Our garden visitor

Quoll

Guest JoanneHattersley

That is a blue tongued skink! We had one in our garden not long ago. We couldnt see the little blighters legs and thought that it was a snake initially!! LOL!

We had some pics too! Thats what I like about Australia tho, everything you see in a zoo is readily available in our own backyard!

That is a blue tongued skink! We had one in our garden not long ago. We couldnt see the little blighters legs and thought that it was a snake initially!! LOL!

We had some pics too! Thats what I like about Australia tho, everything you see in a zoo is readily available in our own backyard!

[ATTACH]871[/ATTACH]

Would not want this fellow in back yard

Mally

They are very scarey.. i saw this dude up in Broome..

Blue tongues are very good in the garden because they eat the snakes apparently.

Blue Tongues eat snails, so they are good for the garden, we had 4 around until a neighbour got a cat, now we only see one ?

They also like chicken & beef mince & might steal dog biscuits if they are left out at night, we found a pile of them in our pool shed where the Blue Tongues used to go in the daytime.

101_0018.jpg

Blue Tongues eat snails, so they are good for the garden, we had 4 around until a neighbour got a cat, now we only see one ?

They also like chicken & beef mince & might steal dog biscuits if they are left out at night, we found a pile of them in our pool shed where the Blue Tongues used to go in the daytime.

101_0018.jpg

Yes thats the guy who calls at the front door lol

Mally

Guest spottymercedes

101_0018.jpg

We have had one of these on the steps leading to our front door too, although ours was not as fat as this one! Very cute and the blue tongue kept sticking out. The head part was quite snake like.

Guest freckles

My Mum has had "Ziggy" keeping her company for 3 years now, if door is open he will wander around the house. He is really tame and as you can see his pal is "Morag" the dog.

Looks like he had an accident to his tail ?

Thats probably from the cat Quoll, since that came on the scene, the Blue Tongues seem to have dissapeared, 2 baby doves have been killed, several brown skinks & frogs have been killed also, I've seen the cat running up the street with lizards in it's mouth a couple of times now, won't be long before it dissapears too.

It beats me why people have pets when they are out at work all day long and they're left to roam around the street day & night.

eek, we have two dogs, will they still come in the garden or will the dogs scare them off ?

We have a Staffie that spends most days chasing them, sometimes she catches them by the tail, but they have the ability to shed their tails if caught, so they live to play again another day.

Archived