190 Visa Processing Times

Loopyxx

Hey Everyone,

I know the 190 Visa can take anywhere between 87 days and 36 months as advised by the home affairs website.  

But I just wondered how long it took for you guys to obtain your 190 and if it was longer end of the spectrum was that because there were issues with the application?  

I’m just trying to guesstimate a timeframe of when we could potentially be looking at leaving the UK, which will allow me to guesstimate how much I need to be saving for the move….. 💵 💵💵😂

thank you 😊 

Unfortunately, it's impossible to say.  The longer wait time is nothing to do with "issues with your application".   If there are issues with your application, they'll just reject it.  They're too busy to muck around asking you if you made a mistake or missed something out (which is one reason most of us recommend using an agent these days).  

It's more to do with their workload, and how desperate they are for your particular skills.  For instance, at one time, medical staff were getting invited very fast.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ausvisitor said:

My timeline is as follows

Feb 2019 engaged agent

Apr 2019 put in for sponsorship from NSW via EOI

May 2019 sponsorship granted and given link to apply for 190 visa

June 2019 visa application submitted

Dec 2019 visa granted

Wow that’s fast!

I am interested in this also! We are just waiting on ANMAC to review my wife's skill assessment and the go for EOI with Paul Hand in support. I would like to get an idea of how long visas are taking as I think if I am right Paul will be applying for the 189 and 190. I am really hoping it does not take 36 months as that seems like a lifetime away. 

What's everyone's experience? My wife is a mental health nurse/therapist so hoping that they might fast track it if that is a thing due to the shortage. 

8 hours ago, StevenP said:

I am interested in this also! We are just waiting on ANMAC to review my wife's skill assessment and the go for EOI with Paul Hand in support. I would like to get an idea of how long visas are taking

Paul is in a better position than any of us to give you that answer!  We've all got our visas at least a year ago, and most of us far longer ago than that -- so our experience isn't relevant. It's what's happening now that matters, and Paul will know.

10 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Paul is in a better position than any of us to give you that answer!  We've all got our visas at least a year ago, and most of us far longer ago than that -- so our experience isn't relevant. It's what's happening now that matters, and Paul will know.

That is fair enough I was just really wondering if anyone has been granted one recently and the timeline. I think we will be going for the 189 so question might be irrelevant anyway. I won’t bother Paul just now as I know he’s busy but when we engage after the skills assessment results are back. 

11 hours ago, StevenP said:

That is fair enough I was just really wondering if anyone has been granted one recently and the timeline. I think we will be going for the 189 so question might be irrelevant anyway. I won’t bother Paul just now as I know he’s busy but when we engage after the skills assessment results are back. 

I know it's too late now, but the better time to engage him would have been before the skills assessment.

My agent gave me loads of tips on the best way to prep and submit the skills assessment, and if you get that wrong the dream is over.

Arguably my agent was more helpful prior to submitting the EOI than afterwards (as in doing all the due diligence to give advice we collated pretty much everything we needed for the whole process so there were no surprises)

18 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

I know it's too late now, but the better time to engage him would have been before the skills assessment.

My agent gave me loads of tips on the best way to prep and submit the skills assessment, and if you get that wrong the dream is over.

Arguably my agent was more helpful prior to submitting the EOI than afterwards (as in doing all the due diligence to give advice we collated pretty much everything we needed for the whole process so there were no surprises)

To be fair the process to submit an application to ANMAC did not appear to be difficult. I am not sure how the dream is over if you get this wrong can you not do it again? To be honest I am not really sure what you could do wrong other than submit poor quality documents etc... I have engaged with Paul to start the prep for the EOI and will use him going forward which is the most sensible thing to do. I hope i am not missing something when you say "if you get that wrong the dream is over"? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/07/2023 at 19:42, cg9456 said:

Any progress yet? I finally lodged my application and passed medicals mid-June for the 190 and still waiting for an outcome 🙂 

There are back logs with the Skills Assessment reviews so I’m still awaiting the results before I can even submit my EOI, lol!! 

Trying to see the positive side, the longer it takes, the longer I have to save!! Although I am getting a little nervous, I turn 40 in April!