made the move to pacific pines

Guest leanne in queensland

well finally moved from the sunshine coast to the gold coast really happy ive made the right choice did like the sunshine coast but was a bit to layed back for me and not enough shop lol well kids start school monday thank god !! still unpacking at the moment but people that i have come across all seem friendly. wish me luck leanne :yes:

Hiya Leanne

Welcome to Pacific Pines, I live here and love it, so much to do for the kids, what school are they going to?

and where do you live on PP your more than welcome to pop round for a coffee or bottle of wine LOL,

And of course you are to Lyn

Sarah x

Hiya Leanne

Welcome to Pacific Pines, I live here and love it, so much to do for the kids, what school are they going to?

and where do you live on PP your more than welcome to pop round for a coffee or bottle of wine LOL,

And of course you are to Lyn

Sarah x

Hi Sarah

We are moving onto Chesterton Street, into a new build (rental). We've bought land on Hawkesbury Ave so it's just round the corner from that which is brill - put down roots, keep an eye on build etc!!

Swear I am going to break more stuff on this little move than we did shifting it from the UK LOL - I am going to be sooooo kn**k*red by the end of the weekend! and to top it off our son is celebrating BIG TIME turning 18 this weekend :swoon:

Lyn x

Hi Sarah

We are moving onto Chesterton Street, into a new build (rental). We've bought land on Hawkesbury Ave so it's just round the corner from that which is brill - put down roots, keep an eye on build etc!!

Swear I am going to break more stuff on this little move than we did shifting it from the UK LOL - I am going to be sooooo kn**k*red by the end of the weekend! and to top it off our son is celebrating BIG TIME turning 18 this weekend :swoon:

Lyn x

Hiya Lyn

Good luck with the move, let us know when your over this way so you can pop in for a coffee.

Sarah x

Does that invite branch to us too Sarah ?lol, think its about time you did a PIO pac pines meet up,lol,

Cal x

No worries Cal

anytime love

Sarah x

Hi All,

Well, what great timing this thread has come up for me, we thought that the Sunshine Coast would be right for us, as I had built an idea in my head that the Gold Coast was just too touristy all over, but I have since realised that the Gold Coast is a BIG place...LOL

So we would love to hear good honest views about the reasons you are making this move, it would help our family out a great deal. :yes:

I am already friends with Lyn, 'Hi Lyn' she has been great & in fact among one of the first people to open my eyes a little with regard to the Gold Coast.

Be great to hear back from you,

With Thanks,

Kelly.:smile:

The Gold Coast offers somethig for everyone ,you can have the hustle and bustle of Surfers,the quieter hinterland or a bit of both by settling in one of the many suburbs inbetween. Theres the theme parks on hand if you want them and too many lovely beaches to choose from if you want a sand n splash day. Most people can find work easily as the place is booming,and with brisbane city not too far you wont ever want for anything.

Hubby works at Southport and enjoys the commute through the mountains ,i personally love it around Springbrook, the scenery is stunning ,Good luck with trying to choose an area ,its a tough challenge (but a good excuse to spend longer on here,lol).

Cal x

The Gold Coast offers somethig for everyone ,you can have the hustle and bustle of Surfers,the quieter hinterland or a bit of both by settling in one of the many suburbs inbetween. Theres the theme parks on hand if you want them and too many lovely beaches to choose from if you want a sand n splash day. Most people can find work easily as the place is booming,and with brisbane city not too far you wont ever want for anything.

Hubby works at Southport and enjoys the commute through the mountains ,i personally love it around Springbrook, the scenery is stunning ,Good luck with trying to choose an area ,its a tough challenge (but a good excuse to spend longer on here,lol).

Cal x

Im really being drawn in by the Gold Coast area, it sounds perfect for us as a family..:yes:

It really is so difficult, as im sure everyone (who doesnt have the benefit of a reccie) knows, when youve never been to a place to think, yep, that sounds like the place we want to live! All I can do is research, research & research.....:GEEK:

Are there areas where you can live & take a walk to places, such as parks, smaller shops, cafes etc, but without it being too busy?

Kelly :0)

Most suburbs have a small centre ,so i guess it depends how near to the 'hub' you want to be ,even some of the newer estates like this one ( www.flagstoneestate.com.au ) where we are, has its own small shopping centre,schools and parks. Familys are very well catered for in most areas ,especially the newer built ones.

Not sure id like to be without a car for long though ,you do find things in general are more spread out than the uk ,and public transport can be dire unless your inner city or right on the coast.

Cal x

Most suburbs have a small centre ,so i guess it depends how near to the 'hub' you want to be ,even some of the newer estates like this one ( www.flagstoneestate.com.au ) where we are, has its own small shopping centre,schools and parks. Familys are very well catered for in most areas ,especially the newer built ones.

Not sure id like to be without a car for long though ,you do find things in general are more spread out than the uk ,and public transport can be dire unless your inner city or right on the coast.

Cal x

Thanks Cal, thats great info...I love the idea of having all that nearby, like where you live.

We would still have a car, I asked, as where we live now, we have nothing, literally nothing, not even a pathway to walk on, in fact we did have a phone box in the village, but they even took that away!!!

A house down the road has a pond outside, so when we moved here I thought great, i'll take my little boy to feed the ducks on it.....We took our bread, got there, he was so excited, we threw ONE piece of bread for them & the ducks literally thought we were trying to attack them & they flew off!!!! Turns out they were wild ducks, so no luck there either!!! :no:

So we HAVE to drive anywhere, so it would be soooo nice to have the option of taking a walk somewhere..:yes:

Kelly :0)

Runaway Bay is good. Decent shopping centre, schools, parks, library, sports centre...

Only downside is its a bit of a drive up to the motorway in traffic usually too; plus, we can't really afford it, hence moving up to Pacific Pines/Maudsland/Oxenford area too!

Jo

Runaway Bay is good. Decent shopping centre, schools, parks, library, sports centre...

Only downside is its a bit of a drive up to the motorway in traffic usually too; plus, we can't really afford it, hence moving up to Pacific Pines/Maudsland/Oxenford area too!

Jo

Hi Jo,

Thanks for all the info, Im taking notes of all the areas that you are all mentioning, so that I can research them....whilst here in the Uk, listening to the rain.....:dull:

I am already friends with Lyn, 'Hi Lyn' she has been great & in fact among one of the first people to open my eyes a little with regard to the Gold Coast.

Be great to hear back from you,

With Thanks,

LOL! I swear I should get paid for promoting the Gold Coast hehe!! I like Oxenford too which is pretty much next door to Pacific Pines!

And Kelly, I know what you mean about phone boxes LOL, they took ours away too although it was for a different reason - when an old fella was murdered in the village next door to us, someone phoned the emergency services from the box in our village so forensics took it away and several years later it still hadn't been replaced!

funniest thing was about 1 yr after it was taken away, a BT engineer turned up to repair it :twitcy:.

Will PM you later Kelly!

Lyn x

hi sarah, tried to send u a pm but your all full up send me a pm with your email and ill give u my number if you fancy meeting up leanne x

Archived