has anyone used Migrate Australia

o'connors

Hello all,

Just wondered if anyone has used Migrate Australia to get out to Oz? Considering using them as a migration agent. Any good or bad experiences please let me know.

Thanks

The O'Connors

p.s. sorry to hear about that other migration agent going bump....:sad:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello The O'Connors

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I've not before heard of the firm you have mentioned, which is not to say they are not good. There are some 3,000 Registered Migration Agents in Australia so one cannot possibly know of them all, obviously.

I'd be intrigued to know how Messrs Mercorella and Manders manage to run offices in Egypt, India, Iran, Israel, Nigeria, Tanzania (and, apparently, Singapore as well though that is not mentioned on their website) as well as in South Australia, however.

Australian Migration and Visa Solutions (AMVS)

Migration Agents Registration Authority=

I wonder whether they act for many Brits as well? There is no UK representative office, I notice.

Have you asked to see a specimen of their contract for services? If not, I would and I would look at the jurisdiction clause in it to see which country's law will govern the contract for services. I'd do that with any Agent, though, because I've seen a contract made in the UK that was governed by the law of New Zealand, which is preposterous in my opinion. If the contract is not governed by English Law then the Court in England & Wales cannot help in the event of a dispute between you and your agent.

If you have a hunt around on here you will see that the names of several Agents crop up repeatedly. I'd suggest that you ring round half a dozen well known firms as well before trying to choose an Agent.

The first two digits of an Agent's MARN indicate the year in which he first became an RMA, for the most part, and you can search the register via this link:

Migration Agents Registration Authority

Best wishes

Gill

Hello all' date='

Just wondered if anyone has used Migrate Australia to get out to Oz? Considering using them as a migration agent. Any good or bad experiences please let me know.

Thanks

The O'Connors

p.s. sorry to hear about that other migration agent going bump....:sad:[/quote']

hello the o connors, we used concept australia in manchester as did 4 or 5 mates who are over there, they charged us £1300 roughly in may 07, that was for me and my partner. it worked for us. anyway, good luck

• 11 years later...
1 hour ago, Denson said:

Hi Guys,

Has anyone got AMVS Legal 's services before?

The use of the word "Legal" raises a red flag for me immediately.  As soon as they add the label "lawyer", it's an excuse to charge like a wounded bull. 

If you've got into trouble over a visa and need legal representation, by all means use a lawyer.  If you are simply applying for a visa, use a registered migration agent like Go Matilda or Oz Immigration.