Does anyone know a primary school in Sydney open mid December for reccy?

Guest Andyleanne

Guest Andyleanne

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of any primary schools that are open mid December that I would be able to visit? Ideally within the Eastern suburbs? I dont have children myself but my sister in law is looking for join us in Sydney and wants to get an idea of schooling but the problem we have is that she is visiting from December 17th to January 2nd and I know a lot close then for Christmas.

Thanks!!

I dont think you are going to have much luck. I initially read the dates as 7 December but I think term finishes 19 December this year so unless you can get her skates on and visit them as soon as you gets off the plane then there really isnt much action until the end of January. They all close really and once they finish the term they are all out of there as everyone heads off for their summer holidays.

Yep, end of term is definitely the 19th of December here in Sydney. However, you may find that if you give the schools a call there may be Heads, teachers and admin staff around clearing up and setting up for the new school year. You may get lucky like we did last year if you call on the off-chance and an accommodating head will be happy to show you round. Of course it's not the same as seeing the school during a normal working day but you get a good feel anyway. Good luck with that, cheers Jo

Guest Andyleanne

Thanks for both the replies, she would definately make the school visit her first priority so she should be able to attend before the 19th.

I'll do some ringing around to some schools in the Eastern suburbs to see if its possible.

Thanks again.

Archived