Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Points-Tested Stream) - Payment

You pay for things like language tests and vetassess up front before you apply.

At this point you can submit your EOI

Assuming you get an invite you then pay for the visa processing fee for each visa you need. As the prime applicant you pay full price any accompanying adult is 50% and kids (I think) are 25%. You'll also need to pay for medicals and police checks.

The only fee that is incremental (i.e. you pay in stages) is the fee to your agent (if you have one) who often charges at various milestones in the process

1 hour ago, Louise1234 said:

Is that ontop of the fee's for the agent? TIA we are also a family of four

Yes it is, the agent fees will be around £2,000 on top of the visa fees (well depending on how much/little you get them to do)

3 hours ago, Louise1234 said:

Is that ontop of the fee's for the agent? TIA we are also a family of four

Plus medicals (say £1300), skills assessment (varies depending on occupation - can be £1000+) and other sundries 

Ok thanks. Only concern I have is what happens if your application is rejected for some reason - is there some sort of refund?

I imagine they will ask for a medical (x4) at some point. If so (not sure what tests they do) and something crops up which causes an issue it would be good to get something back. I cant find any info on this sort of situation anywhere.

I hear some people get medicals before submitting but then some say you cant now until told to do so - what is the actual correct process here please, does anyone know?

Just want to tick all possible boxes before submission.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Louise1234 said:

Ok thanks. Only concern I have is what happens if your application is rejected for some reason - is there some sort of refund?

I imagine they will ask for a medical (x4) at some point. If so (not sure what tests they do) and something crops up which causes an issue it would be good to get something back. I cant find any info on this sort of situation anywhere.

I hear some people get medicals before submitting but then some say you cant now until told to do so - what is the actual correct process here please, does anyone know?

Just want to tick all possible boxes before submission.

Thanks.

No refunds.  If you are all healthy with no specific issues you shouldn’t have a problem with medicals. Just make sure you have all the required documents before you submit your EOI, skill assessment, language tests etc .  It is an expensive process, that is why people pay for an agent to help to ensure they get it right!