Can you recommend a suburb near Armadale pls?

Guest rainbow

Guest rainbow

Mal,

I've been to the Beeb site again- you are absolutely right.

Their T & Cs mentioned that you have to be in the UK to watch the telly bit. I think you can still get the radio programmes, but I guess that's hardly a consolation with the football. Sigh...

:yes:

Should I *dodge* or catch the kanga snags?

Hi Sharon

Good luck with the wait. Hopefully it won't be for too long more...

I won't mind joining in a PIO meet if you will accept a non-PIO there

I have a confession - I can never ever be a PIO! We are actually singaporean chinese, and have been in the UK for the past 3 years. I'm quite fond of the UK, and it will always hold a special place in my heart cos my daughter was born here. She is a CBeebies addict and I think we will need the Beebs iplayer to tide her through any withdrawal symptoms LOL.

We are moving partly because we hope to be nearer my parents in Singapore, and also hopefully provide our daughter with a better lifestyle and more options in the future. We are also hoping for her to be raised in a more cosmopolitan environement. Now that we are nearly there, Hubby and I are actually rather ambivalent /reluctant to go...But I guess cold feet is pretty normal! We are hoping this would be our final move.

:cool: hi there, we can get the daughters chatting about cbeebies, and have a toast to a new future then , my daughter loves the night garden!! good luck with the move,like i said to my oh if we like we are never moving again we have moved house 4 times in 6 yrs arghhh.. we have just rented out our house here so we move out this fri, so fingers and toes crossed we get our visa, all the very best! by the way do the dvd's work over there will have to take the night garden and fimbles etctoo!

Guest rainbow
:yes: :cool: hi there, we can get the daughters chatting about cbeebies, and have a toast to a new future then , my daughter loves the night garden!! good luck with the move,like i said to my oh if we like we are never moving again we have moved house 4 times in 6 yrs arghhh.. we have just rented out our house here so we move out this fri, so fingers and toes crossed we get our visa, all the very best! by the way do the dvd's work over there will have to take the night garden and fimbles etctoo!

Hi Sharon

IKWYM about never moving again. This would be our 4th move since 2004. We also had to move house within the UK once too. The previous moves was easier as we did not have so much stuff. We seemed to have accumulated so much excess baggage since having a kid.

It didn't occur to be whether the DVDs would work there - I guess it may not because of the different codes. There are some clips on the CBeebies website. You can get some fimbles songs I think, and some interactive ITNG stuff. Useful for a rainy day.

My DD is only 25 mths - although she can name most of the CBeebies characters, and sings her version of some of the theme songs, she can't have a proper chat yet I'm afraid :0).

Good luck with your move too!

Hi Sharon

IKWYM about never moving again. This would be our 4th move since 2004. We also had to move house within the UK once too. The previous moves was easier as we did not have so much stuff. We seemed to have accumulated so much excess baggage since having a kid.

It didn't occur to be whether the DVDs would work there - I guess it may not because of the different codes. There are some clips on the CBeebies website. You can get some fimbles songs I think, and some interactive ITNG stuff. Useful for a rainy day.

My DD is only 25 mths - although she can name most of the CBeebies characters, and sings her version of some of the theme songs, she can't have a proper chat yet I'm afraid :0).

Good luck with your move too!

Hi

You can get multi region dvds or you can get codes off a website that makes your dvd play multi region

Malx

aka Billy 6m

hi rainbow, yep our little girl is two in october, so its a few words with a lot of yabbering in between! bless know waht you mean im doing tea break and pio while packing struth i never knew we had so much stuff! just said to what are we going to do with it all when we go to oz?? all the best,

hi rainbow, yep our little girl is two in october, so its a few words with a lot of yabbering in between! bless know waht you mean im doing tea break and pio while packing struth i never knew we had so much stuff! just said to what are we going to do with it all when we go to oz?? all the best,

Plenty of room in the houses, we have a big 2 and 3 seater settees and a dining seat, in the rental in nthe uk a 3 bed semi could just fit 2 seater in livin room 3 seater had to stop in kitchen.Over here theyare lost lol

Malx

Guest rainbow

I'll have to seek advice about sending stuff over to.

