NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Sorry everyone second casualty. It was confirmed this morning that I am not getting registered as I do not satisfy criterion 7. However on the bright side it has now been passed to the board to see if I am eligible for the Bridging course. Eligible ??? They are hilarious! They did apologise for all the communication problems between us, so that's ok then all is forgiven. Yeah right! I will do the course as I am not going to let them ruin this move for the family but I won't be going down without a fight. Got the telegraph interview on Thursday, Nursing and Midwifery council called today for all correspondence to be forwards to them and the Labour leader for WA has been in contact through his staff for further info. They think this is the end of dealing with me but it's just the beginning.

Long time lurker so thought I'd post!

Finally after 7 months I have AHPRA registration eligibility! Sent docs off in November 2013 so hopefully they're coming through now.

Also I have a top up degree and didn't have much hassle as all AHPRA required was proof for criteria 2, 3 and 8.

Very frustrating process.

Good luck guys

Great news Dommo...glad to hear someone with top up degree has been given registration. Thanks for posting and good luck with the visa. Agree with geordiegirl...why not go for 189, you'll only need modified assessment which is half the price! Winner! :)

Sorry everyone second casualty. It was confirmed this morning that I am not getting registered as I do not satisfy criterion 7. However on the bright side it has now been passed to the board to see if I am eligible for the Bridging course. Eligible ??? They are hilarious! They did apologise for all the communication problems between us, so that's ok then all is forgiven. Yeah right! I will do the course as I am not going to let them ruin this move for the family but I won't be going down without a fight. Got the telegraph interview on Thursday, Nursing and Midwifery council called today for all correspondence to be forwards to them and the Labour leader for WA has been in contact through his staff for further info. They think this is the end of dealing with me but it's just the beginning.

Criterion 7!? I thought it was 4 they were refusing on? Sorry to hear that Welshboy but good on you for fighting it we are all behind you..and good luck.

I agree with Kelly, refused on criteria 7? That's new, that ones about proving you did a course that qualifies you as a nurse? they can't get you on that surely? Even more reason to keep fighting! Keep us posted.

Edited by geordiegirl68
mistake

My application apparently was up for assessment with "the board" on Monday of this week. I have just emailed my CO as Iv heard nothing (surprise surprise). Iv asked him how long it takes for 3 year DiplomaHE trained nurses to find out in writing that we no longer meet AQF7....

They think they don't have to give us a reasonable explanation. They are playing with our lives and don't care what we are going through.

I just got the quickest reply ever from my CO...he's out of the office til the 20th...what's another week or so when Iv been waiting since last December...

Hi, Im new to this site but wish Id joined before! I moved to Oz with my family on my PR visa at the end of Feb 14. Im still waiting for AHPRA registration. I posted it in Jan 14 then had to send more evidence by 19th May( which was difficult as I wasn't in UK and people are just too busy to help you with the documents you require. However ,after meeting the deadline and phoning AHPRA every 2 weeks , I still have no news. Im RGN, RSCN and Bsc Hons in Community Health Studies (District Nursing) with Nurse Prescribing.

We have used all our savings now and my husband is working 70 hrs a week to pay the bills. Its a disgraceful situation , just the not knowing if I'll get registered is torturous. Please anyone coming here to Nurse, get your AHPRA registration before leaving the UK, don't make my mistake.

I too received my AHPRA registration today...it's a bitter sweet post as it's such a relief after a 7 month painful wait, but on the other hand I am angry and upset for all of you on here.

Welshboy I wish you all the luck in the world, they should not and cannot justify their actions - and the angle of the story you are creating is the perfect one to go down. You've travelled here under false pretenses, the PR part is the larger part I would've thought, why would you ever think this would happen if they have granted you!! I'd even look at taking legal action.

Keep going guys, don't give up without a fight. Us UK nurses are tough cookies ;)...and better trained ones at that!

Congrats lilmiss125. What quals have you got? Are you degree only or diploma too? Maria, welcome to the frustrated nurses forum! Sorry to hear your story, its terrible and unfortunately becoming one we are hearing far too often. I hope things work out for you. X

Hi Maria, welcome, we have got a lot of support from each other on here, if only to know someone is listening! Where in Oz are you? Welshboy is looking for people in Perth in similar situation to his for newspaper article? And have you looked at twitter yet, AHPRA are on there too, many of us have posted there with our concerns, although nothing come of it yet, at least they know we're not going down without a fight.

Thank you for the welcome, its such a relief to know Im not on my own. Im in the Albury/Wodonga region on the Victoria and NSW border. I'll be following Welshboys posts and lets hope it gets results. I can't even afford flights back to Wales now so Im praying I'll get registered here. People don't believe me when I say I can't nurse here, after 28 years nursing Ive had a 6 month compulsory holiday! Next AHPRA will be telling me Ive been out of practice too long!

Hi,

just wanted to add my name to the many others off you who also diploma trained with top up degree waiting forever for registration. I applied beginning of April after 189 pr visa grant. Arrived in Perth end of may. Met my case officer today who advised I apply for a nursing assistant job as may well be in for a long wait with no certainty of registration. The more I read the more uncertain I feel.

Guest The Pom Queen

We have deleted the mention of a third party group from this thread. We have had a very suspicious member already try to get members full details and we cannot protect anyone especially if it's taken off the forum. Also it's poor etiquette to find members on the forum and take them elsewhere. You can create your own private group on here and choose which members join and what they can see. I suggest it may be a good idea to create one. http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/groups/

After following this thread for a while now, I'm starting to panic further...as it seems quite a few of you have post grad top up degrees and still getting refused and referred to bridging program. so am I right in thinking if I apply for ahpra with just a diplomaHE I will get flat out refused?? I only qualified a yr ago so haven't done any post grad stuff yet. I'm going to be here for at least a year yet waiting for anmac and visa submit, and then saving so I'm thinking of topping up my degree if I can..I may aswell. Am hoping it might give me more chance with ahpra. Do u guys think this is a good idea? Appreciate any advice..I too have been on twitter asking questions to ahpra it's such a nightmare!

Hi

I am new to this forum. I am worn our by ahpra and cry on a daily basis.

I am an Irish direct entry.midwife with a 4 year degree at Level 8, ahpra are questioning my degree in regards to criteria 5. My college have supplied documents outlining I have covered what they are asking for.

I have been in Australia since May, after.being told to present to Perth office and I would receive my registration after the 30th may, as that is when the board were meeting!!! To date I still have.nothing and continuous unanswered emails. I have a regional job offer and have missed 2 start dates

dates. I know there is only so much patience the hospital will have. I am also here with 2 young children.

I call and email the office daily and I have to deal with rude staff that do.not know what they are talking about and regularly give wrong information.

I feel everybody's pain on here and hope we all keep fighting!

I empathise with you. I too have 2 young children and have disrupted their lives , sold up lock stock and barrel in the Uk for what? After moving to Australia in Feb Ive used all our savings now waiting for AHPRA to decide if Im worthy of registration. If I get refused I intend taking legal action as my PR visa should not have been granted if I can't work here. We need to stick together for sure.