ACS Submitted

Guest eddie069

Guest eddie069

Hi I am new to this site so please bear with me we have just submitted our ACS (not sure what happens next) we are looking at moving to Canberra that's me 37 the wife 36 and my two beautiful girls 8 and 6. Any advice would be very very much appreciated of where is the best place to rent and for schools I have had a look around the internet but I find there’s nothing better that advice from people who are there of have been there. Also any advice on the job situation there I have been in IT for the last 18years but would like to try my hand at something different again any advice would be very much appreciated thanks and I hope you all have a very merry Christmas

:emoticon-signxmas::skepticalxmas:

Hi I am new to this site so please bear with me we have just submitted our ACS (not sure what happens next) we are looking at moving to Canberra that's me 37 the wife 36 and my two beautiful girls 8 and 6. Any advice would be very very much appreciated of where is the best place to rent and for schools I have had a look around the internet but I find there’s nothing better that advice from people who are there of have been there. Also any advice on the job situation there I have been in IT for the last 18years but would like to try my hand at something different again any advice would be very much appreciated thanks and I hope you all have a very merry Christmas

Best place to look for Canberra rentals is Real Estate & Homes for Sale, Rent and Share | allhomes

Probably avoid places like Charnwood, Narrabundah and Richardson for sure and keep your eyes open for the neighbourhood when you do go looking - there are very nice bits and places to avoid like the plague in virtually all suburbs.

Schools probably tend to reflect the socio economic make up of the suburb so if you dont want to live in a place you probably dont want to put your kids in the local school either. Where you live really should depend on where you will be working - not much point in living in Amaroo and working in Tuggeranong for example - not unless you are a masochist:twitcy:

You could do much worse than Canberra - it has the benefits of big city along with the positives of being a big country town. Even though we dont have a beach (only takes 90 minutes to get to some of the most glorious beaches on the S coast anyway) we are also only 2 hours away from the snow and town centres are built on a series of lakes so you do get the feel of the water. Lots of nice facilities, plenty of opportunities for the kids etc. You will be fine.

Hi Eddie

We too have just recently submitted our ACS RPL and join the rest in a long wait for the results, probably.

I have a friend who moved to Canberra in April and is absolutely loving it there, it doesnt have the hustle and bustle of many of the other big cities and she tells me that you are never really caught up in traffic jams to get to the CBD.

Curious as to which area of IT you are in. My OH has been in IT for over 20 yrs now and is in Systems Design/Architect. We are hoping to obtain MODL points giving us the option of chosing where we want to live in oz, but if we dont get them, then we too will be off to Canberra as at present ACT is the only state that his job is on their list.

Good luck with your application, and I will keep an eye on your posts.

Debbie

xxx

Archived