I wonder whether it is worthwhile to ship mattresses? I've read somewhere that it is not advisable as they tend to sag. But I thought it might be useful for the guest bedroom when in Oz.

Sharon, so maybe our LOs could chatter along after all! we have so much baby stuff, some of which I've given away, but most of which I'm reluctant to discard, just in case we have another one later on, and also for the sentimental value.

I'm worried that irreplacable stuff like photos might get lost in transit, and am tempted to fly with them. Except that albums are so heavy!

hi ya , did you ship stuff can't decide what to do , we dont have any antique stuff or anything but quite like what we do have, tryying to work out if its worth it or will it cost more to replace everything .

Hi

We took a lot of stuff settes dfs 2500 grand 2 year old and other stuff bed etc. cost 1500 + insurance haalf a container if your stuff is ok why splash out like other posters have said its great when it gets here like christmas

mally

We brought a full container. The mattresses by the way were fine, we're still using it on the double bed in the spare bedroom.

To ship or not to ship is a personal choice. For us, our furniture wasn't antique quality - but it was good quality and we would have only been able to sell it for a fraction of what it cost us. I have an Antique pine dining table and sideboard, which I wouldn't have been able to replace at Ikea (although I love Ikea). As I say, we brought everything but we still had to buy a bed for our son, bedroom draweres for the childrens rooms (their furniture in UK was all built in), we eventually bought new bedroom furniture for our room, BBQ, Patio Furniture, Fridge Freezer for kitchen and a seconds one for the garage, Sofa for family room, TV - it all adds up. Whilst I would have loved a shopping spree - I would probably have bought what I needed rather than what I really wanted (I went off the drawers in my sons bedroom very quickly lol). As Mal says it's like Christmas when you're stuff arrived, and having familiar stuff around you in your home, does make you feel a little more settled (well it did us). We've spent a good $10 - 12,000 on furniture here already.

Our container cost about £3,800 with insurance and it was packed!

Ali

thanks ali, these are the the thoughts my oh and i are having, i actually like my stuff, and we said last night the settee's cost nearly 3,000 2 yrs ago so if it costs that much all the other stuff is paid for, because to sell second hand here you get nothing..its all the extra's like bikes etc anbd household take us years to replace esp on one wage,

Guest rainbow

Thanks Ali and Mally for the tips. Glad to hear the mattresses are OK. It will help to defray some of the start-up costs.

Fortunately, we are in a furnished rental at the moment, so it would be mainly clothes, books, baby junk. The main bulky items are a kingsized bed and a single bed and 2 chest of drawers and an exercise machine that is seldom used. no other bulky funiture. We are undecided about the telly DVD and hi fi set. Will probably not bring the telly over.

Our CO emailed us today, we now all have our visas! wooo hoooooo!!!!!!!!!

Guest New to Perth

Hi, I have been in Perth a few weeks now and also work in Armadale. I am currently in Temp accommodation in Burswood I get the train to work which takes about 35 mins. People at work have suggested East Victoria park to me, which is about 20-25 mins from Armadale. But it is also only about 10-15mins from the City, so you can get in and out easily as and when you please. It also has its own high street there with a few shops/pubs, etc. I don't know a great deal about it myself yet, but it might be another option to look at.

Guest rainbow
Hi, I have been in Perth a few weeks now and also work in Armadale. I am currently in Temp accommodation in Burswood I get the train to work which takes about 35 mins. People at work have suggested East Victoria park to me, which is about 20-25 mins from Armadale. But it is also only about 10-15mins from the City, so you can get in and out easily as and when you please. It also has its own high street there with a few shops/pubs, etc. I don't know a great deal about it myself yet, but it might be another option to look at.

Many thanks for the tip. We will check out East Victoria Park if we can.

Archived