175 application with 2 dependant children over 18

z&p

Hi

I'm new at this so please bear with me!

I am a nurse and am just starting the process of applying for a 175 visa for myself, husband and 2 children to emigrate to Oz. Both of the kids are over 18 and are at uni and 6th form at present.

My question is, does anybody know the documentation I will need to provide in support of them being my dependants.

I hope this makes sense and apologise for rambling!!

Help Please!!!!!!:smile:

Hi, You're lucky they are both in full time education. I think they are allowed to be earning £60 or less (equivalent to unemployment benefit in Oz, so we were told!). You will also need to fill in the form 47A , 1 each .& you will need proof that they are at college/ uni etc. You will also, if I remember rightly, need to right a statutory declaration, saying why & how ect they are dependant on you. Hope this helps for now. I think they might have to proove that they live at home still, copies of bank statements, drivers licence etc. Can't think of anything else at the moment!!! Best of luck. X

HI Cazz

That 's helpful thanks. They are definately dependant they cost me a fortune!! Where abouts in Perth are you heading, have you got jobs already? I have been offered a job at the Royal Perth, but my husband will have to find something. It's quite worrying when you read about all the doom and gloom and the lack of jobs.

Hi, Not to sure at the moment, we think maybe Quinns Rock or Yanchep area but until hubby at least finds a job nothings definate. He's an aircraft maintenance engineer, he was a plumber, was a welder and was also trained in computer aided design so he has a few trades to go at if no aircraft mainenance jobs come up! I know the feeling as far as the kids & expence goes. My eldest is 21, we couldn't put her on the visa because she works full time( on a pitance I may add!) She still depends on us, but unfortunatley they don't see it like that. She's my main worry, as I don't know how she will manage by herself, but luckily BANK of NAN & GRANDAD will be close by!!! She doesn't want to come anyway, but I'm hoping she changes her mind once sh's been over & seen what it's like! It is worrying when you think about jobs etc over there, but I just can't wait now & don't really care, I'd rather be a pauper over there than here I'm affraid. Good luck with your application & job. If I can be of any more help please don't hesitate to ask. X

Archived