Guest James.S

Guest naths28

I need some help/advice,

im in Australia on a 457 defacto visa and havent long left on this visa..(6 WEEKS)

Ive found a visa agent who was willing to help me to get an ENS visa,as my employer said he was willing to sponsor me.

Im a 31 year old fully qualified UK electrician who passed my city and guilds exams in 2006,the problem is ive been working in australia for the last 20 months as an electrical trade assistant..

The visa agent (after a part payment from me) is now saying i havent got enough years qualified to qualify for an ENS visa???

IS THIS CORRECT?

ALSO IS THERE A WAY AROUND IT?

Does anyone have any suggestions of a different visa i could maybe qualify for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,as like i said ive only got 6 weeks left to sort something out.

many thanks,

Nathan

Guest James.S
I need some help/advice,

im in Australia on a 457 defacto visa and havent long left on this visa..(6 WEEKS)

Ive found a visa agent who was willing to help me to get an ENS visa,as my employer said he was willing to sponsor me.

Im a 31 year old fully qualified UK electrician who passed my city and guilds exams in 2006,the problem is ive been working in australia for the last 20 months as an electrical trade assistant..

The visa agent (after a part payment from me) is now saying i havent got enough years qualified to qualify for an ENS visa???

IS THIS CORRECT?

ALSO IS THERE A WAY AROUND IT?

Does anyone have any suggestions of a different visa i could maybe qualify for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,as like i said ive only got 6 weeks left to sort something out.

many thanks,

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

If I were you... (and I have been / am in a very similar position) I would look at the student visa option.. Look at signing up as an international student for a course, probably something electrically orientated (as it may help you later with the ENS or 175 or 176..)... they issued mine in less than a week, you can do the paperwork for the DIAC yourself too....!

There are restrictions with the visa, like you should only technically work 20 hours a week but it will buy you time to look as way's around the ENS issue, it could well be that you change the wording or the classification of the sponsorship as there may be different qualifying criteria and experience requirements...

Hope that helps,

All the best,

:jimlad:

Guest James.S
Thanks for that james,il look into it asap

No probs..

Maybe sign up to TAFE and do the electrician’s course to get your full license. It's technically a four year course so you should get a whacking great big visa.. They will also knock you off a whole load of modules in recognition of prior learning and experience and you can do it in Sydney... also, part of the course is a 12 month site experience / apprenticeship thing that you could either sign of as already done or buy you a year on a student visa without having to do a great deal..!

Could be good... and at the end of it a full unrestricted trade license...

James...

:jimlad:

Guest CKIRL

Hello

The quickest and easiest way to get a licence is thru' South Australia. Contact Peer Veet pay them $500 and they send you out a work book, you fill it up (500 questions based on the AS3000 wiring rules) You fly to SA if you don't live there for two days. day 1 is revision and you start the open book exam on the AS3000 finish it off the next day. You are guaranteed to pass it.

That afternoon go to the Office of Consumer Affairs with your cert from Peer and ARTC. I only had a Craft Cert from NSW and 4-6 weeks later they send you out the SA licence.

Then depending on what State you live in you transfer it over. Anyone who requires a licence thats the best way to do it.

Guest naths28

Hi, have any of you been through the VTT to get your electrical trade recognised in Oz?

my visa agent told me about doing it this way this morning..the form looks the same as the ARTC form but they process them every Wednesday .

This would be the same as the ARTC wouldn't it??

Also what's the best way to get licenced quickly as possible? My agent needs to know this to put me forward for a bridging visa until I get licenced.

Can any of you possible send me some links that I can forward to my agen please?

Cheers,

Nathan

Guest CKIRL

He goes over a few questions from the workbook that they send

you out mainly Max demand, voltage drop calc and he gives

you a wiring diagram of a domestic switchboard with metering

nothing fancy

Guest CKIRL

I went thru the VTT a few years ago took about 4 weeks.

