support network around you to stay happy and sane. I managed to find work straight away, but my job is less than satisfying and I feel I am doing things for the sake of it at present. Many friends know of my dillemas at the moment, and keep saying things will get better, but I really don't feel strong enough to continue (mentally/emotionally). I felt relieved to hear you say try it and see what happens. I feel that others may criticise my hasty return and not fully appreciate my personal circumstances, at least I can say I tried.

Guest alan r

hi woz u must have been brave to come out here in the first place as a single parent. we have found it hard as a couple !!! if u do go back hold your head up high,if some people say anything dont worry ,those r the people who more or likley have done nothing with there liv. at least u gave it a go nobody can take that away from you.good luck in what ever decision u make

Guest Mark and Sharon

hello Alan very interesting post hope it all works out for you,we`ve been here since jan this year and we`re thinking of going home because of work i havn`t worked since iv been here and i dont think the prospects look good and im on a career break from work in England so iv got ajob to go back to and we`ve still got the house back home.Our son is 13 and its a big year for him next year school wise he has to pick his gcse options.We think we`ve been unlucky in timing what with the world recession and there was nothing we could`ve done about that.Good luck for your future mate.

Archived