extra for tattoos

gazza

hi all

we are in the process of finding out were to get our medicals done.

we live in downham market so our nearest place to go is

cambridge migration medical services.

weve been quoted-

£185 for adult

£60 for 7 year old

£155 for 13 year old

plus because i have 2 tattoos and my wife has a small tattoo on her

shoulder they want another £100 each.

Is the extra cost for a tattoo normal and are the prices weve been quoted

reasonable? do prices vary much depending on were you go?

I cant find any recent posts on this so would love to here were to go, what we should be paying.

thanks gazza

Guest leeandkellie

does it depend on how long u've had the tattoos? both me an hubby have had ours for years plus i had a hep a+b during my pregnancy last year so im all clear

Hi there Gazza,

Sorry to say, but that does seem an awful lot, but I suppose they can charge what they want as it is classed as private. Well I have 5 tattoos (discreet ones) and I am a nurse, so I had to have Hep B,C and HIV all of which I had had very recently during my pregnancy, you don't need Hep A as it is not commonly a blood borne disease.

For the 3 of us (my husband, myself and my little boy who is now 6 months old I think the overall total was about £500 and that included everything. Xrays and all.

Ah here we go I have found our medicals price list.

Medical Examination

Adult (over 15) £85

Child (under 15) £65

Blood Tests

HIV Screen £22

Hep B screen (if you have tattoos or body piercings) £22

Hep C (medical personnel) £22

Chest Xray (11 and over) £80

Postage (Insured)

To London High Commission single - £6.00

Family - £8.00

To Australia £10

Courier to Sydney £15

This was with Tudor House Medicals in Nottingham.

http://www.visa-medicals.co.uk

Perhaps it is worth your while travelling further afield and ringing a few others for prices.

I presume you are looking on the Australian Immigration website for Visa medicals practices.

Good Luck

Lisa x

It doesn't matter if you've already had the blood tests previously, as our dr said They want to see it for themselves. Prices of medicals varies, you can shop around if you're prepared to travel - we went to our nearest one for convenience as it was in the same town.

Guest leeandkellie
Hi there Gazza,

Sorry to say, but that does seem an awful lot, but I suppose they can charge what they want as it is classed as private. Well I have 5 tattoos (discreet ones) and I am a nurse, so I had to have Hep B,C and HIV all of which I had had very recently during my pregnancy, you don't need Hep A as it is not commonly a blood borne disease.

For the 3 of us (my husband, myself and my little boy who is now 6 months old I think the overall total was about £500 and that included everything. Xrays and all.

Ah here we go I have found our medicals price list.

Medical Examination

Adult (over 15) £85

Child (under 15) £65

Blood Tests

HIV Screen £22

Hep B screen (if you have tattoos or body piercings) £22

Hep C (medical personnel) £22

Chest Xray (11 and over) £80

Postage (Insured)

To London High Commission single - £6.00

Family - £8.00

To Australia £10

Courier to Sydney £15

This was with Tudor House Medicals in Nottingham.

http://www.visa-medicals.co.uk

Perhaps it is worth your while travelling further afield and ringing a few others for prices.

I presume you are looking on the Australian Immigration website for Visa medicals practices.

Good Luck

Lisa x

just been on the website u gave and they've doubled their prices. £185 i think it said for adults on a perminant visa

Hi there Leeandkellie

I have just had another look on the website and they have actually combined the price as the £195 now includes examination, xray and HIV test, which when you break it down is only an £8 increase in what I would have paid, only I had to have additional bloods due to being a nurse.

I gasped, but when you read it, it does make it a little clearer.

Hope this has helped a little. It is still expensive I know.

Lisax

Guest leeandkellie

thanks lisa, i hadnt realised it was all in we'd need extra bloods as both me an hubby have tattoos.

its gonna take us years to have enough money to get everythin done an then find flight money

Hi there Leeandkellie.

