We think Brisbane might just be for us, suburb help needed.

Guest mandisfam

Guest mandisfam

Hello to all you folks in Brisbane, Well after researching most of Australia, for a place to live, we thought we have a look at Brisbane.....and we think this is the place for us.

Brisbane, seems to have the WOW factor we have been looking for. I have been Brisbane about 8 years ago, but was only there for a few days. I do remember having lunch at a rather nice place over looking the river (however after living in backerpacker hostels, anywhere was nice....lol) and the big post office in the city, but thats all I do remember.

Which brings me onto suburbs. My oh would be working in the CBD, as he works in IT. I would be very grateful if any of you could advise as to starting points for research to some good suburbs for us. Our basic requirements are ideally a 20 min commute to the CBD, but would consider 30 min, but this would be the max. Close to beach type area, we adore the beach and love the idea going to the beach after work. And finally, a good suburb with enough facilities to keep me and the kids (both will be under 8) occupied, (Im assuming I will not have to work.lol) good schools and just good general family place with nice parks.

I guess that pretty much what everyone is after....and no we do have lots of money. We are hoping to be able to afford rent around the $350/$400 per week range.

I have looked on the ourbrisbane website and realestate site, and it like a sorting through a haystack trying to find a needle.

I do appreicate that everyone has difference of opinion on whats a good suburb for a family but we may well come out and not like places we think we will. But just being pointed in the right direction for a few suburbs would be great. So I sit and research and dream whilst it turning very cold in the UK.

Also, can you tell me what the transport links are like in the CBD. Ideally oh would like to go by train are the packed and hectic? Is north or south Brisbane better for train commuting???

Any other tips for our new research of Brisbane would be great too.

Many thanks and I promise to click the chick of all those who reply and give advice...lol

Mandisfam

Guest mollyflanders

hello and welcome, There are many suburbs to chose from, I live in the western suburbs, in middle park and all the areas around here are nice or i thinks so, sinnaman park, river hills, westlake Mt Ommanay, all around here and i would say about half an hour to city an hour perhaps from gold coast, good bus service , train station 5 minutes away at Darra. I am sure others who have been here longer will give you more advice, good luck.

Hi, I'm sure you will love Brisbane. I've been here about 8 months now. I was like you and didn't have a clue where to live when i moved here so i decided to rent somewhere near work whilst exploring other suburbs. I've settled in Springhill which is 5min walk from CBD. There are lots of short term rentals around the city ranging from 1 week to 6 months, it might be a good idea to do that and explore the suburbs yourself, lots of them come supplied with everything you will need. I could give you some names if it would be helpful. Good luck.

Jacq

You should have a look at Albany Creek.(North Brisbane) You could secure a decent rental for that price,its 20 min from the city and has a train line to get there directly...have to say the trains I have used are very scruffy...but the times they run are excellent.

You would also be 30 min from redcliffe beach...not the best in Oz but great for a stroll /dip in the lagoon after work.At weekends 1hr to gold coast or sunshine coast so very central.

Guest stockies

Mary Ya make me laugh, now are ya sure its gonna be Brisbane cos i think ya have looked round every city now in OZ !!!!!!!!!............lmaso

Claire. XX

Guest mandisfam

Hi folks, Many thanks for your replies. Definately, given me a starting point. I have click the chicks to those it will let me.

No more clicks for you Claire from me, so have a flower instead...:wubclub:

Thanks again.

Mandisfam

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AJTCOURIERS

can anyone help please with a suburb of Brisbane about 15/20 mins out where it is not too quiet!

Thanks

Cindy

Hi everyone,

we have just started our application to oz and would like to move to brisbane, going through a nursing agency and hope to be out there by next july(ish). we too are looking for somewhere close to city centre and any help would be greatfully recieved. Probably going to sound like a real newbie now but what does CBD stand for.

Archived