Visa requirements for medicals

madison89

Hey lads

I want to know if someone dealing with mild scoliosis (CURVATURE OF THE SPINE)is any hindrance to the medicals in visa ?

I'm seeking a student visa right now but i want to know bout the options as well

Are the medical requirement same for other work visas as well ?

What about PR ?

Medical requirements for temporary visas are less stringent than PR visas.  It is all based on cost of any treatment and access to resources.  
Mild forms of scoliosis are reasonably common and stable so shouldn’t cause any issues but everyone’s case is different………..

• Like 1

okay 

Any idea where i could get a clear idea about the health requirements ?
I checked many documents and mailed the high commission but there wasn't any reply. 

Apparently, they don't provide pre lodgement migration advice. 

Any idea i could get my answers ? 

4 hours ago, madison89 said:

okay 

Any idea where i could get a clear idea about the health requirements ?
I checked many documents and mailed the high commission but there wasn't any reply. 

Apparently, they don't provide pre lodgement migration advice. 

Any idea i could get my answers ? 

Contact a registered migration agent with experience in medical matters - George Lombard is often recommended for this. 

• Like 1

On 11/08/2022 at 21:03, madison89 said:

I want to know if someone dealing with mild scoliosis (CURVATURE OF THE SPINE)is any hindrance to the medicals in visa ?

Does it require ongoing treatment?  Is it likely to cause problems in the future that will require expensive treatment?  If you are likely to be a burden on the Australian medical system, then you're not likely to get a visa.  If you just have a mild health problem that isn't going to cause any issues, you'll be fine.

Edited by Marisawright

Thanks for the revert 

What about PR or the 491 visa ?
And i don't- 

1. Require ongoing treatment 

2. Idk mild scoliosis isn't really a grave thing but i'm worried how the visa officials see it as ?

3. I am a dentist, i go to work everyday and i don't have any issues relating to it ?

Any idea who i should talk to about this which would help me with an official reply or statement ?