Need advice re UK baby car seats

Guest Chrissy

Guest Chrissy

Hi there, we are leaving for oz in 4 weeks time and need to find out whether we can use our Maxi Cosi Baby car seat in oz, is it legal? thanks :v_SPIN:

Guest Andy and Tracy

I asked this and was told "No" by a couple of posters - you wouldn't be insured as it would not pass the Aussie kite mark. I have 3 that are quite new!

Not sure how to check it out further tho'.

Tracy

Hi there

I asked the Victoria road authority (something like that) and they said that if it's got the Oz/NZ kite mark on it then you can use it. The thing is that the UK/European seats won't have the Oz/NZ kite mark, even USA seats don't have it. Even thougth they are great seats.

So there's nothing you can do but buy a new seat when you get here.

We had to sit with our kids on our laps here in cabs (which I wasn't happy with) so as soon as we could we hired a car with kids seats.

When we visited Sydney recently we were told that kids need to sit alone. So I'm guessing it varies from state to state.

Hi there, we are leaving for oz in 4 weeks time and need to find out whether we can use our Maxi Cosi Baby car seat in oz, is it legal? thanks :v_SPIN:

Unfortunately not - that is not to say it isnt as good as any Aus seats it just wont have the prerequisite mark on it!

Guest Chrissy

Thanks for the feedback... its a real shame as we have a real nice one. Can anyone tell me my daughter is 3, can she use a booster seat in oz or does she have to be 4 - 5 years old? thanks alot.

Thanks for the feedback... its a real shame as we have a real nice one. Can anyone tell me my daughter is 3, can she use a booster seat in oz or does she have to be 4 - 5 years old? thanks alot.

Hi Chrissy

My girls are nearly 3 and we've been here six months.

We bought some lightweight seats and extra straps because the girls are not big enough for boosters. The seats that we bought don't feel as safe or sturdy as our Britax ones that we sold at home.

There's lots available in varied price ranges.

I hope this helps.

Archived