Perth Suburb Guide

racht

Hi there!

We have always been dead set on going to Melbourne, however have recently had a change of heart and now really fancy Perth! Nothing like being indecisive hey!

We aredoing to reccie in May to Perth and also validating visas at the same time. Wondered if anyone has a suburb guide for Perth giving school info, crime rates, average house prices etc? Any info would be gratefully received! :notworthy:

Rach

Thanks you you both for those links, very useful.The aussiemove one is ace - wisgh I had seen it a year ago!

Rach

Best thing follow your nose , be empirical and see for your self , if not just do as we did go for it and learn thro experience and your knowledge , One tip research the area you live now give you info on the info( does that make sense its midnight in peerth

Mally

Thanks Ali, yes it does make sense. You dont really know what you like about a place until you are there and you are bound to make comparisons. Info/stats on your local area isnt something you would usually know but is a very useful tool to use and I hadnt thought of it. Thanks a lot. Whereabouts in Perth are you, and, have you been there long? Sorry for all the questions...just trying to get as much info as possible prior to reccie.

Rach

Thanks Ali, yes it does make sense. You dont really know what you like about a place until you are there and you are bound to make comparisons. Info/stats on your local area isnt something you would usually know but is a very useful tool to use and I hadnt thought of it. Thanks a lot. Whereabouts in Perth are you, and, have you been there long? Sorry for all the questions...just trying to get as much info as possible prior to reccie.

Rach

Ali goes to bed at 9pm WA time , she is agood girl unlike me lol any info on NOr i can try to help

Mally

Yeah, I do go to bed early lol, especially if I'm working the next day. I live in Leeming, and older suburb just south of the river. Pretty in Pink lives here and Siblin doesn't live too far away. It won't be everyones cup of tea, particularly if you're dreaming of building a house as there's very little if any land to build on. Being older the houses are on quite big plots, so you can get a good sized house with garden. The schools in the area also have good reputations, and the surrounding areas are also good. We're 20 min drive into Fremantle, 15 mins to the beaches and 10 mins by train into the heart of the city, for us it meets our needs. I had a look on the link emmeroo provided and the information is probably accurate, you get a great mix of young and old, our street has a mix of babies to retired people, houses are in the $500,00+ range

Ali x

Just had a look at Leeming Ali. What a fab location. Central to everything. The only problem is Matt (OH) wants to be right on a golf course and I cant see one (is there one?) - I guess we would need to be further out from the City where there is more land.

Rach

Guest Working to fish
Hi there!

We have always been dead set on going to Melbourne, however have recently had a change of heart and now really fancy Perth! Nothing like being indecisive hey!

We aredoing to reccie in May to Perth and also validating visas at the same time. Wondered if anyone has a suburb guide for Perth giving school info, crime rates, average house prices etc? Any info would be gratefully received! :notworthy:

Rach

you could pm Earlswood he know all about perth ,no on the other hand ,dont pm earls .

eddie:smile:

Guest PommieLady

I lived in Roleystone, its a really lovely suburb. Our house was lovely and we had a beautiful garden, would have happily taken it with us.

The best way to test an area is to go into the shopping mall/area of the suburb it will tell you everything you need to know.

Good luck

Guest sexkit001
you could pm Earlswood he know all about perth ,no on the other hand ,dont pm earls .

eddie:smile:

ha ha ha xxx bless

Guest prettyinpink
Just had a look at Leeming Ali. What a fab location. Central to everything. The only problem is Matt (OH) wants to be right on a golf course and I cant see one (is there one?) - I guess we would need to be further out from the City where there is more land.

Rach

Hiya Rach, Leeming does have a golf course - Melville Glades Golf Course, here's a link for you Melville Glades Golf Club, you can see if it ticks any of Matt's boxes. Make sure you're not on there in the evening though, as the local kangaroos come out to munch on the grass. Janette.

Hi we live in The Vines... in Swan Valley... it is inland, about 30 mins to the beach and about 20 mins to the CBD. The Vines is made up of both the Ellenbrook and Vines courses (home this year to the Johnnie Walker Classic). Homes here back onto the golf course. Some of the older houses are built on 1 acre lots.

There are some new releases of land that are backing onto the golf course, land prices are around the $330k for the block and that block has an area of approx 800sqm.

Karen

We're a walk away from Melville Glades as Janette said - you've also got Glen Iris golf course in Jandakot (a short drive away) Gosnells Golf club isn't too far away (10 min drive) Hubby likes his golf and said that within a 10 - 15 min drive from here you'll be spoilt for choice

Ali

p.s. forgot to dd there's a driving range near by too.

Blimey - I really am going to a be golfing widow! Thanks for all your input. Really helpful. Will go onto real estate website and have a look around these areas. Think we will just have to make a list of all the areas we fancy and go aroiund them all in May. Cant wait!

Rach

Rach

hi google kalamunda wa , were heading here big golf course as well as schools hospital, and pools etc very simm to leeming style and community more in the hills though,xits not far from roleystone either.

Blimey - I really am going to a be golfing widow! Thanks for all your input. Really helpful. Will go onto real estate website and have a look around these areas. Think we will just have to make a list of all the areas we fancy and go aroiund them all in May. Cant wait!

Rach

Having a short list and driving around is best, you'll be able to get a feel for the place, as PL suggests going into the shops etc.

Archived