Nearest & Nicest Beach To Central Perth?

emmaj

We only arrived on Sunday so we are still trying to find our way around. We fancy taking a trip to the beach on Saturday but we have no idea which one to go to.

So can anyone recomend the nicest beach close to central Perth and also if you could help me out with directions as to how to get there using public transport - that would be amazing!

Lovin it so far!

Thanks

Emma

x

Guest prettyinpink

My brother has told me that City Beach is really nice although I've never been. I've only been into the city on the train, not used the buses yet and we've driven everywhere so far.

The beach at Hilarys is very nice but I'm not sure how easy it is on public transport.

Scarborough beach is quite nice. (This might be city beach??) Got 'bay watch guys' lol has gas bar-b q's, eateries, supermarket, fish shop, beer shop too. Not sure on busses but there seemed to be plenty pulling up when I was there (twice). Nice sand and a shaded area if you need a sun break. lol. They hold competitions there sometime too, Check out 'Sterling' Councils web site. [ probably sterling .gov.au but not sure] Check out the bus on the web.

Hope this helps Have a happy day

Sue - XXX

nb if you go let us know how you got on X X

Guest Wenders

All the beaches mentioned are nice, theres also Sorrento........Hilary's Harbour, thats lovely!

I loved Mullaloo, Cottesloe, Scarborough............Try them all if you can.......(prob not in one day tho!)

Have a fab day!!!

All the beaches mentioned are nice, theres also Sorrento........Hilary's Harbour, thats lovely!

I loved Mullaloo, Cottesloe, Scarborough............Try them all if you can.......(prob not in one day tho!)

Have a fab day!!!

Hillarys harbour is a man made bit for the kiddys with the park.Mully is nice and gentle for the dippin. Scarbros nice but watch for the surf went ladt week and got the washing machine treatment. If you get to the coast just have a steady wander up theres loads of spots not just the usual haunts . Weather forecast set to a bit chillier but fine this week end might go and try the washing machine treatment a bit scary

Mally from Kally

Hillarys harbour is a man made bit for the kiddys with the park.Mully is nice and gentle for the dippin.

Our kids loved Hillary's, nice shops there too, (sying that, wasn't there a fire at the shops there recently?). Mullaloo is nice for a bit of gentle bodyboarding! There's a park near too and of course the BBQs.

Hillarys harbour is a man made bit for the kiddys with the park.Mully is nice and gentle for the dippin.

Our kids loved Hillary's, nice shops there too, (sying that, wasn't there a fire at the shops there recently?). Mullaloo is nice for a bit of gentle bodyboarding! There's a park near too and of course the BBQs.

There was some bother there a week last sunday about 6.00 went to hotel this sun and the bizzies were there as usual after the hoss has bolted. Was at Boat Harbour last week no sign of fire saw the humpys migrating nice

Malyy fromkallly

Guest loopyloo

Hi emmaj

Visit Transperth website, it does a journey planner from your home to wherever, you can use landmarks if you don't know street names. I found owning a book with all the streets etc in invaluable. If you go to Swanbourne (next to Cottesloe) it is a nudist beach, it is behind Campbell Barracks and you have to look out for a red flag which means most of the beach is closed due to live amunition. Cottesloe is very nice but can get quite busy at weekends. Have fun at whichever beach you choose.

There was some bother there a week last sunday about 6.00 went to hotel this sun and the bizzies were there as usual after the hoss has bolted. Was at Boat Harbour last week no sign of fire saw the humpys migrating nice

Malyy fromkallly

I read it on thewest.com. Don't think there was a lot of fire damage thankfully though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived