Moving to aus on british passport

cwh

Hi! i’m from the UK and last year i got my australian citizenship via descent. i went to perth for 3 months in feb of this year and entered without any problems on my british passport (they just had to do some checks when i landed) i was just wondering if it will be fine as next year i’m moving to perth permanently for uni and i still only have my british passport, will it still be fine to enter on the british passport as it’ll be a one way ticket? i’m planning on getting my passport when i get to aus. thanks. 

It would be better to get your Australian passport now.

An Australian citizen is supposed to always enter and leave Australia using an Australian passport and cannot be issued a Visa.

You may have trouble booking your flight with no visa and no passport. Your Australian passport will later always be used to check when you first entered the country for any welfare benefits etc too.

• Like 2

I think you must have posted this question twice because I just answered it elsewhere - the answer is still going to be the same.  Be responsible and follow the rules. Get your Aus passport.  You dont have to have an Australian to sign your photograph - anyone in the listed professions can do it for you.  My son got his renewed earlier this year but needed a photo signed as he had let his lapse as he has been in UK for a long time.  He got a work colleague to sign it because he was in one of the listed professions - it's easy to do and will involve an appointment at Bush House but that's it.

• Like 1