Best way to get a licence is thru Peer in Adelaide. Phone 08 8348 1200

ask to speak with Ricci Catalano. It will cost $500.00 they send you out a

workbook, fill it up and go there and do an open book exam.

I will loan you my book so you can copy the answers.

To get the licence you need ARTC, I didn't have it but I had

a craft cert from the VTT and they accepted it.

Then when you get the licence you transfer for a NSW one.

I have looked into getting a lic in NSW and it appears to be the

hardest, hence SA.

Hepl required!!!

I came over on a spouse visa, so I have no knowledge of the different skilled visa options, and where/how to obtain them.

I have worked in Comms for many years back in the UK, but would like to get my city and guilds recognised over here, ie get a license - any idea who I could contact to point me in the right direction?

I live on the Sunshine Coast and have been working at Primus (no longer now) since I got here which is about 4 years now.

I have C&G 236 pts 1 and 2 and C&G electronics 224 Pts 1 & 2.

I have no issues with doing TAFE course or online stuff, but I just don't know where to start. Trying to get info out of the TRA is like getting blood from a stone - yet they keep telling you how much they need skilled workers ??

Any info would be much appreciated........thanks.

Guest CKIRL

Get an ARTC Cert, contact Peer in Adelaide, do the workbook and go to Adelaide

do the exam (open book on AS3000 wiring rules) that afternoon you go to the OCBSA and you fill up a form and 4-6 weeks later they send you out a SA licence. Then depending on where you live you transfer the SA licence for whatever State you live in.

Trust me forget TAFE a waste of money and time and they will go over all the stuff you did for your C&G anyway.

Guest vimal rajaram

Hi,

Can anyone help me

I am an maintenance electrician looking for some advice on how to set out the section on 'description of your work'. I've been an electrician for nearly 22 years and worked across domestic,commercial and industrial. Putting all that down on paper would be bordering on a war and peace type epic (no I haven't wired the world just most of it). Anyone with ideas on how best to trim it down and just give the main relevant and required bits would be gratefully appreciated.

and now iam working as a service technician for welder repair shop

Guest vimal rajaram

I am an electrician looking for some advice on how to set out the section on 'description of your work'. I've been an electrician for nearly 22 years and worked across domestic,commercial and industrial. Putting all that down on paper would be bordering on a war and peace type epic (no I haven't wired the world just most of it). Anyone with ideas on how best to trim it down and just give the main relevant and required bits would be gratefully appreciated.

Try a web search for Sai Global and hunt around for AS/NZS standards ( you can purchase many Australian standards for download at this site and print off 1 copy for your own use and still retain the pdf for use on your computer)

Examples include --- HB 300-2001 Guide to using the wiring rules or AS/NZS 3018-2001 Electrical domestic installations.

Guest NeilanGemz

Has any one got a link to the website for obtaining the ATRC??? I've googled it and it brings up some rail company in OZ??

I've got my vetassess practical in 10 days so want to look at my next step straight after.

Neil

Guest NeilanGemz

Hi n11kkx,

Thanks for that info, that is exactly what I was looking for.

After reading that, I dont see why everyone that have gone the vetassess route are so worried about obtaining the A class license.

It seems to me that all you have to do is use vetassess for the purpose of getting your visa and, once granted you then apply to TRA for the ATRC, OK its an extra $300 (presuming you are JIB approved and have completed a formal apprenticeship, maybe more if not) but what is £200 when getting to Oz is already costing thousands??

Get the ATRC (from an Oz correspondance address - i'm sure somebody on here would be kind enough to let you use their addy if you dont have friends or relatives there) and then go to Oz and do the required exams (which can take 1 wk to 12 months, from what I read on here depending on your location/route) and apply for your a class license.

No it isn't easy but if it was you would have every tom, dick and harry who have worked as an electrical trainee/mate/improver doing it and swamping the industry with under experienced and under qualified workers.

If they go to these lengths to ensure that the electricians in Oz are competent to do the work I can't wait to see the standard of work out there.

p.s if I'm wrong about any of this please let me know as I am no expert just giving my view of the whole thing

Neil