Missed the boat??

Aimee25

Hi we are still in the process of submitting EOI’s and I feel like we may have to except we have missed the boat, our agent is still putting EOI’s in but the main applicant turns 45 in December surely this is too late to still apply as I can’t see us getting invited and everything being approved before then??

just wondering if anyone has any advice on this is it correct you need to have everything approved before you turn 45? 

I would rather our agent say we are wasting our time.

Appreciate any advice thanks 

My understanding is you have to be under 45 at the time of being invited to apply, so it wouldn’t matter how long it then took for the visa to be lodged and granted, but it’s still a very tight window for you. Might be worth having a frank discussion with your agent as she/he will likely have a reasonable idea of the chances in you personal circumstances (eg if you are in health/teaching you might be in with a chance).

Good luck to you both 🤞 

Edited by Cobs_Ahoy

We were 44 when we applied, the invite to apply for state sponsorship came through within 24 hours of lodging EOI and we turned it around and got the sponsorship invitation from NSW within about 4 weeks.

By May we were in the application process from the 190 and we had it approved and granted by December (all before hitting 45)