Guest James.S

Electricians In Australia

Hi all this is a bit complicated but basically moved to oz hubby did logbook etc took exam but failed on one section. Assessor was a nightmare never returned calls emails etc took months to just do exam let alone coursework. We was in qld aswell, eventually assessor told hubby that they don't really want brits coming over and getting the licence. Anyway was told could resist just that bit of exam not the whole lot. Tried for months to make this happen was really fed up of trying to sort out new exam date. Eventually for other reasons had to move back to uk but desperate to come back to oz. Does anyone know of a way can just do part of the exam he failed or will he have to do the whole thing again plus coursework/logbook etc. Without licence its hard to get work, also don't really want to return to qld would prefer to move to another state would the logbook etc transfer to another state or should he just go qld to do exam etc any help is appreciated I know it's complicated.

:arghh:

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Posted (edited)

I got a license!!! Electrical Mechanic or whatever that means!! 

Came over with my VETASSESS completed. All my HNC and NVQ certificates. My college logbooks from 2001.

Gap training through Skillstech - distance learning - in Brisbane. 5 modules to complete.

My logbook from working in NSW as an unlicensed electrician.

3 day Capstone exam.

Done!!

...................only took 6 years, 3 RTOs in 2 states, 2 jobs and almost $6000!!

Edited by markstott1980

Mark (32),Jodie (26),Evvoia (7),Jake (4) Did 8 months in Glenmore Park, back in the UK now but returning to Sydney permanently this year.

Hello guys!

Please someone could help me to understand the process to get an unrestricted license in Australia? Step by step, please. First - Submit documentary evidence to Future Skill International, Second - if outcome is positive for documentary evidence, next step is practical assessment, Third - if practical is positive take OSTR, if negative take a gap course. Fourth - after your OSTR positive I need to work 12 months under supersion, then I  get the unrestricted license.  :arghh:

Posted (edited)
    1 hour ago, msfuk said:

Hello guys!

Please someone could help me to understand the process to get an unrestricted license in Australia? Step by step, please. First - Submit documentary evidence to Future Skill International, Second - if outcome is positive for documentary evidence, next step is practical assessment, Third - if practical is positive take OSTR, if negative take a gap course. Fourth - after your OSTR positive I need to work 12 months under supersion, then I  get the unrestricted license.  :arghh:

Its a lot of years since my OH done his licence but  I think now Future Skills do the skills assessment that you need for your visa, you should also get your OSTR which will get your a restricted licence.When you are here you then have to apply to the licencing board in whatever state you are in, this is when you need to do gap courses and supervised work to gain your A Grade licence. 

Edited by AJ

Hi does anyone know if someone does a refresher course for the electrical vetassess test in sydney?

I got all my documentation approved but need and just need to book in my test.

It's been so long since i done any theory, that i feel i would maybe need a couple of days revision with a teacher.

Hi forum members..

Anybody here from electronic trade worker category who can share his experience of technical interview.....
    Thanks in advance......

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using PomsinOz mobile app

Thanks @Eltonb for that great post regarding licensing.

I'm currently a maintenance spark in a UK car plant. I've done some installation work, but my trade/skills is fault finding and repairs on industrial equipment. I've done a HNC, NVQ3, 4 year apprenticeship (been out of my time for 7 years) and I work with PLCs and robots etc. Would this be considered General Electrician or Special Class? Do you know if there is much call for this kind of work in Aus? Is the licensing situation similar for the two trades? Sorry to bombard you with questions, but I keep finding conflicting answers online.

I don't think i'd make it as an installation sparky, I'm not used to working for a living xD

Thanks,

Henry