Health Waived Experiences

Hello,

I am just hoping to get some experiences regarding the health waiver. My American husband has had a kidney transplant and while I am confident due to doing this many moons ago for my ex, and also going through the US process ourselves, I just would feel more confident if I could bounce my ideas and talk to someone who has been successful. I did see that there was a member here who had a kidney transplant and did it himself but he hasn’t been active for some time. Hopefully there’s someone else! I’m desperate to go home.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Cilla said:

Hello,

I am just hoping to get some experiences regarding the health waiver. My American husband has had a kidney transplant and while I am confident due to doing this many moons ago for my ex, and also going through the US process ourselves, I just would feel more confident if I could bounce my ideas and talk to someone who has been successful. I did see that there was a member here who had a kidney transplant and did it himself but he hasn’t been active for some time. Hopefully there’s someone else! I’m desperate to go home.

Thank you!

He did a kidney transplant himself ? I find cutting my toenails as a surgical challenge 😂

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I wouldn't recommend attempting to go through the process nowadays without a good agent.   Things have got a lot more complex and demanding.  

George Lombard was always the go-to migration agent for people with medical issues. He's currently with Playfair  https://playfair.com.au/migration-services/

Thanks. I did contact him but was roughly quoted 8-10k. I mean, it’s worth it to go home but I also don’t have it lol.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Cilla said:

Thanks. I did contact him but was roughly quoted 8-10k. I mean, it’s worth it to go home but I also don’t have it lol.

If thats 8-10k $Au. its probably about right for a complex case. He's definitely one of the best.

And though I hate to say it, thats a drop in the ocean compared to the entire migration/set-up cost these days.

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

If thats 8-10k $Au. its probably about right for a complex case. He's definitely one of the best.

And though I hate to say it, thats a drop in the ocean compared to the entire migration/set-up cost these days.

Yeah, it is in AUD. Definitely but I am so homesick. I’ll have to make it work. Thanks!

Health waiver issues are commonplace and good agents who have been registered for a few years will have advised on a wide range of health issues including kidney transplants. I know George and Petra from Playfair. Both are very good and well respected but anyone who has been an agent for 10+ years will pretty much have seen it all.

What I would suggest is have a paid consultation with a MARA agent to specifically discuss the health issue (forget paid consultations as you will not receive personalised written advice). This way, you will receive professional personalised advice with your questions answered in writing. I would encourage you to compile a written summary of facts which you should email the agent prior to the consult. That way, they will have had time to review  and consider prior to the consult.

Typically an hour consult should be between $200- $300 for an hour. Based on the outcome of that conversation, you can them better assess your visa options moving forward. This would be a much better option than signing up for a visa application, then falling over at the first hurdle. Instead, it would be best to deal with that hurdle first before committing your hard earned $.

I hope you find this useful.

• Like 1

On 07/06/2024 at 09:26, Steve Elliott said:

Health waiver issues are commonplace and good agents who have been registered for a few years will have advised on a wide range of health issues including kidney transplants. I know George and Petra from Playfair. Both are very good and well respected but anyone who has been an agent for 10+ years will pretty much have seen it all.

What I would suggest is have a paid consultation with a MARA agent to specifically discuss the health issue (forget paid consultations as you will not receive personalised written advice). This way, you will receive professional personalised advice with your questions answered in writing. I would encourage you to compile a written summary of facts which you should email the agent prior to the consult. That way, they will have had time to review  and consider prior to the consult.

Typically an hour consult should be between $200- $300 for an hour. Based on the outcome of that conversation, you can them better assess your visa options moving forward. This would be a much better option than signing up for a visa application, then falling over at the first hurdle. Instead, it would be best to deal with that hurdle first before committing your hard earned $.

I hope you find this useful.

Yes! Definitely going to do a consultation first. Thank you!

Posted (edited)
On 07/06/2024 at 09:26, Steve Elliott said:

Typically an hour consult should be between $200- $300 for an hour.

I’m sure that’s right but that really is a lot of money an hour

Im a chartered engineer. Had to do A levels, bachelor degree, masters degree, chartered engineer assessment and I reckon I’d charge out at less than that

I really wish I’d quit school and 16 to dig holes and pour concrete in them I’d earn more 😂

Edited by can1983

On 09/06/2024 at 19:41, can1983 said:

I’m sure that’s right but that really is a lot of money an hour

I'm a chartered engineer. Had to do A levels, bachelor degree, masters degree, chartered engineer assessment and I reckon I’d charge out at less than that

I really wish I’d quit school and 16 to dig holes and pour concrete in them I’d earn more 😂

Typically a professional charge out rate is 3x what the individual earns. Overheads take a big chunk of revenue.

A one hour consult will often take 2 -3 hours of effort. Background reading, the consult itself, extensive note taking and data entry followed up written advice are rarely completed under 2 hours.

Obtaining quality professional advice can be worth its weight in gold and potentially would be a very small component of the overall immigration cost. 

Trust me, life as a tradie would be a lot more straight forward and lucrative! 🙂