Visiting Auss while awaiting 175 Visa ?

RaT

We have an on-line application in for a 175 Visa. I understand you have to be out of the country (Auss) when the visa is granted. What happens if you would like to visit Auss for a holiday/reccie etc during this time, especially if it is near the time when the visa may be granted? Do you have to wait till you have a CO and notify them of the dates you intend to be in Auss?

hi as long as you give them the dates & you've got a return flight booked then it really wont be a problem we went away just after putting the app in & no probs even if grant is due they will just hold off till after your return date then grant once you've left the country but keep them informed

hope this helps

Thanks for the info...who do you inform? your CO ? What if you don't have one yet?

hi we sent email with passport numbers on giving full dates arrival & departure & purpose but depending how long your into the visa process like the brammies say you could wait & use your validation trip as a rekki goodluck have you been before?

Yes we have been to Auss & NZ several times, and will be going again in the new year for about 3 weeks, this will be close to the time that we may get our visa. When we do get the Visa it is no problem to go and validate it as we will probably be going again later in the year (2009) so can validate then!

Hi

I'm in this position at the moment - am visiting Australia on 7 September on a reccie and have had to tell my agent the flight details etc, as they cannot grant the visa whilst I am in the country. She is trying to get visa through by the time I go, then I can validate on the reccie trip, but we will see if she manages to pull that off!!

Guest julie2g1b

hiya

if you go now at least when visa comes and your ready to go say next yr

you will still be able to get full use of baggage allowance as once you

validate visa's you only get the minimum amount..................just a thought.

julie :wubclub:

Archived