190 visa EOI

Hi
We are hoping to get to either VIC or NSW on a 190 visa. If we used our two separate email addresses could we set up two separate EOIS? One for VIC and one for NSW, or would they know we had done two?
If it's a bad thing to do, we will just pick one and hope!
It's better to do two separate eois as I have heard. You will have separate eoi number for each and you can even use same email address also.

53 minutes ago, Welshieabroad said:

Thank you. I'll do that 🙂

No! Don't!    If you apply to two states, neither of them will invite you.  The states want people who are genuinely keen on living in their state and nowhere else.  This fact was confirmed by a reputable migration agent on this forum just recently.  Pick one.

No! Don't!    If you apply to two states, neither of them will invite you.  The states want people who are genuinely keen on living in their state and nowhere else.  This fact was confirmed by a reputable migration agent on this forum just recently.  Pick one.
This is the information from migration agent too. Hope you get information by migration agent too . This is what I know .I made separate eois. Hoping for invite too.

14 minutes ago, Welshieabroad said:

Would they know if it was two separate EOI?

They might well ask if you have applied for any others, and then you have to decide whether to admit to it and reduce your chances, or lie and potentially ruin them entirely.  I think the advice from the member with thousand of posts is probably better taken than the advice of someone with 11 posts.

We would genuinely like to live in either so it wouldn't matter which chose us as we would just live there. 

I just don't want to ruin my chances.

If two separate emails addresses with an EOI each would work, I just thought that it would double my chance of getting selected. I only have 70 points 😞

I'd not want to ruin my chances altogether though. At what point do they ask about other states? If it is at the beginning I wouldn't lie about it, so I'd only choose one. If they don't ask until you lodge, I could potentially just withdraw my other one before stating that I'm not applying elsewhere? Or would that not work?

It's so tricky trying to work out the right one to go for! I wish we had one in mind rather than either!

14 hours ago, Welshieabroad said:

I'd not want to ruin my chances altogether though. At what point do they ask about other states?

They don't ask, they can see it on the system.  Two separate emails won't fool them for long if your names and addresses are the same

If you only have 70 points, have you done the English test?

54 minutes ago, Welshieabroad said:

Yes,I got 20 points for that. It's my age and no Aussie experience that lets me down 😞

That's a shame.  The good news is that pre-Covid, 70 points wouldn't have been enough -- however teachers have been invited at that level this year so that's good news.

I just checked your old posts. I thought when you mentioned two email addresses, that you and your partner were both eligible to apply as the main applicant so you'd each put one in.  I now realise it's just you. That means even if you used different email addresses, you'd still have the same name and address on both so it wouldn't take them long to work it out.  Definitely a bad idea IMO, in that case. 

TBH with low points, I would hire an agent, or at least get one to check over your application before you submit (you can ask them to quote for just a check-over, some will, some won't).   A good agent might also have an idea which state is hiring more teachers.

Thanks so much for your help.

Does it look better if you have gone through an agent? Are they more likely to select you do you think?

Is there any way of finding out which state has invited more teachers? I've tried that website where you can put in two data parameters but it's a bit basic in terms of working out which state is best to go with.

I will scrap the multiple EOI idea. I might do one for six months then withdraw and do another for 6 months or something instead. 

Or just accept if I'm not invited in a year for the chosen state, that it isn't going to happen. Just need to chose one now. I think it will probably be NSW tbh. So I'll focus my attention on that one. 

Thanks again 🙂

17 minutes ago, Welshieabroad said:

Does it look better if you have gone through an agent? Are they more likely to select you do you think?

Is there any way of finding out which state has invited more teachers

Officially it doesn't make any difference.  Personally, I think it does.   Immigration knows that good agents know their business, so when they pick up an application that's been done by an agent, it's got to have a psychological effect, I think.  

Like I said, that's one advantage of hiring an agent. They know a lot more about what goes on behind the scenes than we do.  

From the NSW website:

Basic eligibility

To be considered for NSW nomination, at a minimum, you must meet the following basic criteria:

• Meet all requirements outlined by Home Affairs for this visa 
  • Be skilled in an occupation that is:
    • within an ANZSCO unit group identified on the NSW skills list for this visa; AND
    • is eligible for the visa
  • Be currently residing in NSW, or offshore, and have continuously done so for a minimum period of six months
  • Have submitted an EOI SkillSelect seeking nomination for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) only and NSW only  ”
  • Like 2

Thanks.

Yes, I meet all of the NSW criteria, it's just with 70 points, I'm not sure of my chances.

We have a young family who are more interested in being outdoors and not really city living type people. Plus I think VIC might get a bit hot for us!

Like I said, we'd happily go with either tbh!

1 minute ago, Welshieabroad said:

Are you an agent who looks over applications done by people or do you not offer that service?

I am happy to answer specific questions on an application during a consultation, but I don’t offer a blanket “review” service. 

1 hour ago, Welshieabroad said:

We have a young family who are more interested in being outdoors and not really city living type people. Plus I think VIC might get a bit hot for us!

Fair enough.    NSW has several regional towns on the coast with great beaches, the biggest being Newcastle (recommended) and Wollongong.   Victoria isn't known for its beach lifestyle and most of the big regional towns are inland.  

It's funny you should say Victoria might be too hot because most of NSW gets hotter than Victoria does.  In fact that's one of the reasons I moved to Melbourne!

4 hours ago, paulhand said:

I am happy to answer specific questions on an application during a consultation, but I don’t offer a blanket “review” service. 

It is specific questions I have really. I'm confident with most of it and I have all the documents ready (I think!)

I spent a long time going over a few points such as the partner occupation (he's a mechanical engineer but not enough points to apply as primary) and we aren't getting a skills assessment for him as it takes so long for his occupation. The work experience caught me out too for a while as the maternity leave element needed some thought, but I think I'm pretty much there with it now. I just need my skills assessment back then I can hit send!

9 hours ago, Welshieabroad said:

Newcastle and Wollongong have both been recommended to me before 🙂

I believe they are usually a bit cooler with being by the coast?

Yes, all over Australia you'll find that the coast is always the coolest.  The further inland you go, the hotter it gets, unless you can get up a mountain.  Having said that, you don't have to go far inland for it to get hot -- it's the sea breezes that cool things down, and they don't go far.  For instance, in Sydney, when it's 30 degrees in Bondi, it can be over 40 degrees in Parramatta (further inland, but still part of Sydney).  Penrith (another Sydney suburb) was the hottest place on earth on one day back in January, at 49.8 degrees.  

I'm sure others will drop in to reassure you that the really hot temperatures only last for two or three months, and that's true.  The winters are gorgeous on the NSW coast, sunny and mild.  Whereas Victoria is cold in winter!   When I moved from Sydney to Melbourne, I had to go out and buy gloves, scarves and woolly hats again.  I'm just one of those people who turns into a wet rag in high humidity so I couldn't handle the warm humid weather in Sydney all the way from November to March. 

Edited by Marisawright