Are you supporting England,Aus or another country in the Olympics ?

Stuju

Guest earlswood

OHHHHHH, are there other Countries in the olympics then:GEEK: because the reporting over here points to only Australia competing...

Is England in the Olympics?

I know Australia is,you would need to be dead if you didn't know that.

I havn't seen any English medals yet,scoured the Internets machine and the TV station(well I'm in Australia) Nope not an English medal to be seen,Maybe England aren't competing this year.

No way England would win loads.England are great...Why don't they have a team in there.

That's the reason Australia is winning all the medals,England haven't entered this year,damn you England maybe you should put a team in in 2012.

Looking forward to seeing England at the next Olympics.

Guest Jaynie

I support both, however these Aussie Commentators are really bugging me at the moment, when Leisel Jones didn't win the Gold yestersday they sounded like she had come last or something....she got a bloody Silver Medal for goodness sake!

Also glad that Tamsin Lewis never got anywhere tonight, won't forgive her for dobbing on the Brits in the Commonwelath games after the brits won the Gold, she said something to get them disqualified and she also big noted herself and got nowhere!

Sorry Rant over now!!:yes::yes:

I support both, however these Aussie Commentators are really bugging me at the moment, when Leisel Jones didn't win the Gold yestersday they sounded like she had come last or something....she got a bloody Silver Medal for goodness sake!

Also glad that Tamsin Lewis never got anywhere tonight, won't forgive her for dobbing on the Brits in the Commonwelath games after the brits won the Gold, she said something to get them disqualified and she also big noted herself and got nowhere!

Sorry Rant over now!!:yes::yes:

Did she dob on them?

She should be a crim!

Guest moonraker1961

typical of the aussies.They win, everyone hears about it,lose?You might be lucky to hear the commentator muffle something lol

Guest JoanneHattersley

Australia all the way! Its my home!

However, if it is UK V Oz then my alliegance would sway to the UK!

Is England in the Olympics?

I know Australia is,you would need to be dead if you didn't know that.

I havn't seen any English medals yet,scoured the Internets machine and the TV station(well I'm in Australia) Nope not an English medal to be seen,Maybe England aren't competing this year.

No way England would win loads.England are great...Why don't they have a team in there.

That's the reason Australia is winning all the medals,England haven't entered this year,damn you England maybe you should put a team in in 2012.

Looking forward to seeing England at the next Olympics.

Hello Barab

I think they mean Great Britain.

But the news is to all you suffercated by the Aussie biased is we are right up with them the Aussies in the medal table.

Tune into the BBC world service.

Guest Jaynie
england arent in the olympics, or do you feel the contribution of Welsh, Scotish and Northern Irish athletes don't count?:arghh:

I don't think Julie meant what you are implying, she is English hence her wording, she knows it is Team GB and acknowledges that Ireland, Wales and Scotland are part of Team GB.

I think you are being over sensitive here.:yes:

Guest Dave53

GB for me .. I've been here 20 years and still support my homeland . Put it this way , if an Aussie lives in the UK , do they start supporting GB ??? ... I don't think so somehow !!. This Olympic coverage is no different to all the others since I've been here , totally biased in Australias favour . The only reason we saw the medal ceremony for the GB rowers the other night was because the Aussies won a medal too , otherwise the medal ceremony wouldn't have been broadcast , thats a fact . As for Channel 7 broadcasting in general , well , it's a joke .... Ooh I'll have to lie down and take a blood pressure pill now after this outburst :biglaugh:

Dave C

Guest austibeach

I'm fairly sure that England have never had an Olympics team, on the other hand the United Kingdom have, and is it particularly strange that a country should give coverage on TV of their own athletes, after all, I have just watched at length, Paula Radcliffe coming in 23rd in the marathon, complete with her being interviewed, and virtually no mention of the winner.

Eric.

Guest earlswood
I'm fairly sure that England have never had an Olympics team, on the other hand the United Kingdom have, and is it particularly strange that a country should give coverage on TV of their own athletes, after all, I have just watched at length, Paula Radcliffe coming in 23rd in the marathon, complete with her being interviewed, and virtually no mention of the winner.

Eric.

Hey...you live in Cornwall and you want to come to OZ:wacko:

Guest earlswood
And your point is......................?

Cornwall is beautiful lively and full of character and history…..Oz is………………………………...............

Oz.

