175 visa apps (low risk country) Sep 07 - Apr 08.

jaq4chop

Hello everyone,

I was at a bit of a loose end last night & in a rather sad & obsessive manner I pulled some info from the beupdate website.

Using the 175 visa applications only (as that is the one we have applied for) from September 07 as it seemed a good place to start to April 08 (as that is when we applied) I extracted all the applicants.

Then I removed the following applicants as they were not relevant to the info I was trying to deduce. Those with visa granted, those that stated they were from a high risk country, those that had not updated with either a pre aknowledgement date or an acknowledgement date (if they had one or the other I kept them)

Both paper & online applications & modl & non modl are included.

What I was aiming to get to was how many applications were listed & how many had COs. Quite why I decided I wanted to know this I don't know but the result was quite cheerful.

201 applications listed.

59 have case officers

44 of the 201 are paper based (including us)

8 paper based have case officers.

Does anyone find this info useful / interesting? I am happy to update the results once a week & post them in this thread. Please let me know if you would like to see the info. Alternatively, please feel free to send mocking replies on how I should get out more often.sad.gif

Cheers Jaq

Guest welshie4oz
Hello everyone,

I was at a bit of a loose end last night & in a rather sad & obsessive manner I pulled some info from the beupdate website.

Using the 175 visa applications only (as that is the one we have applied for) from September 07 as it seemed a good place to start to April 08 (as that is when we applied) I extracted all the applicants.

Then I removed the following applicants as they were not relevant to the info I was trying to deduce. Those with visa granted, those that stated they were from a high risk country, those that had not updated with either a pre aknowledgement date or an acknowledgement date (if they had one or the other I kept them)

Both paper & online applications & modl & non modl are included.

What I was aiming to get to was how many applications were listed & how many had COs. Quite why I decided I wanted to know this I don't know but the result was quite cheerful.

201 applications listed.

59 have case officers

44 of the 201 are paper based (including us)

8 paper based have case officers.

Does anyone find this info useful / interesting? I am happy to update the results once a week & post them in this thread. Please let me know if you would like to see the info. Alternatively, please feel free to send mocking replies on how I should get out more often.sad.gif

Cheers Jaq

I must get a life too then as I do the same. We're a February paper based.

If you would like to continue I would be interested and maybe I could then get out more. :smile:

Jo x

oh jaq

how nice of you to offer to do this

i for one would be interested in these results. i have just added my name to the b update today as i thought you had to be a member to add but realised i could just do it so that may throw your results for this week but great idea.

all the best

sjs

Aren't we just all so sad sitting on our PCS trying to work out where we are in that big mess that is the GSM!!

There seems to be no system in it at all, when you see people from March/April are getting COs, & people in Dec haven't. We finally got a CO this week, (at last - HURRAH!) & we were Jan.

However, that said, I am also one of those 'sad' people, so would also be interested in your 'facts'!!

Kath

Well here is the weekly update of the beupdate.

204 applications. (some new & some got visas so have been deleted)

64 with a CO

45 are paperbased

8 paperbased with co

If there are any other bits you would like adding please let me know.

Hopefully next week there will be lots of updates.

good luck in the visa lottery

Jaq

Guest giggles

Hi Jaq well me like yourself who dont get out much would be extremely interested in the updates, we filed our 175 online 11/2/08 and havent heard a dot and yes you are right there is no system whatsover it is one lucky dip, we went on a meet 5 weeks ago and i met people who filed after us and have had there visas granted doesnt make sence.and everytime you phone dima you just get fobbed of so we sit and wait and will look forward to the updates.

regards Tricia

Well here is the weekly update of the beupdate.

204 applications. (some new & some got visas so have been deleted)

64 with a CO

45 are paperbased

8 paperbased with co

If there are any other bits you would like adding please let me know.

Hopefully next week there will be lots of updates.

good luck in the visa lottery

Jaq

Here is the update for 14 Sep. Busy week this week.

199 applications. Welcome to new listers on be update. (Nov) Manckarios. (Mar) Jack & (Apr) Gilly88.

62 with a CO

42 are paperbased

5 paperbased with co

Congratulations to visa grants. OCT - Hanson House & Jassparky. NOV - ShellJ & Paul & Linda, DEC - SJS, JAN - CK, FEB - jacm, MAR - Sydney2008, APR - Ben Last, T Bird, The Stocktons & Heamish.

Congratulations to CO allocation - JAN - Mick UK, MAR - Littlehobo75 & Cheshire Mark APR - Rob & Kath

Good luck everyone, next update 21 September. Don t forget to update your details on beupdate coz that s where I get my info.

Cheers Jaq

Here is the update for 14 Sep. Busy week this week.

199 applications. Welcome to new listers on be update. (Nov) Manckarios. (Mar) Jack & (Apr) Gilly88.

62 with a CO

42 are paperbased

5 paperbased with co

Congratulations to visa grants. OCT - Hanson House & Jassparky. NOV - ShellJ & Paul & Linda, DEC - SJS, JAN - CK, FEB - jacm, MAR - Sydney2008, APR - Ben Last, T Bird, The Stocktons & Heamish.

Congratulations to CO allocation - JAN - Mick UK, MAR - Littlehobo75 & Cheshire Mark APR - Rob & Kath

Good luck everyone, next update 21 September. Don t forget to update your details on beupdate coz that s where I get my info.

Cheers Jaq

Here is the update for 21 Sep. Not as much action as last week sadly.

199 applications. Welcome to new listers on be update. (Nov) PBP, Raja, Yaaaar. (Jan) Tomlinsons, Tabmu, Aryanic & (Feb) Michele 9 & (Apr) Dan & Nicki.

