Missed visa submission deadline from EOI

Neet

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help or has experience with this. 

I may miss the submission deadline for my invitation for a 189 visa (I had a 60 day timeline to submit) because I am waiting for one more document that needs to be uploaded for my skills assessment. 

does anyone know if I can get an extension or what the process is if do not submit my 189 within 60days and miss the deadline?

I need help or advice urgently as my deadline is in 2 days time. 

Thanks in advance,

Falguni

13 hours ago, Neet said:

I may miss the submission deadline for my invitation for a 189 visa (I had a 60 day timeline to submit) because I am waiting for one more document that needs to be uploaded for my skills assessment. 

does anyone know if I can get an extension or what the process is if do not submit my 189 within 60days and miss the deadline?

I doubt it, because you should have completed your skills assessment before you submitted your EOI.  If you didn't have your skills assessment, how did you know you were eligible to submit the EOI?  

Should've mentioned that I did have an existing Skills Assesment before appying for my EOI.

My current Skills Assessment gave me 4 years of experience but since the invitation has taken almost 2 years to come I gain extra points for experience so have applied for a new one which I am awaiting on.

I am thinking it might be best to let this EOI lapse and apply again once the new skills assessment comes through.

2 minutes ago, Neet said:

Should've mentioned that I did have an existing Skills Assesment before appying for my EOI.

My current Skills Assessment gave me 4 years of experience but since the invitation has taken almost 2 years to come I gain extra points for experience so have applied for a new one which I am awaiting on.

I am thinking it might be best to let this EOI lapse and apply again once the new skills assessment comes through.

I think it would be much better to get some urgent professional advice as to the best way forward, based on a proper understanding of the circumstances.

• Like 4