Feeling SOOOOOO anxious, Am I alone??

l1sa

Hi all,

These last few days I have started feeling really depressed and anxious about the state of the housing market in the UK. As if it's not enough trauma to go through making the decision in the first place to leave all you know and all family etc. to then have to start thinking maybe it won't be a viable option!!!

I'm so flipping worried that we won't get enough equity in the sale of our house that OH will play the sensible card and tell me we can't go!! We haven't even applied for the Visa yet, so heaven only knows where the market will be a year from now. :nah: OH is taking his practical in a couple of weeks and then we'll put in for the Visa..

Oh help!!! someone please help!!!

Rant over!!

Thank you!!

XX

Guest mandisfam

Hi Lisa, No you are not alone at all. We put our visa application in last month and to be honest, I wished we waited until middle of next year, but whats done is done now.

It has put a real downer on it all. The few people we have told, the first thing they say is when you going then??? you say don't know, depends when we sell our house. Then you get the "are really going then" look.

But all I can do is be positive, hope and pray that someone will want to buy my house, at the price we need.

Good Luck.

Mandisfam

Guest Dionne and Rickie

I no what you meen we have only just applied and will put house on market after Xmas and hopefully it will be a little better, it couldnt possible get any worse.

Hi all,

These last few days I have started feeling really depressed and anxious about the state of the housing market in the UK. As if it's not enough trauma to go through making the decision in the first place to leave all you know and all family etc. to then have to start thinking maybe it won't be a viable option!!!

I'm so flipping worried that we won't get enough equity in the sale of our house that OH will play the sensible card and tell me we can't go!! We haven't even applied for the Visa yet, so heaven only knows where the market will be a year from now. :nah: OH is taking his practical in a couple of weeks and then we'll put in for the Visa..

Rant over!!

Thank you!!

XX

hi lisa ...no you are defo not the only one feeling this this !!! ...fortunately you are in a position at the mo where you still have time on your side ....there are a lot of us who have to sell in the next few months ..or risk giving up the dream ....im sure the market will pick up in the new year ...lets hope its not too late for some of us !!

mrs keily

Hiya

We are exactly the same as you, we put our house on the ,market pretty much as soon as we decided to go to oz, (only had one viewing so far). if we dont sell the house we wont be going

but..... fingers crossed the visa application will be done be xmas and hopefully house will sell spring time, fingers crossed

Try and stay positive......

Claire x

Guest jewels1356

if it aint on the market get it on now just in case you can find a buyer you never now good luck with it all

julie

xxxx

Hi all,

Rant over!!

Thank you!!

XX

We're in exactly the same position as you, except we're not waiting for our visa to come through before selling the house. We're going to wait for confirmation from the TRA in Oz that hubby has enough qualifications then we're selling up as soon as we can. We'll rent until we get the visa. I can't see how we could fail.

Guest familytak@tiscali.co.uk

Hi Lisa,

It's far too early to start worrying about all of that as a lot can change in a year. We are in the same position as we have only owned our house for 4 years, so we are re-mortgaging with a buy-to-let mortgage to raise some capital and will rent the property, selling when the market improves. It is not an ideal situation but it is resloving the current problem. Where are you thinking of moving to? We are awaiting a confirmed job offer for Geraldton in WA.

Good luck with everything.

I feel the same. We have had house on the market for 6 weeks and only had 1 viewer.

We have to sell our house to go to Oz and if we can't then it's all over for us!

x

I have to agree with emmaroo, we have a C/O but if we get visa before Christmas i can't see where we will get the money from to validate visa without the sale from the house. Ours has been on the market now for about 3 months with 5 viewings but no offers!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep on thinking something will turn up, but what?????:arghh:

Tania X

I have also just lodged my visa, but dont know if to put my house on the market after xmas or wait until I get that visa in my hand?? Dont want to sell then find out that we havent got the visa for some reason or another, but with the market being as it is do we chance it and put it up, hoping or wait?? Its another bloody hurdle!!!

Guest marky1965

Hi Lisa, know how you feel, I have just had a job interview here for a job in WA. Thing is, I won't know for sure if I got it until early november and as you say the market is bad at the minute and I can't comitt to the selling until I know if I have the job. I am seriously considering on of thoses orginisations that buy you home for between 70% or 90% of market value. It will take a hit on the equity but so long as I can get enough to pay off exisiting loan and have a some to take with me I will be satisified. Good Luck.. Mark

Archived