Nurse, partner and cat move to QLD?

Amy

:goofy:Hi all. This is my first post as we've only just started discussing a possible move. i am currently a nurse with 3.5 years post reg experience. Started looking into a possible move and like the look of sunshine coast QLD. It sounds amazing and think it would be a fantastic experience for us, there just seems so much to take into consideration that Ithought I'd ask the experts for any advice you have. From what I've read, a sponsorship visa seems like the best option. Do any of the nursing agencies that help with the move? I also want to take my cat, are the agencies that deal with that any good or am I best dealing with that myself? I will also need to rent my house out here and rent in Oz. What sort of wage would I be looking at, is it do-able? Sorry bout the long thread but i've got a million and one questions! Anyone with ANY advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Amy xx

Hi Amy & Welcome to PIO

OK if you go to the search part on here and put in 'nurses' then you will find lots of info also if I were you I would start a new thread under 'jobs & careers' about 'nursing in queensland' just head it something like that and it will draw attention to our nurses here on pio.

First thing first telephone a migration agent they do give you some free advise over the telephone and they will tell you abt other visas such as the 175pr visa etc.. we used Ian Harrops & Associates people on here also recommend Go Matilda, try to call them.

Now your lovely cat, worry not but you will need to sort them out once again you can use an agent such as Golden Arrow, Pets on the Move, Air Pets. You could start a thread under pets and ask 'moving my cat to queensland' and see what answers you get.

So hey you are going to be busy with all your investigating

Good Luck Kim

Guest Martaid15

Hi, we're in a similiar situation and looked at a sponsership visa but then decided that the 175 Permanent Residency Visa was the best option as you gat the freedom to work where you want and the hours you want. This was more important for us as we have 2 young children and need to be flexible. We have just posted the skills assessment application for this visa so are finally getting somewhere, I myself have been qualified for 4 years. We also considered Queensland but then decided against it as it gets very hot in summer and has a warm winter, we're now considering Perth or Adelaide. Can't help with the cat problem, we're leaving our dog behind with relatives. Anyway good luck, Leanne & Martin.

Good luck with the application. We too came on a 175 visa, particularly useful when I didn't really like the job I was doing when I first arrived, so had the flexibility of just being able to look in the paper and apply for anything (ironically same hospital but different job). We brought our cat by the way who was 16 at the time. We used a company called pets on the move who were excellent. I don't know what the quarantine is like over east, but here in Perth Byford Quarantine station isn't very big and books up really early, when we first enquired the first available spot for our cat was almost 4 months later .... so book early

Ali

Amy,

Maybe send an email to my migration agent colleague Sarah White (sarah - dot - white - at gomatilda - dot - com). Sarah is based in SE Queensland and is a migrant from the UK. She also works with Tracy Gordon - Tracy is a qualified nurse and can advise in respect of registration issues, working as a nurse in Australia, etc.

In case of need you can telephone Sarah on 00 61 7 3112 2925. Brisbane is UK time +9 hours at this time of year => a call first thing in the morning UK time is usually best - 8am UK time, say, which is 5pm in QLD - or later in the evening UK time.

I'm sure Sarah or Tracy will be happy to give you some freebie time.

Best regards.

Thank you all! How lovely it is to know there are people out there at each stage of the process. One quick question, I'm sure we would love it but just in case, with the 175 PR visa, does that make it more difficult to get back if you want to?

Thanks

Amy

Hiya Amy, The 175 Visa is probably the best Visa you could be going on, and no matter what visa you have you can always come back if you dont like it, dont worry they wont keep you there.

Now you have been luck and have been honoured to have a reply from Alan , if I were you I would take his advise and give them a call.

Good luck Amy Kim

The subclass 175 visa is a permanent residency visa which will allow you to enter Australia as many times as you want for 5 years from the date of visa grant.

After that date, if you have not secured Australian citizenship, you will need a Resident Return visa (subclass 155) if you want to have the freedom to leave and return to Australia:

Five Year Resident Return Visa (Subclass 155)

Note the residency requirements in terms of eligibility for the subclass 155 visa:

Five Year Resident Return Visa (Subclass 155)

Best regards.

Archived