Visa update

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest andymags

Hi everyone

Mags (46), Andy (42), Ashley (13) and Melissa (10)

176 Visa hubby - painter and decorator

Got SS for WA on 21st August..........Visa lodged 3rd September

So heading to Perth. Saving to go on reccie in late April beginning May to sort out schools first.

House all ready to go on market......will wait till after reccie.

Was hoping to get there for Aug/Sep next year but only god's know now.

Just means we'll have more money to take with us (trying to look at the bright side).

Fingers crossed for everyone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Applying a new application

Hi, I have already applied for 885 and on bridging Visa. My occupation is in the Victoria skill list. I f I am able to get a sponsorship from the state can I apply for 886 and what will happen to my 885 application as soon as I put a new application. Does it get cancelled before I get a reply for the 886?

Guest thebeatties

Great news ,

i got mine today. only 3 months after application on line.

Class 176 family sponsored

on CSL priority 3

lodgement date 15th September 2009.

Co allocated 10th October 2009

GRANTED TODAY 16th November 2009

Hi to everyone,

First, thanks for all the help received here!! We'd have been lost without it.

Visa sub-class 820 (onshore de-facto spouse), 1 applicant (me).

No migration agents used - just help from this site.

Currently in Australia on 676 e-visa and had a waiver of the 8503 condition granted July 09.

Posted front-loaded application 12/11/09 (minus two documents that we have not obtained as yet - a decree absolute and a financial statement).

CO phoned (not sure if this person is the CO, thinking about it now) 16/11/09 to say overpaid and can apply for a refund and also that a bridging visa would be granted forthwith.

And HSA has asked for more information on my pre-existing medical condition... trying to get this asap.

Alexandra (alexaconn)

Hi all, currently i applied 176 visa on may 2008, and still waiting till now (immigration said will be prossed till 2012). We have plan to apply 485 visa. Do i have to take another ielts? Because the previous ielts is already expired. And do i have to do medical test before lodge the application? Can i do the medical in overseas? Thanks for helping

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Midlanders

Hi all

Our update Darren (chippy) age 40 & Judy being made redudant this month- boring Customer

Manager (services business) Nice pay off though. lol

Process started Oct 08 Vettesses passed April 09 Carpenter 175 lodged 17/6/09

Applied for SS 28/7/09 due to changes still waiting now after 19 weeks to hear those magical words and cannot changes to 176 SS Visa until that comes through or can we?????

Fingers crossed for everyone they will sort this god dam mess SOON!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jason7167

Hi all

Jason and Sam, Matt 11 and Rebecca 7,

175 skilled independant

All medical docs in oz as of 20/12 09,

Just waiting

looking to live north brisbane,

Be out 15/02 10 for another visit, sort house to rent and look for a job :biggrin:

Hi

Aaron 22, sarah 20

175 skilled independent visa

gasfitter

tra lodged in march 2009, approved in April

visa lodged on 3rd sept 09

medicals requested 3rd dec 09

booked for 4th jan

so far very smooth run fingers crossed that continues! Looking to go Queensland in September but still undecided on where we want to settle!:biggrin:

Guest chappers

Hi All

Currently in Perth on 457 working in Royal Perth Hospital (hospital not sponsoring due to budget restrictions so applied Independently for PR)

Visa applied for: 175 on 09/10/2009

Case officer allocated on 30/12/2009 requesting medicals and Police Clearance.

Watch this space...

Good luck everyone.

how do i get everythin started

Hi Stavros,

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

You have to decide on which Visa is best suited for you. Are you traveling with family or on your own?

I have been using a Visa agent to help me along. Of course they cost money but I think money well spent. I am currently using Visa Bureau who are based in Fulham.

Check out Australian Visa: Australian Visa Bureau to find out what visa is best suited for you.

Hope this helps

Matt

Guest angedoon

Mum has applied for a cont parent visa 143.

Nov 09 - case worker

Dec 09 - medical

11 Jan 09 - medical and all final paperwork arrived in Aus.

12 Jan 09 - waiting, waiting, waiting

Good luck to all

:cool:

Guest eggmanno1
Morning All,

It seems to have been ages since we caught up with everyone so lets have:

Names:

What Visa:

How far along are you:

Where you going to be living:

I`ll make this a sticky thread so all newbies will see it and can add onto it.

hi there we going on a skilled state visa 176 to hopefully perth,just had vetassess cancelled from feb to june

ian 38,michelle 37,ellie 12 amy7 and alyx 4

Guest lisamarcus

Hi there

Could anyone help me on this! on document check list 'everything is saying 'Met' and on our application status its stating medicals are finalised? Does this mean we have met the criteria for our visas medically and DIAC will not ask for anything else???? all we await is for them to grant our visas? Not sure what happens next??????????????????????????????

Marcus

Guest angedoon
Mum has applied for a cont parent visa 143.

Nov 09 - case worker

Dec 09 - medical

11 Jan 09 - medical and all final paperwork arrived in Aus.

12 Jan 09 - waiting, waiting, waiting

Good luck to all

:cool:

Heard from CO last week. The medical centre are taking 3 to 4 weeks to receipt medicals received onto the database. It's the last stage for us!

More Waiting!! :arghh:

Hi there

Could anyone help me on this! on document check list 'everything is saying 'Met' and on our application status its stating medicals are finalised? Does this mean we have met the criteria for our visas medically and DIAC will not ask for anything else???? all we await is for them to grant our visas? Not sure what happens next??????????????????????????????

Marcus

Hi I am new to this site so do hope I am doing this right :wink:

I am a June 09 applicant (175, CSL) and Case officer requested meds & police checks on 8th Dec 09. Meds were finalized on 17th Jan and as of 21/1/10 all documents are "met". I believe that is it now - until visa is hopefully granted but what I've seen from this point, visa grant can be anything from 24 hours to many months more. :arghh:

Guest shawgorbys

I am a June 09 applicant (175, CSL) and Case officer requested meds & police checks on 8th Dec 09. Meds were finalized on 17th Jan and as of 21/1/10 all documents are "met". I believe that is it now - until visa is hopefully granted but what I've seen from this point, visa grant can be anything from 24 hours to many months more. :arghh:

hi guys welcome to pio good luck with it all take care Andrea&familyxx

Guest James1972

I'm shocked it has not come through yet for you. Fingers crossed and lets hope it is sooner rather than later.

I'm shocked it has not come through yet for you. Fingers crossed and lets hope it is sooner rather than later.

Think we are stalking each other :biglaugh:

I too thought we might have had it by now and am struggling with the waiting game! Not helped by persecuting myself by reading timelines of others who have been 'met' for many months - uh oh! Your referred meds must be due to be finalised any day I imagine - hope to hear positive news again from you very soon !

Guest James1972
Think we are stalking each other :biglaugh:

I too thought we might have had it by now and am struggling with the waiting game! Not helped by persecuting myself by reading timelines of others who have been 'met' for many months - uh oh! Your referred meds must be due to be finalised any day I imagine - hope to hear positive news again from you very soon !

Yes we are :eek: Only 2 good sites that you can get the info from and I'm beginning to prefer being on this one.

Think a lot of the "others" are HR so take a lot more looking into.

I hope that it will be in the morning or Friday as that is a week since referred. Then I have my fingers crossed for a week for final assessment. 4/2 is the date in my head.

Fingers crossed for us both in the next week.

Archived