67 with a CO

44 are paperbased

6 paperbased with co

Congratulations to visa grants. NOV - Stefjt, DEC - Ripcanrell, JAN - Gipsy FEB - Edie209, Chris Nocola & Ellie, APR - Miss Sarah.

Congrats to Marooned NZ on the 176 visa grant too.

Congratulations to CO allocation - DEC - Rob & Ani, JAN - Alyson Chefs delight, Squeak, FEB - Rocket01, Kempster23a, Bahad Mourad APR - Oggis, Ozzy Lovers/ Moriart Gang & Dodge37.

Good luck everyone, next update 28 September. Don t forget to update your details on beupdate coz that s where I get my info.

Cheers Jaq

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the update for 28 Sep. A day late due to technical difficulties but it does include 29 Sep beupdates.

188 applications. Welcome to new listers on be update. (Sep) Nervous, (Nov) Mama101 & Sandrahal (Feb) Maizie & (Apr) Knowledge Gap.

70 with a CO

44 are paperbased

5 paperbased with co

Congratulations to visa grants. NOV - Mooncat, DEC - Steve & Lesley JAN - AshyB FEB - Kempster23a, Tinkerbelle146hp, Noofie, Mike & Kim & Tess (I saw your post) APR - Wizard.

Belated congrats to Moose & Karen Southerland who have their visas but have 2 listings on the beupdate. Makes the rest of our odds look better.

Congratulations to CO allocation - SEP - Brisbanebound (this is a guess after the immi e-mail update) DEC - Carlupe & Evian FEB - Giggles, Rob & Ewa, Br3tt, GeordieSue & BJMSA APR - BP.

Good luck everyone, next update 6 October. Don t forget to update your details on beupdate coz that's where I get my info. There have been no posts on this thread apart from mine for 2 weeks, are you still interested in the info?

Cheers Jaq

Here is the update for 5 Oct.

183 applications. Welcome to new listers on be update. (DEC) Clunky (MAR) Trev 64 & (Apr) Black Adder.

68 with a CO

43 are paperbased

5 paperbased with co

Congratulations to visa grants. DEC - Kaitlin FEB - X ray Babe MAR - FergieFamily, Curly in Dubai, The Coulsons & RJ Hopwood & APR Wendy Robinson.

Congratulations to CO allocation - DEC - Daan. Yes only 1.

Good luck everyone, next update 12 October. Don t forget to update your details on beupdate coz that's where I get my info.

Cheers Jaq

Guest jackief

Hi

I am also interested - applied on the 1st July so looks like I have ages to wait - ho hum!!

I wish I could just have something from them to say "hey we know your there and your in a queue and you will be dealt with in approx x amount of months" - then you could have something to hang on to.

You can probably sense the desparation hey:)

Hi

I am also interested - applied on the 1st July so looks like I have ages to wait - ho hum!!

I wish I could just have something from them to say "hey we know your there and your in a queue and you will be dealt with in approx x amount of months" - then you could have something to hang on to.

You can probably sense the desparation hey:)

Hi, I know exactly what you mean. We are rapidly running out of space & can t decide whether to rent somewhere bigger or to grin & bear it. Sods law says that if we rent somewhere & commit to 6 months lease we will get the visa the next day.

For now we will carry on changing our mind every day. lol

Jaq

Guest Rob&Ani

In our excitement about getting a CO in Sep (especially as we're paperbased), we've failed miserable to keep up to date with all your hard efforts. So jaq4chop we must thank you for your dilegence & industriousness for this thread.

We know you enjoy it as well, which helps, but we need to show our appreciation too! Not only is it another great way to see how everyone is doing with progressing forward, i.e. CO or Visa, its great, coz on the BEupdate you get to see where everyone is headed!!!

:yes:

Keep up the good work.

Ani & Rob

Here is the update for 13 Oct. A day late due to a mammoth hangover yesterday that rendered me unable to function. My liver had been evil & needed to be punished.

172 applications. Welcome to new listers on be update. (JAN) Niksrajput (MAR) Cleggster & Mianwo.

60 with a CO

43 are paperbased

4 paperbased with co

Congratulations to visa grants. SEP - AJ619, Surev. NOV - Angemange. DEC - Guyjac, NYA, Stenix. FEB - Giggles, Rob & Ewa, Hot & cold, Dunscombe Family. MAR - DJ, Gary. APR Black Adder, C McKenna & Dodge 37.

Congratulations to CO allocation - NOV - Darran & Charl, APR - Stuffy123.

Good luck everyone, next update 19 October. Don t forget to update your details on beupdate coz that's where I get my info.

Cheers Jaq

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the update for 2 Nov. Apologies for the lack of updates recently, momentary loss of the will to live or to have anything to do with anything visa related. Here is a bumper update.

157 applications. Welcome to new listers on be update.

69 with a CO

40 are paperbased

8 paperbased with co

Congratulations to visa grants. NOV - Manckarios, Darran & Charl. DEC - J&I, Rob & Ani. JAN - Kath&Hans. FEB - Rocket01, Loubie Green, Fabouliz, Br3tt, Sopanick, Geordiesue. MAR - Louise86. APR Tiger222, Molloy, Oggis & Moriarty Gang.

Congratulations to CO allocation - OCT - ZoeCark. NOV - Nicky, Rajag, J&D, Abelorn, Debbie, Dec- SaxonJ, Verndownunder, ABC99 JAN - Snowie71. I have updated my details in line with the weekly DIAC e-mail so everyone who applied on paper before 15 OCT or online bfore 7 DEC is recorded as having a case worker.

Good luck everyone, next update 9 November. Don t forget to update your details on beupdate coz that's where I get my info.

Cheers Jaq

Archived