Ants in the kitchen

jay290901

We seem to have a big problem with ants in the kitchen of our rental house. We don't leave food/crumbs on the worktops but every day we have lots of them running about. They are starting to get on my nerves now. Can anybody tell me if this is perfectly normal (or a problem with our rental). We are north of the river in Perth. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them would be great.

Guest proud2beaussie
We seem to have a big problem with ants in the kitchen of our rental house. We don't leave food/crumbs on the worktops but every day we have lots of them running about. They are starting to get on my nerves now. Can anybody tell me if this is perfectly normal (or a problem with our rental). We are north of the river in Perth. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them would be great.

Go the supermarket and get a bottle of AntRid (About $3.00?) and put down one drop where you see most of them,they will take it back to their nest and they will be gone in a day or two.

Guest sparkyinoz

try to find any holes and silicone them my misses hates ants ................. We have tried all the ant rid drops powder although there is an outdoor spray u can buy works well.......

Contact ur rental company and try to get them to professionally spray the house get a price before u ask them if they say no straight away suggest u pay half !!!! GOOD LUCK

Don't worry about them, you'll get used to them.

Spray the entry point and just wait for them to find a new one in a few days time. :biglaugh:

Guest sunseekers

Hi Guys

I dont think its any negative reflection on your rental - Anyone can get them ( me included once yuk ) The stuff you can get seems to work well for a few months then needs doing again ....So gross isnt it !

Guest Paul EDGE

Yep, go for ant rid like suggested, we use it and to up the anti we add a little bit of honey to attract them to the solution, it's great it's like the start of the London marathon when they get a whiff of the honey, we had a little army this week circling our kitchen and lounge and within 12 hours they'd all gone

Cheers Paul

Guest aussie_sheila

A cheap but very effective way of getting rid of ants is to follow their trail and dot the good old talcum powder around.

They absolutely hate it on their feet and they soon disappear.

Ants usually come inside when there is none of the wet stuff [rain] around.

A cheap but very effective way of getting rid of ants is to follow their trail and dot the good old talcum powder around.

They absolutely hate it on their feet and they soon disappear.

Ants usually come inside when there is none of the wet stuff [rain] around.

:biglaugh:Do you have to put their little pyjamas on afterwards?:biglaugh:

Guest spottymercedes

We had an ant problem in our rental house a few months ago and after trying several products on them which only worked for a dy or two, we called in a pest control man and they were gone for good. It was about $165 he found 2 nests. I would use him again too if they come back next year. They were a nightmare somehow got into the kitchen food cupboards and into the dog food box. It cost us a fortune in replacing the food and all the products we tried to get rid of them ourselves.

Archived