Medical exam question - possible TB

Sabs

Hi All,

My wife got her medicals done on December 28th for our 189 skilled visa. We received Form 884: Opinion of Medical Officer which says that my wife's health assessments have been deferred "as I do not have sufficient information to determine whether or not they meet the health requirement". According to the report, her chest X-ray shows RLZ opacities. They've asked for further tests like smears and cultures of sputum and another chest X-ray after 3 months.

This has really upset us as we were expecting a clear result. We're not sure what the next step should be. If further tests do show TB, does that mean a visa refusal?

Any help will be appreciated!

I don't have any help to give, but this exact problem happened on my father-in-law's tourist visa application. 

The Dr in our family had a very similar reaction to what DrDougster's was. From a visa perspective, once he had further testings to submit straight away, there is now a 3 month wait before he can submit again.

Interested to hear how it works out for you, and hope all is good with your wife's health.

On 10/01/2023 at 12:21, DrDougster said:

Has she been referred to a chest physician? This would, as a chest physician, be my immediate concern rather than which migration agent to speak to!

Yes, the letter mentions to consult with the panel pulmonologist. We have an appointment with our family physician too to see what could be the reason. She is asymptomatic otherwise, which is why this result was more upsetting. The medical center didn't provide us with the X-ray film, so we've had another one done at a private lab. Now waiting for our physician's consultation.

On 10/01/2023 at 18:21, WayneM said:

I don't have any help to give, but this exact problem happened on my father-in-law's tourist visa application. 

The Dr in our family had a very similar reaction to what DrDougster's was. From a visa perspective, once he had further testings to submit straight away, there is now a 3 month wait before he can submit again.

Interested to hear how it works out for you, and hope all is good with your wife's health.

Since the medical center didn't give us a copy of the X-ray, we had one done at a private lab. Will be going to our family doctor and see what he says. Hoping it's a minor issue!