I don't think Julie meant what you are implying, she is English hence her wording, she knows it is Team GB and acknowledges that Ireland, Wales and Scotland are part of Team GB.

I think you are being over sensitive here.:yes:

Can't she post that for herself?

We all know what she meant,but us Scottish,Welsh and Northern Irish don't really mind being part of team GB, but don't really appreciate being parochialised as being English.

Hello Barab

I think they mean Great Britain.

But the news is to all you suffercated by the Aussie biased is we are right up with them the Aussies in the medal table.

Tune into the BBC world service.

Yes I knew that mate.

I sometimes think that some people need reminded that there is more to the UK than just England.

How's things back in Blighty?

Were heading back to the land of the living very soon,we can taste it.

Can't wait.

Have you settled well?

Guest austibeach
Cornwall is beautiful lively and full of character and history…..Oz is………………………………...............

Oz.

Where my family live.

Would it be unreasonable to live my remaining years with the people I love most ?

Cornwall is indeed beautiful, but after commuting between here and Australia for the past 30 years or so, I'm ready to embrace the beauty that Australia offers.

Eric.

Where my family live.

Would it be unreasonable to live my remaing years with the people I love most ?

Cornwall is indeed beautiful, but after commuting between here and Australia for the past 30 years or so, I'm ready to embrace the beauty that Australia offers.

Eric.

Yeah do it mate!

Fair play to you,home is home no matter where that may be,if Oz is where you belong then I wish you all the luck.

I am going back to Scotland for the same reason,It's where my heart is!

Guest austibeach
Yeah do it mate!

Fair play to you,home is home no matter where that may be,if Oz is where you belong then I wish you all the luck.

I am going back to Scotland for the same reason,It's where my heart is!

As a fellow Scot, my heart will always be Scottish, it's where I was born, it's where my ancestors are buried, but life moves on and embracing the culture of the place that you choose to live in allows you to integrate and enjoy living there much more than if all you find are the negatives. Everywhere has something negative about it, there is no Utopia.

Good luck to you when you return to Scotland and I hope you are happy there, you've tried Australia and it wasn't for you, but at least you're making that decision from experience. No matter where a person moves, they will always look back and see the good in where they were before. If I moved to the house next door I would be looking across at my old house and thinking that the view from there was better, the same would be the case if I moved to the next town. Well the same story applies to moving to Australia, it's just magnified many times, largely by the distance involved.

It's not easy to make changes in your life, but sometimes we all have an overwhelming urge to try something different and that's what most people on here are trying to fulfill. For those people that the move hasn't been as good as they had hoped for, well I hope they can be happy moving back to the country of their choice, or the next town, or maybe even just back to the house next door.

Good luck,

Eric.

As a fellow Scot, my heart will always be Scottish, it's where I was born, it's where my ancestors are buried, but life moves on and embracing the culture of the place that you choose to live in allows you to integrate and enjoy living there much more than if all you find are the negatives. Everywhere has something negative about it, there is no Utopia.

Good luck to you when you return to Scotland and I hope you are happy there, you've tried Australia and it wasn't for you, but at least you're making that decision from experience. No matter where a person moves, they will always look back and see the good in where they were before. If I moved to the house next door I would be looking across at my old house and thinking that the view from there was better, the same would be the case if I moved to the next town. Well the same story applies to moving to Australia, it's just magnified many times, largely by the distance involved.

It's not easy to make changes in your life, but sometimes we all have an overwhelming urge to try something different and that's what most people on here are trying to fulfill. For those people that the move hasn't been as good as they had hoped for, well I hope they can be happy moving back to the country of their choice, or the next town, or maybe even just back to the house next door.

Good luck,

Eric.

Good post mate,I think you are spot on with what you say.

Australia Isn't the worst place to live It's just not for us,so I hope you have a happy experience back here and all the best with whatever you choose to do with your life.

Yes I knew that mate.

I sometimes think that some people need reminded that there is more to the UK than just England.

How's things back in Blighty?

Were heading back to the land of the living very soon,we can taste it.

Can't wait.

Have you settled well?

Hello Barb

Life is very good maybe better than before. I know I'm happy as I'm smiling again. I was a miserable sod in Aus at times, and thats no fun.

The land of the living is living. Some need a good kick up the arse but thats the world over.

Football season started today, getting to see freinds and family I've started to earn good money again. Life is good don't relly miss Oz at all.

Goood luck on your trip home hope all goes well.

John

Archived