Nursing in Perth

gareth and lisa

Hello, if mental health is the same as adult then you will have to go onto a graduation programme. its where you work normally as a nurse but continue to get structured learning, to be honest it sounds good rather than here when 1 min your a student the next you have 10 patients!!! im a adult nurse qualified in jan 09. what i did was email the hospital where i wanted to work, Joondalup and they advised me what i needed to do, everybody who i have mailed in Oz has been excellent. I suggest you email one of the hospitals and they will advise you on what steps you will need to take. Good luck, weve delayed our moving for 2yrs to let me oldest son finish school but i think about Oz every day

Regards Lisa

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why the change of heart??

WA changed the goal posts yet again and we could no longer apply (after wasting 6 months last year!!). They changed to 7ys experience and i dont have that (qual Jan 09). They state they are crying out for nurses but seem to make it difficult, although i have never been to SA i am really looking forward to visiting and living there.

Lisa

WA changed the goal posts yet again and we could no longer apply (after wasting 6 months last year!!). They changed to 7ys experience and i dont have that (qual Jan 09). They state they are crying out for nurses but seem to make it difficult, although i have never been to SA i am really looking forward to visiting and living there.

Lisa

God it's ridiculous isn't it. My partners sister has just become a permanent resident, so we are lucky enough to have her to sponsor us for our 176 visa. I qualified in Sept 2008 and training as a midwife at the moment. Like you I won't have enough experience for the visa after July 1st as I'll be penalised for being too young and not having enough experience under the new points system. Plus my skills assessment has been with ANMAC for 15 weeks now, so we're gonna have to apply for the visa without it and just add it to the application once ANMAC pull their finger out!:arghh:

Good luck with your plans in SA:cute:

• 4 weeks later...
God it's ridiculous isn't it. My partners sister has just become a permanent resident, so we are lucky enough to have her to sponsor us for our 176 visa. I qualified in Sept 2008 and training as a midwife at the moment. Like you I won't have enough experience for the visa after July 1st as I'll be penalised for being too young and not having enough experience under the new points system. Plus my skills assessment has been with ANMAC for 15 weeks now, so we're gonna have to apply for the visa without it and just add it to the application once ANMAC pull their finger out!:arghh:

Good luck with your plans in SA:cute:

Hi Jenpen

After much stress our family 176 visa was lodged on the 30-06-2011. I believe our type of visa is classified as priority group 4 in terms of processing time. This according to the visa bureau http://www.visabureau.com/australia/australian-visa-application-priority-processing-order.aspx this could take 18 months. Do you know of anyone with the same visa & occupation that had their visa processed any quicker?

Debs:smile:

Guest jaffinoz

Got a job lined up in Rockingham General in the mental health unit called Mimidi Park.Anybody got any experience of this unit?

Also anybody live near here with any info on suburbs,schools & nurseries etc.

5 Wks and counting :)

Archived