I agree it is very expensive. We were lucky in so much that when we got married we had donations to our Oz fund, and any birthdays and christmas' we had money. Also if we had any extra money we would put it in the Oz fund. We were quite surprised how quick it built up.

That is the frustrating thing about it all it's money, money, money. But worth it in the end.

Don't give in if it's your dream to go. We are only 10 weeks away from going and it has taken us two years, through one thing and another.

Take care.

Lisa

Guest leeandkellie

hi lisa,

we started an oz fund so any money we get extra goes into that. we've given ourselves a maximum of 4yrs to get there with our youngest only bein 3months we said we want to be there by the time she's ready for starting primary school.

we will get there it's the only thing in my sight now lol

Guest mr_nastey

Hi Gazza,

I posted just before christmas regarding the costs of my medicals (had mine done in Northampton). I too had to pay extra for a tatto.

If the following link doesn't work search against my username (mr_nastey) and you should find it.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/about2183.html&highlight=

The total cost for a family of four, 3 of which required chest xrays and 1 required hep A & B testing was £725.

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve.

Guest Davidgolf

Hi Gazza

we had our meds done in Cambridge last friday. There is five of us 3 kids and us two, 2 of the kids are aged 16 & 18 so they had to have x-rays as well as us and hubby has a tatto and in all it cost us £960.00

Guest graham$nic

Hi david thanx for that we live in bedfordshire and i was worried our meds might be over the thousand pound mark we have 3 children 9,11 and 2 but i think from having a look we can have ours done in hitchin which is closer.

graham and nic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pippycol

Hiya Gazza,I had to have extra blood test as i have 11 tattoos and i was charged 25 pounds missus has one tat and didnt need extra test

• 1 month later...
Guest griggsy

hello gazza hope you dont mind me contacting you,me and my wife started our application october last year and just wanted to get an idea of how long it took you to get accepeted from when first started

Hi Gazza

I had to pay extra as i have 3 tattoos - but i had my medical done in Sydney and the extra cost me $100 which works out a bit cheaper than the uk at approx 41pounds

p.s you are just down the road from where 2 of my daughters live g´d old Kings lynn lol

Hi giggsy

No worries m8! We haven't been fully accepted yet as we are still waiting for our Case Officer! We sent the TRA at the end of July 2006, ack 10/8/06. We sent our Visa app. in Nov along with frontloaded PCs, payment for visa taken and app lodged 21/12/06. We have just front loaded the meds because we have sold our house and are basically ready 2 go. We are fully aware that the Visa has to be validated within a year and this starts from our PCs which were done in October so we are hoping we get the nod and have plenty of time to jet off to sunnier climes.

Also my original post stated they we were going to have to pay extra for tattoo's but we actually attended Thorpewood Surgery in Norwich as they didn't charge extra! The total paid was £365 med for a family of 4 and £180 for 3 xrays = £545, not bad compared to some charges we have seen people paying on this site.

Hope that helps

cheers

Guest griggsy

thanks for that gazza it all seems such a minefield the whole process,we`ve been told by our agent that we have enough points so hopefully we should be ok the only thing worrying me is iv got one police caution but finding this web site people people have been putting my mind at ease

Don't worry I have 3 convictions in my past life!! Now I am a good boy my agent advised me to get a character assessment as well as giving a statement of declaration (from me), which she witnessed being as she is also a lawyer . She seems to think that I will not have a problem as they were quite some time ago, but I know what you mean the worrying does get to you but we live in hope mate.

Guest griggsy

where do you plan to settle when you get there?have you any kids?we`ve got two a 7year old and 11year old but we havnt told them we dont want them to get let down

we plan on living in perth. We have two girls 1 of 7 and the other has just turned 14 on sunday, that are coming. Mr eldest who is 18 is studying hairdressing which will stand her in good sted as she wants to come over after she finishes college.

We have kept the girls informed all the way, in the beginning they were upset and said that they didn't want to go. But they do know its and "if we go" and showing them lots of nice things about Oz is a good way to keep them interested.

Archived