New 2 site, waiting for our visa and would love advice!!!!!

Guest CppSco

Guest CppSco

Hello to you all!!

My name is Lindsay and my husband Scott, and children aged 7 and 2 are hoping to move to Australia. Our visa was receipted mid November so we are just waiting to hear. This site is fab for info and we need all the help we can get as we are not sure where to move to. At the moment we are thinking about Brisbane or Melbourne. Scott is a chargehand joiner for a large company here, mainly working on large construction and would like to do the same over there.

Does anyone know where would be the best place to settle for this trade?

Are the visa's normally through within the 12 months, it is a skilled independant?

We are looking to visit in May/June to decide where to move and possibly make job contacts, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for any info, Scott, Lindsay and kids!!!!! x x

Hiya we arrived in Brisbane early November,it took about 13mth for our visa (136 skilled )but we did have a few med queries.Our kids are 3 &8 we have all settled fine,school is sorted for January,Gary is working in Southport on the Gold Coast and overall we are loving it .Brisbane is everything we wanted and everyone we have met is so helpful ,people do genuinely seem to care over here,if i can help you ion anyway just ask

Take Care

Cal x

Guest CppSco

Hi Cal,

Thank you for that, it sounds good and our kids are around the same age so it's nice to hear that you are settling in well. I like the idea of Brisbane but my OH is a bit worried about the heat, as his job means he works out doors alot. After working in and around Newcastle it will be quite a change!!!

The process seems really long and I am aware that there is a delay. I was hoping to be out B4 Chrismas, that seems doubtful and we will probably look at 2008 now. Thanks for your reply, I'm sure I will be asking a lot more questions in due course!!!!!!! xx

Lindsay&Scott x

Hi

My wife and I are in the process of doing a 136 skilled visa as she is a teacher.

We were told last week that we have passed the skills assessment and that they now require us to get the Police and Medical checks done

Although it will be'10 to 13 months ' from now until the visa is granted

We are heading to the Gold Coast to Pacific Pines and would love to be there b4 christmas although Jan 2008 is looking likely

Tanya& Andy

Guest CppSco

Hi Tanya&Andy

We have not been asked for meds or police checks yet. There seems to be quite a backlog and we will still have a long wait I think. Have you been to Queensland to decide where you want to be? January 2008 will come around quick and there's so much to organise B4 going!!

Good luck with your application.

Lindsay&Scott x

Hi Lindsay&Scott

We visited with no intention of emigrating in August 2005 to my uncle in Melbourne then an ex colleague in the Gold Coast. For both of us there was no comparison Melbourne is too much like England or London or indeed a big town like Newcastle but the Gold Coast is paradise with all year round good weather the best being in the winter. The beach at Surfers Paradise is IS the longest, Biggest you WILL EVER SEE and the people are friendly. So about as far removed from London as you could hope for.

We can have a four bedroom detached house with a swimming pool built for approximately half the value of our 3 bed semi in south London

It's a no brainer!

Pacific pines and many surrounding towns just away from the coast are perfect for a young family and with it being an enterprise zone it is still and will be for years a bulding site

Guest CppSco

Hello Again!

Thank you for that information. We are planning a trip out there in June spending most of our time in and around Brisbane, so we will definately be checking out the areas that you have mentioned.

The house prices sound really good there to which is a bonus!!

Lindsay&Scottx

Archived