returning home

Guest alan r

hope it all goes well for you alan, we have been here coming up 2 years and ,(I), have made up my mind that we are just here for a working holiday and we will go back to the uk in the future, it may be in a year or two as we want to get citizenship,( something to aim for). we are going to uk in sept for a holiday and my wife wants to have a look first and see how we feel about the place, i do agree but i feel it in my heart that oz is not for us, its ok and some aspetcs of life are better for us, we both work and have done since we arrived , we have a nice home and a good social life.....but....but, we really miss our friends and family a lot and we were never really uk haters, ( well sometimes i was !), but i made up my mind that if we didnt get out here and we stayed in the uk that i would mentally block out all the negatives i felt for the uk, ( ie stop reading the tabloids!).it has made us realise what we had in the uk in the form of relationships with people, so we will go back eventually. we have both enjoyed it as a life experience and i have learnt a lot about myself, not all of it nice.

so best of luck alan, we will be going that way as well soon...thats if the aussie way of 'safe' working doesnt get me killed at work first, unsafe b##tards!!!!....but thats another story.

johnd

Guest tony49
well here goes,i have followed this site for about 18 months ,i am a reader not a writer. i have found many helpfull things on it. we arrived in brisbane on june 13 last year .we came over on a 457 visa my wife works in the wesley. i myself am a carpenter and finding it very hard to find work. so after a lot off thinking i am returning home to sunny wales!!!! my wife is staying till sept 09. i am returning with my 2 little ones 4and6 . i have been offered job back home with work for at least 18 months. makeing this decision has been very hard but i cant turn the work down. i am very lucky to have mates who will find me a rental when i get home. going home means i have to start from scratch... no home no furniture nothing but family and friends!!! i know people back home will say it has been a waste off time but i am glad i have experianced this country at least i gave it a go .so anybody out there got any douts give it a go u can always go home .

It's a huge decision to make, but at least you will have family support and your mates will still be there with a pint on the bar for you. Best of luck my son !

Thanks for sharing your experience and as everyone has stated you gave it your best shot and at the end of the day you have failed at nothing but gain a whole new life experience something not everyone gets the chance to. I wish you all the very best and a safe journey good luck

Donna

Guest TheArmChairDetective
It's a huge decision to make, but at least you will have family support and your mates will still be there with a pint on the bar for you. Best of luck my son !

Seconded.

Welcome to PIO Tony, how about posting a hello in the welcome section?

regards

Archived