175-176-475

pez2008

I know this is a big issue at moment but. A friends agent origionaly advised them to go on 175 perm visa and everything was fine visa lodged August 08, meds ok, pcs ok and Was just waiting for CO + then visa. But since new rules earlier in year agent suggested they change to 176 for quickness and a nominal fee. Now as i have just read on here that a 176 is a sponsored visa does this mean you have to stay in that state for 2 years, work for a year in a trade on 1 of the various lists and you can not claim first time home buyers bonus thingy or any child benefits, state benefits etc.

Now to my question lol, if that lot is true about 176 whats the difference between that and the 475 visa that i am going on?? Also any advice on whether to stay on 175 or change to 176 would be helpful as my mate is heading for a breakdown lol:arghh::arghh:

yes they would have to stay in the state for 2 years, and from what ive read they couldnt claim anything. But the claiming is only what ive read.

aspc seem to be getting a move on lately and should start on modl list in June. You say they applied in August which means they could possibly be front of queue.

Not only that we where not expecting csl to be looked at till earliest 20th March. But they have have started earlier than expected.

Personaly i would wait out the 175 as it has more benefits. But that is only my opinon.

Rachael

The 475 they will have to find a sponsor for themselves and stay with them for 2 years. 176 you can change employers if you dont like employer.

Also on 176 dont forget states only get a certain quota per year once they gone they have to wait till next budget year.

Rachael

I know this is a big issue at moment but. A friends agent origionaly advised them to go on 175 perm visa and everything was fine visa lodged August 08, meds ok, pcs ok and Was just waiting for CO + then visa. But since new rules earlier in year agent suggested they change to 176 for quickness and a nominal fee. Now as i have just read on here that a 176 is a sponsored visa does this mean you have to stay in that state for 2 years, work for a year in a trade on 1 of the various lists and you can not claim first time home buyers bonus thingy or any child benefits, state benefits etc.

Now to my question lol, if that lot is true about 176 whats the difference between that and the 475 visa that i am going on?? Also any advice on whether to stay on 175 or change to 176 would be helpful as my mate is heading for a breakdown lol:arghh::arghh:

Both a 176 and 475 visa are both sponsored by the state (although you can also be family sponsored for a 176). The main difference between them is one is a permanent visa and the other is a provisional visa leading to permanent.

The 176 visa is a permanent visa. You are still entitled to all benefits any PR visa holder would have including, applying for family tax benefit, and the First Time Home Owners grant.

The 475 visa is a regional provisional visa.. As you would not be a Permanent resident, you would not be eligible for the first time home buyers grant or for family tax benefit.

This visa is a three (3) year provisional visa for skilled workers who are unable to meet the criteria for a Skilled - Independent visa. You will have the opportunity to apply for permanent residency after you have lived for two (2) years and worked at least 12 months in a Specified Regional Area of Australia.

Both visas require that you stay in your nominated state for a period of 2 years.

Hope this helps

Karen

Both a 176 and 475 visa are both sponsored by the state (although you can also be family sponsored for a 176). The main difference between them is one is a permanent visa and the other is a provisional visa leading to permanent.

Hi there.

Just wanted to let you know that the 475 visa can also be family sponsored as well as state sponsored.

Cheers

The 475 they will have to find a sponsor for themselves and stay with them for 2 years. 176 you can change employers if you dont like employer.

Also on 176 dont forget states only get a certain quota per year once they gone they have to wait till next budget year.

Rachael

Just to clarify Rach we are on 475 and as Twinsmum said yes we do have to find own employer but we dont have to stay with 1 employer and it doesnt have to be in the trade i got my TRA for. As long as you stat employed for a year in a trade on the thingy list that is ok. So it seems the main difference is the perm/temp part, and on a 176 you CAN get benefits.

Archived