John Mason removals - Great !

Guest heieup

Just thought people might be interested. We recently used John Mason and their partners Wridgeways in Aus to move ourselves to Geelong near Melbourne.

They were all great, the packers 2 great guys who did an excellent job, and the unpackers at this end also good blokes who did a really good job without even so much as a slight scuff on any wall anywhere (and our house has a dogleg in the hall). They completed the entire delivery within 2 months of it setting off from our house in the UK which given that it was over xmas as well we thought was really good.

Overall can't fault them, the only item which was even slightly damaged was a storage jar which has a slight crack but it is pretty old, all our other stuff has arrived in exactly the condition that we sent it (which includes UK dust on some of the furniture !!!)

SO anyone looking for a removers, JM were really good and a decent price for us as well. Definitely worth a look. :jiggy:

Hi, i went on john masons website as we not planning to take everything just a few boxes of the kids stuff as we cant really afford to ship and i have to say for something like 5 or 6 boxes the website said it would be a couple of hundred, which we thought great.

But after ringing them yesterday and getting the full costing to get them from door to door all charges included apart from insurance they said it was just over £800. They where very polite and very help full on phone but would say be very careful going by what they quote on website make sure you ring and get a quote direct off them.

Rachael

Just thought people might be interested. We recently used John Mason and their partners Wridgeways in Aus to move ourselves to Geelong near Melbourne.

They were all great, the packers 2 great guys who did an excellent job, and the unpackers at this end also good blokes who did a really good job without even so much as a slight scuff on any wall anywhere (and our house has a dogleg in the hall). They completed the entire delivery within 2 months of it setting off from our house in the UK which given that it was over xmas as well we thought was really good.

Overall can't fault them, the only item which was even slightly damaged was a storage jar which has a slight crack but it is pretty old, all our other stuff has arrived in exactly the condition that we sent it (which includes UK dust on some of the furniture !!!)

SO anyone looking for a removers, JM were really good and a decent price for us as well. Definitely worth a look. :jiggy:

Nice to hear because ours is somewhere after being shipped by John Masons, not sure where but is at sea somewhere. Eventual destination is Adeaide

We used John Mason and have nothing but praise for them and Wridgeways. We got them to unpack things that had been taken apart in the UK e.g. our dining table and beds, we unpacked crockery etc., and we just rang them to collect the boxes.

Ali

You should be able top check its location on the MAERSK web site if you have the vessel name ..... (assuming its going via MAERSK, which ours did)

Guest michelle in Havant

Thanks for the post!

I emailed them last night and had a reply first thing this morning with lots of info and a lady to contact!

I phoned them this morning and they were really helpful, they are coming out in a fortnight to give us a quote! They were more helpful than anyone else I have spoken to!

michelle x

Guest jewels1356

phew thanks for that i booked em yesterday must say they do seem to ozz confidence and know what they are talking about

but still nice to hear some nice things whos buying the stubbies

julie

xxx

I remember the guy who came round being the most professional and that swayed my hubby. When asking what we were taking he actually went in our loft, whilst the others asked what was up there. One firm sent a quote that itemised 5 bikes - we had two lol

I would like to point out though that shipping isn't probably an exact science, whilst they tell you how long it's going to take, there can be delays, and our container got stuck in a backlog in Fremantle docks waiting to be checked. It's frustrating, but not really anyones fault, just the amount of port traffic.

Ali

im glad that you posted this as although we used a local firm we knew that they also used jonh mason ect. our stuff went on the 10 nov and the ship dozent dock untill 13 feb and then around 7 to 10 working days!! oh anyone got a loan of a fridge and tv? tess xx

We used John Mason too. They were indeed very professional, helpful and efficient. When I initially posted enquiries on websites and via phone they were the only ones who got back to me without me having to chase them. All quotes were fairly similar so that swung it for me.

E x

sounds great, we have not got that far yet but fingers crossed wont be too long. how much on average did they charge, if you dont mind me asking. We have a bog standard 3 bed semi and not taking everything with us hubby is not even taking his power tools, (think I'm going to have to have a lie down to get over that one), and no garden furniture, or sofa's.

thanks

lynne

If you have more than 3/4 of a container its probably worth taking a full container (for cost) and if you do then fill it up !!! we weren't going to take any sofas or whitegoods but when we had the quotes done we had around 850 cu ft and were going to need a full container anyway so adding in the extra bits was free (no additional charge to take the washer over leaving it anyway, and washers and fridge freezers are REALLY expensive here, there are no cheap ones at all)

I think ours was around 3800 with insurance as well door to door for a 20 foot container. Check that the quotes cover all the packing even if it is more than the initially thought as well, some will quote x amount packed into a 20 foot container and extra is extra cost. JM were packing of all goods to fit into a 20ft container.

We have quotes for a 40ft container,here goes,£4,500, £6,000,£6,200,£5,500 ,all good firms and recommended, but one was a local firm , all say need approx £500 if anything needs cleaning other end etc which one do you go with????? Paula,ian,all

Archived