Aldo's UK Obos

Guest Aldo

Been back in the UK for a few weeks now and here are my observations so far;

• Dirty; People here don't seem to understand that buildings need maintaining. I have seen so many newish buildings in a terrible state and filthy dirty.. Bluewater for example looks great on the surface but on the run up to xmas toilets where out of service and the exterior was grimy with chewing gum all over the pavements, plastic bags tangled in bushes and dumped trollies everywhere. buses and cars are dirty and houses and shop fronts are (in general) tatty.
  • People: Salt of the earth! Considering the sh!t the folk are going through here at the moment, people are friendly, talkative and cheerful. I also think the ladies here are better looking.. Its a shame they have to open there mouths though as the estuary English spoken on the London / Kent borders is particularly course.
  • Social Life; I've had more social interaction in the last week than i did in a year and a half in oz! Popping out for a couple of beers can turn into a spur of the moment party as people turn up in the pub one after the other who havn't seen you for years, i would have to wait for a xmas "do" or melbourne cup for the equivalent in oz!.
  • Shopping; not really a subject that gets me exited but, yes, wider isles, more choice and the ready meals that people seem to want to escape from are IMO of good quality and on the whole quite healthy. Oz may beat the poms by a narrow margin on the beef front but gets silver on everything else including fruit and veg. Being able to buy booze in super markets is so much easier, so much choice and so much more civilised than a drive through bottle shop.

Any questions ?

:winkxmas:How are ya?

stressed... don't like living in other peoples houses much. i wanted to go out to spain but the misses wants to stay for xmas. i cant see the point of 3+ weeks of stress for the sake of a few hours sat eating stodge and pulling crackers....

Just paid 11k for a car just to have it repossessed as a humdinger!!! (ringer) don't want to talk about it!!

People: I also think the ladies here are better looking.. Its a shame they have to open there mouths though as the estuary English spoken on the London / Kent borders is particularly course.

Cough... cough - I apologise Aldo, that was probably me you bumped into in Bluewater with my dulsit tones. lol Sorry love its the way me muvver bawt me up!!!!

Glad to hear you experiences of the UK are mostly positive.

stressed... don't like living in other peoples houses much. i wanted to go out to spain but the misses wants to stay for xmas. i cant see the point of 3+ weeks of stress for the sake of a few hours sat eating stodge and pulling crackers....

Just paid 11k for a car just to have it repossessed as a humdinger!!! (ringer) don't want to talk about it!!

OMG - have you lost the car then? What a welcome back to blighty. I reckon deep down you'll be back - Your a ping pom pom - the grass is always......

OMG - have you lost the car then? What a welcome back to blighty. I reckon deep down you'll be back - Your a ping pom pom - the grass is always......

i've been nicked for handling stolen goods and bailed till feb, brief reckons if insurance has been paid on car i may be able to have a deal with insurance company not gaurenteed though.:madxmas:

i've been nicked for handling stolen goods and bailed till feb, brief reckons if insurance has been paid on car i may be able to have a deal with insurance company not gaurenteed though.:madxmas:

Are you serious ?(i never know with you)lol, if you are on bail you cant leave the country can you ? i would pmsl if your punsihment was being extridited to Oz ,lol

Cal x

Guest Working to fish

Aldo your buggerd then ,stuck in the uk.

eddie

Are you serious ?(i never know with you)lol, if you are on bail you cant leave the country can you ? i would pmsl if your punsihment was being extridited to Oz ,lol

Cal x

Only conditions are that i report to Bexleyheath nick in feb, so i think i can get out ok.

-2degrees here this morning, just got back from caffe and the looks on the builders faces i reckon the pubs will be full this lunch time..

Guest TheArmChairDetective

Your either spouting B.S. here or your brief wants sacking pronto.

Are you saying you bought a car in all innocence and as an innocent purchaser you've been nicked for Handling? I would be making a complaint to the police right now if they took the car off you and demanding its return as it's rightful owner.

You want to go read up your statutory defence then in Sections 1 to 7 of the Theft Act 1968 especially the part about being an innocent purchaser !

Of course, it's down to a court to decide the ownership of the vehicle. The police should have told you that as an innocent purchaser you commit the offence of handling stolen goods if you SOLD the car.

Handling stolen goods involves KNOWING or BELIEVING goods to be stolen before you take possession.-Section 22 of the Theft Act 1968 provides:

A person handles stolen goods if (otherwise than in the course of the stealing) knowing or believing them to be stolen goods he dishonestly receives the goods, or dishonestly undertakes or assists in their retention, removal, disposal or realisation by or for the benefit of another person, or if he arranges to do so.

A person guilty of handling stolen goods shall on conviction on indictment be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding fourteen years."

Don't forget of course that the punishment for handling is greater than for stealing.

This wasn't a car you bought down the pub off a geezer whose name you don't know is it?

Guest Working to fish
Your either spouting B.S. here or your brief wants sacking pronto.

Are you saying you bought a car in all innocence and as an innocent purchaser you've been nicked for Handling? I would be making a complaint to the police right now if they took the car off you and demanding its return as it's rightful owner.

You want to go read up your statutory defence then in Sections 1 to 7 of the Theft Act 1968 especially the part about being an innocent purchaser !

Of course, it's down to a court to decide the ownership of the vehicle. The police should have told you that as an innocent purchaser you commit the offence of handling stolen goods if you SOLD the car.

Handling stolen goods involves KNOWING or BELIEVING goods to be stolen before you take possession.-Section 22 of the Theft Act 1968 provides:

A person handles stolen goods if (otherwise than in the course of the stealing) knowing or believing them to be stolen goods he dishonestly receives the goods, or dishonestly undertakes or assists in their retention, removal, disposal or realisation by or for the benefit of another person, or if he arranges to do so.

A person guilty of handling stolen goods shall on conviction on indictment be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding fourteen years."

Don't forget of course that the punishment for handling is greater than for stealing.

This wasn't a car you bought down the pub off a geezer whose name you don't know is it?

didnt earls say he meet aldo for a beer ,was that in oz or uk ,and did earls sell aldo a car ? mm 2+2=5 .

some thing dont add up

lmao

sorry aldo only jokeing ,if you ave lost afew grand you must be well pis#ed off.

eddie

i hope your right on that mate for your sake,but the same thing happened with my mate and he got nothing, maybe your insurance company is more sympathetic,sorry to hear about that though,great welcome home ,not. no real questions re your post,glad your enjoying uk again,but will be interesting if your feeling the same if your still here 6months down the line?or are you moving to spain?

apparently there is a fund set up by insurance companies to refund people in my situation, not sure of the facts on this but if anyone knows more let me know please. I now know that the VIN number was cloned

apparently there is a fund set up by insurance companies to refund people in my situation, not sure of the facts on this but if anyone knows more let me know please. I now know that the VIN number was cloned

i know that the insurers have(or did have) a body called the Motor Insurance Bureau was it? this as far as i know was to compensate people hit by uninsured drivers , maybe its for cases like yours as well?

• 1 month later...

BUMP

I was just trying to finish the sun crossword, for the first time apparently. and the clue was

"Charged in February" with four letters as the answer.

Then I remembered that Aldo said he was on police bail till February cos he's a fence(allegedly).

Aldo. are you the answer to the clue?

The law states that "Knowing or Believing goods to be stolen a person dishonestly....."

So if you don't fit into that category you should have told yer solicitor to lay a writ on the Met and you should be making an official complaint against the police as you have legal title to said goods if you don't fit Knowing, believing or dishonest. !!

Archived