Info on initial entry needed

hedgehog

We have an initial entry date of june 14 2007, I know this means we must be in oz before this date. The question is if we have not sold our home in time then money is going to make it difficult for us to stay in oz, so how long do we have to stay before we can return to the UK? So we can return here to our jobs and home until the house is sold, then go back to Australia again. I know this an expensive way to do it as it means paying for flights for 4 people, but I would like to know all my options before we can make a decision.

Guest CATH1974

yes our entry expiry date is Oct 23 07 and we have been told we need to enter oz before that date but there is no specific time we have to stay there, we ahve visas for General Skilled Migration so we are not sure if it only has to be my husband who is the main applicant who has to go and validate the visas, if you find out please let us know!

Guest Gollywobbler

10 minutes in Australia will do according to the legislation. (The sheer absurdity of this notion is one of my personal grouses about the legislation.)

Technically, one can arrive on a flight from, say, Singapore. Go through Immi Control and get the passort stamped. Collect baggage. Go straight to check-in for the same plane headed back to Singapore, which is still there and boarding for the return flight to Singapore.

It really does strike me as a stupid provision unless a Migration Agent (which I'm not) is able to defend it in some way? The only thing I can think of is that the visa-idea is a Contract with the Australian Govt which will be void or voidable for uncertainty unless there is a back-stop date in it?

Good question though.

Cheers

Gill

Archived