Need any advice- Visa - moving

BrettyM

Hello Guys 

I am thinking/finding out if I can move to Australia to be with my sister who married an Australian man in the Uk and emigrated 10 years ago they have 2 kids near Sydney. I am 43 and my wife 40. 

I am her brother and I live in the UK, Surrey, our mother sadly has passed away 2 months ago and I am my sisters only direct family member left. I have 3 children and they have no direct cousins in the uk, twin girls age 8, a boy 12 and my wife who is Latvian born. Latvian passport she also has no family in the UK. They are in Latvia and France.

My Wife is also studying a level 5 diploma in nutrition and health coaching through well college global based in Sydney,  and she has a diploma in Naturopathic Nutrition by the school of modern naturopathy. Which I think is recognised in OZ. 

I run a business called Cadmap Limited (land topographical and measured building surveying) with 17 employees in Surrey UK, which I would like to continue working on if I moved, remotely as I work from home anyway, If that’s even possible or I would I have to sell the company to release funds. Ideally I’d like to expand my business in Australia and employ local People. 

As a family we currently have £360k equity in my house and my business is worth some money. Plus I could take some money out for investment. 

My nephew who lives in Australia wants to start a business with me if I came. 

Would we be accepted being the last remaining family member or would andy be able to advise us with other visas / applications?

Regards 

Mike Brett

https://cadmap.co.uk

Posted (edited)

You’re married so your Australian relative isn’t your last remaining relative. Rather than leaving highly detailed personal information on a public forum you’d be better talking to one of the registered MARA agents who advise on here and get professional advice about your options. You’re getting to the end of the age range so you’d better get your skates on. You might want to ask a moderator to edit out a lot of that detail though - this is a public forum of random people. 

Edited by Quoll

47 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

One major thing to look at is your wife's status n the UK. If she is not a UK citizen, would she need to be sponsored for a (hugely expensive) Spouse visa if you wished to return?

Hi Nemesis - she has a Latvian passport not British. When you say expensive?

Subclass 309/100 - AUD $8,850

Prices do go up in July and I’m not sure by how much. 

I would advise getting in touch with a migration agent to discuss your options, most will offer a free first initial consultation.

8 minutes ago, BrettyM said:

Hi Nemesis - she has a Latvian passport not British. When you say expensive?

I'm guessing your wife has "indefinite leave to remain" in the UK?  The thing is, "indefinite" does not mean indefinite.  If she leaves the UK for a continuous period of more than two years, she'll lose it.  So if Australia doesn't work out and you decide to return to the UK after a couple of years, you'll have to go through the whole process of getting a new UK spouse visa from scratch (and of course, that means meeting the financial/job requirements).  I assume you've done it once so you know how it works.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jgspeak3 said:

Subclass 309/100 - AUD $8,850

Prices do go up in July and I’m not sure by how much. 

I would advise getting in touch with a migration agent to discuss your options, most will offer a free first initial consultation.

This is the Aus partner visa which doesn’t apply to the OP. Nemesis was referring to the UK visa which has a savings or income requirement. 😊

But the OP definitely needs to speak to an agent as age is against them and I don’t think they will qualify for a remaining relative when everyone involved is married with children.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

This is the Aus partner visa which doesn’t apply to the OP. Nemesis was referring to the UK visa which has a savings or income requirement. 😊

But the OP definitely needs to speak to an agent as age is against them and I don’t think they will qualify for a remaining relative when everyone involved is married with children.

She’s been here since 2006 just needs to get her UK passport sorted. I’m 44 in early July

Posted (edited)

Basically won’t get in I guess. Time and the right visa. I’m speaking to an agent Wednesday who is top. 

My kids have no direct cousins here, I stayed here for mum who sadly passed away in March. My sister went years ago. I couldn’t leave her alone here. My father died when I was 20. My wife has no family here they’re in France and Latvia. So we have no direct family apart from each other and our kids. 

Edited by BrettyM

I want to be with my remaining direct family. Sister, partner and my niece and nephew. 

They have just returned home after visiting, they missed their connecting flight so their stuck in Singapore ATM. 

45 minutes ago, BrettyM said:

Basically won’t get in I guess. Time and the right visa. I’m speaking to an agent Wednesday who is top. 

My kids have no direct cousins here, I stayed here for mum who sadly passed away in March. My sister went years ago. I couldn’t leave her alone here. My father died when I was 20. My wife has no family here they’re in France and Latvia. So we have no direct family apart from each other and our kids. 

As long as the agent is mara registered, so they don’t make promises they can’t keep and take your money anyway. Plenty of ill informed shysters out there. They will be able to look at the exact details of your case and then at least you’ll know for sure. There might be some pathway for you. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Good luck. 😊

16 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

As long as the agent is mara registered, so they don’t make promises they can’t keep and take your money anyway. Plenty of ill informed shysters out there. They will be able to look at the exact details of your case and then at least you’ll know for sure. There might be some pathway for you. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Good luck. 😊

Thank you - yes he is MARA. Thanks for your help

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BrettyM said:

I want to be with my remaining direct family. Sister, partner and my niece and nephew. 

They have just returned home after visiting, they missed their connecting flight so they’re stuck in Singapore ATM. 

Last remaining relative visas are taking up to 50 years to process according to the website so I wouldn’t be holding my breath for that one.  Sadly, what you want and what you may be able to achieve are two entirely different things. Lots of people have no family where they are, you get used to it.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BrettyM said:

Not wishing to be harsh, just being realistic,

Having no cousins in the same country means nothing, Many people have no cousins at all, anywhere. You and your wife both have family, its irrelevant to Oz Immigration as to which country they are in) And a wife/partner and kids - well, they ARE your direct family unit. 

If you are to get in at all it will be on the basis of skills, not family. 

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 1